After the 14-day return window

p33l05

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 is my first android device, I kept my iPhone 6 thinking I'd need a few weeks to adjust after my 8 years of iOS.. But after a few hours with this screen I look back at the iPhone and it feels like a toy - my dual Sim Galaxy note 5 is a joy to use and I think for the power users who don't mind (or maybe even enjoy.. ) to hack a little it's truly a great device..

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 is my first android device, I kept my iPhone 6 thinking I'd need a few weeks to adjust after my 8 years of iOS.. But after a few hours with this screen I look back at the iPhone and it feels like a toy - my dual Sim Galaxy note 5 is a joy to use and I think for the power users who don't mind (or maybe even enjoy.. ) to hack a little it's truly a great device..

When I think about what makes a great smartphone I always start with the screen. And Samsung just makes the best screen in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

p33l05

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
When I think about what makes a great smartphone I always start with the screen. And Samsung just makes the best screen in my opinion.

I would agree with you, the screen on this beats iPhone hands down and the fact that you spend most of the time looking at the screen it makes sense to start with it when choosing a device..

Software wise Android OS is much more customisable aswell, however can totally understand the users who simply want to buy iPhone for the simplicity.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Best device on the market. iPhone 6S+ no thanks. Nexus 6P - no thanks. (after seeing the bend test, I wouldn't pay $100 for a 6P) ( no, the 4 seconds of fire didn't make it bend like paper )
Note 5 is awesome. No regret at all. I own an iPhone 6 as well. it does nothing but collect dust since getting the Note 5.

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I love this phone! I have had all the Notes before the Note 5 and this was the first time I was apprehensive. I used to have a 64 gig SD card and I had the extra battery kit. As it turns out.. I really like the wireless fast charge and I bought a 64 G mini usb/usb3 thumb drive that works great when I want to watch movies.

This is definitely the best Note yet

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh.. 85‰..noooo

This was 2 years ago and the Android numbers have increased. Even Samsung alone has Apple beat and there are a ton more Android phones that aren't Samsung.

http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/

What I find most interesting about this is how much more profit apple is bringing in. Check out the graph, nearly three times Samsung.

I believe one if the reasons Android and Samsung are so popular, particularly globally, is because in many smaller global markets customers simply can not afford the iPhone, but there are many low end Android and Samsung phones they either buy for next to nothing or are getting for free. This factor will always skew the numbers; what I'd really be interested in seeing is Note 5 and Galaxy S6 sales versus iPhone 6S and 6S+, that's much more of an apples to apples comparison.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh there are iPhones in those markets also. Apple is bringing in more profit because they charge ridiculous prices. Their low price iPhone didn't so so well, not even in those markets.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh there are iPhones in those markets also. Apple is bringing in more profit because they charge ridiculous prices. Their low price iPhone didn't so so well, not even in those markets.

The price of Apple products is the one thing that I have always had a problem with. How is it that a 64GB iPhone 6S Costa about the same as my 64GB Note 5? My screen is larger and sharper, s-pen, heart rate monitor, better camera, fast charging capable, bigger battery, and made from better materials in my opinion. Yet they are the same price? Doesn't make sense.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Its all about marketing and Apple market their products great. Doesn't matter if the Note 5 is a better overall device. In Canada it's all about Apple. Everywhere in my city all you see is iPhones. More than 3/4 of my contacts have iPhones. It's all about marketing like I said and Apple hits a home run each time. We have two Apple stores here and both are always busy anytime I've ever walked by. It's a damn Cult lol.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Its all about marketing and Apple market their products great. Doesn't matter if the Note 5 is a better overall device. In Canada it's all about Apple. Everywhere in my city all you see is iPhones. More than 3/4 of my contacts have iPhones. It's all about marketing like I said and Apple hits a home run each time. We have two Apple stores here and both are always busy anytime I've ever walked by. It's a damn Cult lol.

Sure. But Samsung markets a lot too. And I hear you on everyone having an iPhone. Most of the people I know have an iPhone as well. And the Apple store in Naperville is packed year round.

smartphonetee

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I will agree. Apple market their products brilliantly, am even jealous at how they do it. Why do you think they get the queues they do, when they release a product? People are not even thinking about the price, they're simply queuing. Weird how BlackBerry have survived WITHOUT really marketing. But, I digress.

If I was rich, I'd have all the latest flagship devices and switch on the whim, daily.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I will agree. Apple market their products brilliantly, am even jealous at how they do it. Why do you think they get the queues they do, when they release a product? People are not even thinking about the price, they're simply queuing. Weird how BlackBerry have survived WITHOUT really marketing. But, I digress.

If I was rich, I'd have all the latest flagship devices and switch on the whim, daily.

That's an interesting thought. If money wasn't a factor and you could have any smartphone tablet you wanted, what would you buy? What ecosystem would you set yourself up with?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well Apple has always been that way. Sure years ago, they had something new and better with personal computers, they charged for that. Now people pay for the name.

Beats headphones.. They are crap, cheap, etc and people pay a high price for them because they are Apple.

You see this kind of thing in women's clothing. Sure a $200 purse is going to be better than a $30 purse. There comes a point where a higher price though, doesn't mean a better quality. There is a point with purses and clothing, you are paying for a name and nothing else.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Um, the Note 5 and 6P are the same size. (5.7")
Screen size yes but it's about the form factor. The curved back of the nexus 6 and the some what thicker edges made it difficult for me to hold one handed. The smooth back and thin bezels on the Note 5 are much easier for me. The 5 appears smaller when placed next to a Nexus 6 even with the same screen size.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Screen size yes but it's about the form factor. The curved back of the nexus 6 and the some what thicker edges made it difficult for me to hold one handed. The smooth back and thin bezels on the Note 5 are much easier for me. The 5 appears smaller when placed next to a Nexus 6 even with the same screen size.

Same way with the Note 4 and Note 5. The Note 4 was just a little thicker, but enough to feel a big difference.

smartphonetee

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Smartphone tablet? Hmm, it would still be an iPad. I have the iPad Air II currently, and it just works. Albeit, I'm yet to fully try a Samsung tablet of sorts.

That's an interesting thought. If money wasn't a factor and you could have any smartphone tablet you wanted, what would you buy? What ecosystem would you set yourself up with?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance