After the 14-day return window

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just to try the rooting process. And to remove all the excess AT&T excess apps.
Why not just disable them?

79e441af93fca79963c5461d29c5d1bb.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just to try the rooting process. And to remove all the excess AT&T excess apps.

I have a TMO Note 5. I only would want to root if having battery issues so I could use Wake Lock Detector.

The two reasons I have rooted are the above of being able to find a battery drain and remove bloat.

We are lucky that package disabler will work on Samsung phones. Even if you root and uninstall the app, you don't get the space back, the phone keeps it.

Being able to use package disabler like posted above is really the same thing you can do with root. I would uninstall things like the bloat and put it in the recycle bin. With package disabled, unlike just disabling, you don't see those disabled things on your phone. It is truly like rooting (at least for that part, removing bloat).

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm the reverse. I returned my Note 5 on the 13th day in favor of my iPhone 6s Plus, but am starting to miss some things about it. Also, Fedex literally JUST knocked on my door and delivered not one, but two wireless chargers from the Samsung Pay activation promotion. They sent me one white and one black. The irony is that I now have two wireless chargers (don't know why Samsung sent me two) and no phone with which to use them. Is it a sign? The agony begins again. LOL
I'll take one. I love my Note but not sure I care for any of the Smartwatches out now. This is the only reason I want to go back to a iPhone. The combo was great.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll take one. I love my Note but not sure I care for any of the Smartwatches out now. This is the only reason I want to go back to a iPhone. The combo was great.
This is actually one of the reasons I kept my Note 5 and ditched my iPhone. I was starting to collect more Apple tech to complement my iPhone. That's the opposite of what I wanted. I wanted to simplify and condense my tech. so I needed something that was more "all-in-one" capable. That's how I ended up with the Note 5 over my iPhone 6S.

smartphonetee

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The only other thing is, within the 14 days, I typically get buyers remorse. I almost pray for the 14 days to rush by. A few weeks ago, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus. It lasted all of 24 hours. I thought it would be better than my Note 5.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The only other thing is, within the 14 days, I typically get buyers remorse. I almost pray for the 14 days to rush by. A few weeks ago, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus. It lasted all of 24 hours. I thought it would be better than my Note 5.

I have the same buyers remorse no matter what smartphone I get. Every day I wonder if I should just get an iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App

smartphonetee

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same buyers remorse no matter what smartphone I get. Every day I wonder if I should just get an iPhone.

I think this often. Why? I think of the simplicity of things and that 85% of people have an iOS device. Along with the sheer volume of apps being created just for iOS. A little frustrating actually.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think this often. Why? I think of the simplicity of things and that 85% of people have an iOS device. Along with the sheer volume of apps being created just for iOS. A little frustrating actually.

I have the same feeling though when I have an iPhone and I want a Note. I think that my iPhone can't do half the Note 5 does so why do I have an iPhone?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh.. 85‰..noooo

This was 2 years ago and the Android numbers have increased. Even Samsung alone has Apple beat and there are a ton more Android phones that aren't Samsung.

http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Doc, i'm always in the same boat. I always think things like that. Even though the Note 5 has many features more I still prefer my 6S Plus. From my personal experience with it I hardly used any of the features. I even used the spen like a handful of times in a month. Doesn't help when my Carrier now carries the Note in 64GB as of last week even though they said they will only carry 32GB. Don't get me wrong I miss the note 5 some days. I just have the same feelings about both phones as you do.