Bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from AT&T and love it. The only problem I have with it is when I move from one known wifi area to another one, it will automatically turn off the wifi and not connect until I manually turn wifi back on. I have checked all of the settings relating to the wifi and they seem correct. I have it so it is suppose to always scan for wifi even when in sleep mode. Is there a setting I am missing or is this something to do with AT&T?
    10-30-2015 08:09 AM
    Won't that drain your battery down pretty fast?I have Avast battery saver app on mine and it turns on wifi by location so I never have to worry about it.
    Bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from AT&T and love it. The only problem I have with it is when I move from one known wifi area to another one, it will automatically turn off the wifi and not connect until I manually turn wifi back on. I have checked all of the settings relating to the wifi and they seem correct. I have it so it is suppose to always scan for wifi even when in sleep mode. Is there a setting I am missing or is this something to do with AT&T?
    10-30-2015 08:34 AM
    Turn that scan off.

It should automatically connect to all known WiFi areas.

You don't have AT&T"s Smart WiFi or whatever they call it now, connected do you?
    10-30-2015 08:39 AM
    Go into app settings and disable AT&T Smart WiFi and AT&T hot Spots.
    I have found that unless you really want the AT&T function, most AT&T apps can be safely disabled. This usually takes care of a number of issues that seem to crop up on their devices.
    10-30-2015 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the information. I just disabled the AT&T Smart WiFi app. Hopefully that will work.
    10-30-2015 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the information. I just disabled the AT&T Smart WiFi app. Hopefully that will work.
    Yeah that thing causes problems.
    10-30-2015 10:50 AM