11-08-2015 07:30 AM
85 1234
tools
    Just to try the rooting process. And to remove all the excess AT&T excess apps.
    Why not just disable them?

10-30-2015 09:43 PM
    You can disable most in the app manager. Or package disabler can disable just about any package
    10-30-2015 10:50 PM
    I have a TMO Note 5. I only would want to root if having battery issues so I could use Wake Lock Detector.

The two reasons I have rooted are the above of being able to find a battery drain and remove bloat.

We are lucky that package disabler will work on Samsung phones. Even if you root and uninstall the app, you don't get the space back, the phone keeps it.

Being able to use package disabler like posted above is really the same thing you can do with root. I would uninstall things like the bloat and put it in the recycle bin. With package disabled, unlike just disabling, you don't see those disabled things on your phone. It is truly like rooting (at least for that part, removing bloat).
    smartphonetee likes this.
    10-31-2015 12:06 AM
    This phone is a beast. No regret at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2015 12:12 AM
    Well I'm the reverse. I returned my Note 5 on the 13th day in favor of my iPhone 6s Plus, but am starting to miss some things about it. Also, Fedex literally JUST knocked on my door and delivered not one, but two wireless chargers from the Samsung Pay activation promotion. They sent me one white and one black. The irony is that I now have two wireless chargers (don't know why Samsung sent me two) and no phone with which to use them. Is it a sign? The agony begins again. LOL
    I'll take one. I love my Note but not sure I care for any of the Smartwatches out now. This is the only reason I want to go back to a iPhone. The combo was great.
    10-31-2015 01:04 AM
    I'll take one. I love my Note but not sure I care for any of the Smartwatches out now. This is the only reason I want to go back to a iPhone. The combo was great.
    This is actually one of the reasons I kept my Note 5 and ditched my iPhone. I was starting to collect more Apple tech to complement my iPhone. That's the opposite of what I wanted. I wanted to simplify and condense my tech. so I needed something that was more "all-in-one" capable. That's how I ended up with the Note 5 over my iPhone 6S.
    10-31-2015 04:56 AM
    The only other thing is, within the 14 days, I typically get buyers remorse. I almost pray for the 14 days to rush by. A few weeks ago, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus. It lasted all of 24 hours. I thought it would be better than my Note 5.
    10-31-2015 11:08 AM
    The only other thing is, within the 14 days, I typically get buyers remorse. I almost pray for the 14 days to rush by. A few weeks ago, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus. It lasted all of 24 hours. I thought it would be better than my Note 5.
    I have the same buyers remorse no matter what smartphone I get. Every day I wonder if I should just get an iPhone.

10-31-2015 11:11 AM
    I have the same buyers remorse no matter what smartphone I get. Every day I wonder if I should just get an iPhone.

I think this often. Why? I think of the simplicity of things and that 85% of people have an iOS device. Along with the sheer volume of apps being created just for iOS. A little frustrating actually.
    10-31-2015 11:23 AM
    I think this often. Why? I think of the simplicity of things and that 85% of people have an iOS device. Along with the sheer volume of apps being created just for iOS. A little frustrating actually.
    I have the same feeling though when I have an iPhone and I want a Note. I think that my iPhone can't do half the Note 5 does so why do I have an iPhone?

10-31-2015 01:13 PM
    Oh.. 85‰..noooo

This was 2 years ago and the Android numbers have increased. Even Samsung alone has Apple beat and there are a ton more Android phones that aren't Samsung.

http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/
    10-31-2015 02:38 PM
    Oh.. 85‰..noooo

This was 2 years ago and the Android numbers have increased. Even Samsung alone has Apple beat and there are a ton more Android phones that aren't Samsung.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't really basing it on actually figures, more the volume of users, I see around me.
    10-31-2015 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't really basing it on actually figures, more the volume of users, I see around me.
    Well there could be more that you know, in your area, etc.. That I get.
    10-31-2015 02:46 PM
    Doc, i'm always in the same boat. I always think things like that. Even though the Note 5 has many features more I still prefer my 6S Plus. From my personal experience with it I hardly used any of the features. I even used the spen like a handful of times in a month. Doesn't help when my Carrier now carries the Note in 64GB as of last week even though they said they will only carry 32GB. Don't get me wrong I miss the note 5 some days. I just have the same feelings about both phones as you do.
    10-31-2015 02:50 PM
    I have no regrets with my Note 5, my Note 4 however went back before my 14 days were up.
    10-31-2015 02:54 PM
    I have no regrets with my Note 5, my Note 4 however went back before my 14 days were up.
    Really? why?

10-31-2015 04:47 PM
    Note 5 is my first android device, I kept my iPhone 6 thinking I'd need a few weeks to adjust after my 8 years of iOS.. But after a few hours with this screen I look back at the iPhone and it feels like a toy - my dual Sim Galaxy note 5 is a joy to use and I think for the power users who don't mind (or maybe even enjoy.. ) to hack a little it's truly a great device..
    10-31-2015 05:08 PM
    Note 5 is my first android device, I kept my iPhone 6 thinking I'd need a few weeks to adjust after my 8 years of iOS.. But after a few hours with this screen I look back at the iPhone and it feels like a toy - my dual Sim Galaxy note 5 is a joy to use and I think for the power users who don't mind (or maybe even enjoy.. ) to hack a little it's truly a great device..
    When I think about what makes a great smartphone I always start with the screen. And Samsung just makes the best screen in my opinion.

10-31-2015 05:22 PM
    When I think about what makes a great smartphone I always start with the screen. And Samsung just makes the best screen in my opinion.

I would agree with you, the screen on this beats iPhone hands down and the fact that you spend most of the time looking at the screen it makes sense to start with it when choosing a device..

Software wise Android OS is much more customisable aswell, however can totally understand the users who simply want to buy iPhone for the simplicity.
    10-31-2015 05:34 PM
    Best device on the market. iPhone 6S+ no thanks. Nexus 6P - no thanks. (after seeing the bend test, I wouldn't pay $100 for a 6P) ( no, the 4 seconds of fire didn't make it bend like paper )
    Note 5 is awesome. No regret at all. I own an iPhone 6 as well. it does nothing but collect dust since getting the Note 5.
    10-31-2015 08:28 PM
    Honestly the best phone out right now. Good battery excellent camera, perfect size

10-31-2015 09:02 PM
    The biggest phone I've had is the Nexus 6. I couldn't go that big again so no Nexus 6P for me!
    Um, the Note 5 and 6P are the same size. (5.7")
    10-31-2015 11:56 PM
    Android has a 82.8% market share as of q2 2015

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp
    smartphonetee likes this.
    11-01-2015 12:10 AM
    I love this phone! I have had all the Notes before the Note 5 and this was the first time I was apprehensive. I used to have a 64 gig SD card and I had the extra battery kit. As it turns out.. I really like the wireless fast charge and I bought a 64 G mini usb/usb3 thumb drive that works great when I want to watch movies.

This is definitely the best Note yet

11-01-2015 12:32 AM
    Oh.. 85‰..noooo

What I find most interesting about this is how much more profit apple is bringing in. Check out the graph, nearly three times Samsung.

I believe one if the reasons Android and Samsung are so popular, particularly globally, is because in many smaller global markets customers simply can not afford the iPhone, but there are many low end Android and Samsung phones they either buy for next to nothing or are getting for free. This factor will always skew the numbers; what I'd really be interested in seeing is Note 5 and Galaxy S6 sales versus iPhone 6S and 6S+, that's much more of an apples to apples comparison.
    11-01-2015 01:32 AM
85 1234