Android Pay on the Note 5

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably getting the Note 5 soon, and wanted to know how the Android Pay experience is on the Note 5? Having to enter a PIN every time on my G2 is a real pain. Does the fingerprint reader work as well as on a Nexus device? And is there any reason to think this would change when the phone gets Marshmallow and Imprint?

ps: I'm not holding my breath for Samsung Pay. My local bank probably won't support it until 2042 or so, but they're otherwise fantastic, so I'm not switching.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Both Android Pay and Samsung Pay work great. Android Pay has more support by banks, but I like Samsung Pay better because it is usable at all terminals not just NFC.

Posted via the Android Central App

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that sound promising. I do like the possibility of MST, but I would be very surprised if my bank started officially supporting any of the _____-Pay apps. (I'm only able to use Android Pay through a grandfathered virtual Mastercard). With Android Pay, is it just a matter of letting the phone read a fingerprint when you pay?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Like you, I don't expect to be able to use any pay app any time soon as my local credit union handles my banking needs. It's my understanding you need to use a secure lock screen at all times if you're using Android pay. I have never done so, therefore this sounds like a major inconvenience for me

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Luckily, I am able to use all my credit cards on Android Pay, and only 1 on Samsung Pay. Yes with Samsung Pay you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. A image of your card will slide up, register your fingerprint. Place phone to terminal. That's it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy