Never had this before and wondering if anyone else has seen this. Every once in a while when I press the power button to turn on screen (I have no lock screen) the entire touch screen will be in responsive. The back and recent apps keys will work. The button will work (like double tapping for camera). And the power button will work. But to get the Touchscreen working again I have to press the power to turn the screen off and press it again. And most times I have to do that 3 or 4 times for the response to come back. The Touchscreen responsiveness will NEVER go out while the screen is on though.

I have never dropped this phone. Never put it in water. I've used Nova Prime as my launcher since the beginning. Spen works normal. Reception is amazing. Screen is amazing. So I don't want to send this in for warranty repair if I don't have to. I have not done a factory reset yet since I have so many apps installed (mostly games) but I will if there is no alternative. Thanks!
    10-28-2015 12:49 PM
    Do a backup of Nova. Go to default apps and clear nova, and go back to touchwiz home. See if the problem exists without nova. IF, the problem persists....then I would recommend going into recovery and wiping the cache partition...doing that won't lose any data.

Enter Recover: Turn phone off.

Hold Power, Home and Volume UP, at the same time, till you see recovery booting then let go buttons.

Scroll (using volume down) till you get to Wipe Cache Partition....hit the power button to select that option.

Then reboot option....using power button.

Let us know if that works for ya!
    10-28-2015 05:35 PM
    I've been having the same issue on AT&T running stock TouchWiz. I had the issue when I first got the phone, cleared the cache and it seemed to fix it for a while but has in the past day or so started again. I'm gonna cost it again and see what happens. I'll post again in a day or two.

Posted via the Android Central App
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    10-28-2015 08:26 PM
    So i checked to see if it was nova and it wasn't. then i did the cache wipe and that didn't help. so i did a factory reset and i'm going on like 3 days and haven't had the issue again. i would have posted earlier but i'm unable to reply to a thread on my note 5 using firefox.....anyone else not able to post on the mobile page? super annoying. had to steal my wife's laptop for this post.
    11-01-2015 02:23 PM
    Glad to see that it is fixed now. You can request the desktop site too,it might work better
    11-03-2015 11:56 AM
    Did the issue ever come back for you? Just can't get rid of it but will try the cache option mentioned above.
    12-13-2015 09:45 AM
    Did the issue ever come back for you? Just can't get rid of it but will try the cache option mentioned above.
    I can't remember if it did, but I sold my note 5 2 weeks after this post and we have moved to Project Fi. Much happier with our monthly bill and happier with our Nexus 6P's. Good luck!
    12-14-2015 07:31 AM