Google Photos question for you pro users

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have Google Photos set up on my Note 5. My settings may not be optimized correctly because every time I launch it I have to wait a few minutes to many several minutes for the pics to appear and even then some pics don't appear. This is an issue especially yesterday when I wanted to show a client a project and I couldn't.

Any help is appreciated.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you set it up so that a smaller file size is uploaded to allow unlimited space on the Google cloud? If you're having the full size files uploaded then that could be why they take so long to open.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Did you set it up so that a smaller file size is uploaded to allow unlimited space on the Google cloud? If you're having the full size files uploaded then that could be why they take so long to open.

Hi,
Looks like I have two options, "High Quality" and "Original". I just checked my settings and I have "High Quality" selected.

Does Google Photos only store the photos regardless of quality in the cloud or can they also be stored local on my Note 5? I think it boils down to connection speed.

Also, I'm wondering about the "WiFi" and "Data" settings and what I should use.

I might have to scrap Google Photos and just use the Note 5 gallery app.

Ultimately I wanted to store them on the Note 5 and also have them backed up to Google Photos....

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I believe they do that automatically. You take pics they go to gallery and if you have the settings on they get backed up on the Web app