Anyone else have a rather noisy rattling sounds when slightly shaking phone back and forth? I've taken the S pen out and it was still there. It may be ois. But I just had a really weird thing happen. It's almost like all my antennas were messing up.in my phone. Normally when you turn on wifi your mobile data shuts off and mine was not. It's weird, I guess I've never noticed the rattling internals before and I've had this phone since launch. It's very loud too. Possibly the antennas came loose inside?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2015 10:56 AM
    It's probably the camera lens
    10-29-2015 10:58 AM
    Normally when you turn on wifi your mobile data shuts off and mine was not.
    On AT&T, the 4G icon should go away when wifi is active. On Verizon it stays. Not sure about other carriers...
    10-29-2015 11:10 AM
    More than likely camera lens. This is normal.
    10-29-2015 11:14 AM
    Thanks I think it is something to do with the antennas because I have noticed that my reception bar has not left one bar all morning and my phone has still been discharging it is a very loud rattling noise I'm thinking my antennas came loose I'm heading to the AT&T service center now

10-29-2015 11:23 AM
    Now do you think att will send me a brand new phone or a refurb? For warranty exchange?

10-29-2015 12:43 PM
    I also get a light rattle from light shaking. Don't know what it is but my reception seems fine.

My phone is little over 2 weeks old.
    10-29-2015 01:30 PM
    Now do you think att will send me a brand new phone or a refurb? For warranty exchange?

Refurb. Mine rattles as well. My note 4, s5, and s4 did as well. No reception issues.
    10-29-2015 01:40 PM
    Right mine has always rattled a little bit but this is significantly more then I ever remember. Att is sending me a replacement device

10-29-2015 02:02 PM
    IIRC, the rattle is caused by the camera lens due to the image stabilization capabilities... in other words, it's not fixed in place... so if you shake it, it moves.
    10-29-2015 03:25 PM
    If your Note 5 rattles it is working perfectly. When it stops rattling.....worry.

Quick test: Launch the camera and lightly shake your phone near your ear...No rattle should be heard at all. Now shut the camera off and do the same and you'll hear the rattle. It is the optical image stabilizer doing it's job.
    10-29-2015 05:43 PM
    Yes I understand that the camera rattles a little bit due to the ois. However this is more then just that. I have ran that test to.no avail. My service is in and out one minute I have 1 bar and the next I have full.bars. when I'm on wifi my 4g data does not turn off it stays on all the time
    Tried hard reset cleared cache. Still there it gets so bad to where I cannot call out nor send a text message then all the sudden it will be fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Att is sending me a replacement device. I even compared the rattle to another note 5 at att and mine was significantly louder and more pronounced. Almost like something inside the phone became loose. Possibly antennas or something along those lines that are causing intermittent service disrultion.

10-29-2015 09:20 PM