11-08-2015 08:35 AM
64 123
tools
    Had mine since release day, coming from Note 4. Had the Note 3, and 2 before that. I know I don't use my Note to the fullest, but I do use a lot of its features. Learn you phone, and I doubt you'll want anything different.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-02-2015 12:26 PM
    Have had mine for 3 weeks. I miss my iPhone 6 sometimes. I use it sometimes as I still haven't transfered everything over. I think I finally moved everything over yesterday. Btw, everything went onto Google Drive and Photos and it's awesome! Thank God for my unlimited plan.

The size of the iPhone 6 is perfect for 1 handed use, as well as the weight. The in hand feel is better.

I miss being able to authenticate, especially bank accounts, with my fingerprint.

And battery life is better on the iPhone 6 and it only has a 2000mah battery.
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-02-2015 01:45 PM
    I've had the phone since release date and I want to love it but 1 thing that has me considering going to an iPhone is the screen freeze issue. I know this is a well known issue with the Note 5. I've done 2 factory resets, 1 being last night and today my screen began to freeze again. If this phone didn't have this issue, I would consider it the best of the best. I love the fast and wireless charging, and S Pen all of which the iPhone is lacking, so I'm still trying to decide what to do.

11-02-2015 02:48 PM
    I've had the phone a little over a month and I still think it's the best device I've owned. Amazing camera, great screen, I love the size for a device with such a big screen, the small side bezels are great.

The only thing that could improve a bit is touchwiz, I actually like it these days but a few things could be better.

Why with all your options Samsung can I not change the snooze duration on an alarm? After a long time with it I do notice the app redraws from time to time also thanks to the ram management

But every phone has some compromises, I wouldn't trade it for anything else out there now
    11-02-2015 04:22 PM
    Have had mine for 3 weeks. I miss my iPhone 6 sometimes. I use it sometimes as I still haven't transfered everything over. I think I finally moved everything over yesterday. Btw, everything went onto Google Drive and Photos and it's awesome! Thank God for my unlimited plan.

The size of the iPhone 6 is perfect for 1 handed use, as well as the weight. The in hand feel is better.

I miss being able to authenticate, especially bank accounts, with my fingerprint.

And battery life is better on the iPhone 6 and it only has a 2000mah battery.
    The Note 5 is state of the art and getting better. IMO, that is why you chose it over the iPhone 6..

IMO, the size of the Note 5 is perfect, I for one wish they had kept some features that were in the previous Notes, but we can't win them all.

Off Topic for a second, you avatar got to me..
    I am an RC51 nutcase/jockey..
    Trackday bike
    http://www.cehoward.net/legg1.jpg
    http://www.cehoward.net/skat859.jpg

Full Race/WERA/CCS weapon
    http://www.cehoward.net/630-p.jpg

Back on topic..

Forget the IPhone, what size Note 5 you got, 32 or 64?

Be safe,
    11-02-2015 06:58 PM
    The android phone that finally pulled me away from an iphone. Fantastic phone.
    11-02-2015 10:22 PM
    I just moved from an HTC One M8 for Windows to the Note 5 and have no regrets so far.
    It's a very handsome phone, sturdy, high quality build. It's very speedy in all regards and I'm looking forward to learning/using it all.
    11-02-2015 10:46 PM
    Very happy. Has everything new out there, if not the best of the best.
    11-02-2015 11:15 PM
    It's good but not great. I enjoy nearly all aspects of it, but little performance issues stop me from really loving it.

They're small things, but personally they irk me ...
    • Frame drops in UI animations. Some how Touchwiz is still not as smooth as it can be. Coming from a OnePlus One with 2 years older hardware, the UI is not as smooth.
    • Scrolling behaviour. It has gotten better over time with app and OS updates, but still, scrolling in certain 3rd party apps is not as smooth as on more stock android.
    • Ram management issues. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's there, no doubt about it.

Given how damn powerful the hardware is, I find the above issues disappointing. I would gladly trade 0.5 seconds of app opening time for smoother animations and scrolling.

EDIT: but yeah, the camera, screen, build quality, call quality etc etc ... all great
    11-02-2015 11:22 PM
    It's good but not great. I enjoy nearly all aspects of it, but little performance issues stop me from really loving it.

• Frame drops in UI animations. Some how Touchwiz is still not as smooth as it can be. Coming from a OnePlus One with 2 years older hardware, the UI is not as smooth.
    • Scrolling behaviour. It has gotten better over time with app and OS updates, but still, scrolling in certain 3rd party apps is not as smooth as on more stock android.
    • Ram management issues. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's there, no doubt about it.

Given how damn powerful the hardware is, I find the above issues disappointing. I would gladly trade 0.5 seconds of app opening time for smoother animations and scrolling.

