Swiftkey Neural

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried it for a week and found it to be more trouble than it was worth. While it does a good job of predicting, the predictions seem to based solely on "street" English and Valley Talk, like you know like bro its like really like blah, blah, blah. I didn't feel I wished to train a brain dead pseudo infant so I could actually do work in English.:-!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Tried it for a few days, didn't like it. Went back to Google keyboard, I find it the best for swiping. SwiftKey flow is just not very good.

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
After using Swype for years I got mad at it's poor word prediction and tried Swift key for a couple of weeks. Swiftkey's prediction is out of sight but flow is nowhere as good as swiping and I couldn't get used to thumbing and watching for the right word. Each to his own. I may switch back and forth for a while.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Contrary to the rest of you, I love it. I have "tried them all" so to speak, and I find it perfect. I wonder why I am in the minority. Weird.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Contrary to the rest of you, I love it. I have "tried them all" so to speak, and I find it perfect. I wonder why I am in the minority. Weird.

Are you speaking of the current Swiftkey, the beta ver. 6 Swiftkey, or the Neural alpha version Swiftkey?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey Neural since release and at first the prediction was only mediocre, worse than regular SwiftKey, but it is improving.

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Do you mostly type of use flow? I find SwiftKey works much better when I type, but flow is garbage. I prefer to swipe, and Google keyboard just does that better than any other one.

JohnnytheK

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you mostly type of use flow? I find SwiftKey works much better when I type, but flow is garbage. I prefer to swipe, and Google keyboard just does that better than any other one.
I agree 100%. Typing on SwiftKey is brilliant, the suggestion are right nearly all the time. Swiping is hit or miss, many times when Swiping I'll get the dumbest suggestions ever.
The Google keyboard isn't very exciting but works.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have never swiped. Just type.

The technology of Neural is pretty crazy if you read about it.

Swift keg is great for typing. I thunk better than Google for correction and suggestions.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never swiped. Just type.

The technology of Neural is pretty crazy if you read about it.

Swift keg is great for typing. I thunk better than Google for correction and suggestions.

Yea, I thunk Swift keg really nailed your corrections and suggestions on this one.

Google keyboard for the win, I rest my case.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using neural and its correction has been pretty spot on for my needs. I normally use the regular SwiftKey but wanted to test this out.

So far.. So good :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34