EDIT: but yeah, the camera, screen, build quality, call quality etc etc ... all great
    Nova prime will fix the animation, scrolling, and frame drop issues

11-03-2015 06:47 AM
    Nova prime will fix the animation, scrolling, and frame drop issues

No it doesn't. Not within 3rd party apps or UI elements like the drop down notifications or the multitasking carrousel. It did improve scrolling in widgets.
    11-03-2015 06:53 AM

I have seen a couple of ppl with these complaints and I must be lucky as I have none of these issues whatsoever.
    11-03-2015 07:13 AM
    I have the Verizon 64GB and loving it. Best phone I've ever had.
    11-03-2015 11:13 AM
    I'm looking at coming over to a Note 5 from an iPhone. I was considering a Nexus 5X, but circumstances kept me from getting one. For right now anyway. A few questions about the Note 5.....how big is it? I have an iPhone 6 Plus, is it bigger than the 6 Plus? I can't see going much bigger than the 6 Plus.....also, I have had a few Samsung Galaxy phones in the past, (not a Note, I've never owned a Note device), and I experienced lag and stuttering, that's why I didn't stick with them. Are these issues improved on the Note 5? Thanks for any input!
    11-03-2015 11:26 AM
    That just might be possible. I will look for a fix regarding the freezing problem and stick with the phone until next year.
    I would try a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have problems.
    11-03-2015 11:37 AM
    From what I understand the Note 5 physical size isn't as big 6 Plus.

Now with the Note 5, the screen is the same size as the Note 4, but the Note 5 is smaller. Also it is also a better fit in your hand and feels much smaller. It is a very comfortable phone to use. You really should go by a store and get one on your hands.

As far as lag, etc.. I've not experienced any of that at all.
    11-03-2015 11:40 AM
    From what I understand the Note 5 physical size isn't as big 6 Plus.

Now with the Note 5, the screen is the same size as the Note 4, but the Note 5 is smaller. Also it is also a better fit in your hand and feels much smaller. It is a very comfortable phone to use. You really should go by a store and get one on your hands.

As far as lag, etc.. I've not experienced any of that at all.
    6sp is larger physically than the note 5.

The Note 5 smaller width combined with the reverse curve helps a lot when in your hand.
    11-03-2015 12:11 PM
    I would try a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have problems.
    Seems like the problem fixed itself. Over 48 hours without any freeze.
    Keep my fingers crossed
    11-03-2015 12:46 PM
    I'm looking at coming over to a Note 5 from an iPhone. I was considering a Nexus 5X, but circumstances kept me from getting one. For right now anyway. A few questions about the Note 5.....how big is it? I have an iPhone 6 Plus, is it bigger than the 6 Plus? I can't see going much bigger than the 6 Plus.....also, I have had a few Samsung Galaxy phones in the past, (not a Note, I've never owned a Note device), and I experienced lag and stuttering, that's why I didn't stick with them. Are these issues improved on the Note 5? Thanks for any input!
    The Note 5 footprint is actually smaller than the 6 Plus footprint though it is 0.5mm thicker.

I switched from an iPhone 6 myself. Aside from a few growing pains, it's been a good phone.
    11-03-2015 01:25 PM
    Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! I will go to my AT&T store and see if they have any, to actually hold one in my hand. But I like to read others opinions and thoughts. Will the Note 5 get the Marshmallow 6.0 software update?
    11-03-2015 01:33 PM
    The Note 5 is state of the art and getting better. IMO, that is why you chose it over the iPhone 6..

IMO, the size of the Note 5 is perfect, I for one wish they had kept some features that were in the previous Notes, but we can't win them all.

Off Topic for a second, you avatar got to me..
    I am an RC51 nutcase/jockey..
    Trackday bike
    http://www.cehoward.net/legg1.jpg
    http://www.cehoward.net/skat859.jpg

Full Race/WERA/CCS weapon
    http://www.cehoward.net/630-p.jpg

Back on topic..

Forget the IPhone, what size Note 5 you got, 32 or 64?

Be safe,
    Who would of thought another RC51 enthusiast on here! Unfortunately I sold it over last winter and moved to a Monster S2R1000. Sure, it doesn't have much power but it is more fun than the RC. I do miss the top end sometimes but at a street pace and slightly beyond its Hella fun!

11-03-2015 01:34 PM
    Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! I will go to my AT&T store and see if they have any, to actually hold one in my hand. But I like to read others opinions and thoughts. Will the Note 5 get the Marshmallow 6.0 software update?
    Yes it will get Marshmallow. My experience with AT&T is they will be last or next to last of the 4 carriers to get the update.
    11-03-2015 02:10 PM
    Who would of thought another RC51 enthusiast on here! Unfortunately I sold it over last winter and moved to a Monster S2R1000. Sure, it doesn't have much power but it is more fun than the RC. I do miss the top end sometimes but at a street pace and slightly beyond its Hella fun!
    So, I am taking it, that you consider the Note 5 better than that iPhone 6? That was a no brainer..

Warm RC51 hug to you.. Great pics too.
    For the fun of it, I passed 9 Monsters on my RC51 at Thornton's Gap in West Va.. A mini Tail of the Dragon.

How is the battery life on the Note 5, and how are you dealing with the limited storage??
    11-03-2015 09:42 PM
    Have a VZW Note 5 since release and I am totally happy with it now that Samsung Pay is supported. No problems at all.

11-03-2015 09:53 PM
    Vzw Note 5 64gb. I mostly love it. Having NONE of the problems listed above. I fact, no real problems or bugs. However, if I had my choice, I would have preferred something the size of an S6. I'm coming from an S4 so this is my first phablet. I opted for the note instead of the S6 because of battery life concerns.

For its screen size, the note is amazingly compact and easy to hold. But, I still think the size of my S4 was more practical.
    11-04-2015 09:11 AM
64 123