11-08-2015 08:35 AM
64 123
tools
    As with others, I've had it since release and no issues.
    Also been getting really good battery life (as good if not better than my Note 4).
    11-04-2015 09:14 AM
    The phones cool only issue is the fingerprint sensor is horrible for me

Posted via the Android Central App
    Delete or overwrite your existing fingerprint and train it again. I don't have a Note 5, I have a Note 4 with the inferior fingerprint sensor, and I absolutely hated it at first. It failed more often than it worked. Then I re-trained it and it works great about 95% of the time or more. I wish it had the Note 5 sensor, but it will do for now.
    11-04-2015 01:11 PM
    Delete or overwrite your existing fingerprint and train it again. I don't have a Note 5, I have a Note 4 with the inferior fingerprint sensor, and I absolutely hated it at first. It failed more often than it worked. Then I re-trained it and it works great about 95% of the time or more. I wish it had the Note 5 sensor, but it will do for now.
    I also have two fingerprint scans for the finger I use.
    11-04-2015 01:13 PM
    Crazy happy with my N5.
    Best smartphone that I've owned yet - and I've owned a bunch.
    11-04-2015 01:52 PM
    I also have two fingerprint scans for the finger I use.
    I concur on the multiple scans. I personally have separate scans each in portrait and landscape for both thumbs and both index fingers. (Total of 8 scans) This way it works practically any way I hold it or even if its in my car mount.
    11-04-2015 02:08 PM
    I concur on the multiple scans. I personally have separate scans each in portrait and landscape for both thumbs and both index fingers. (Total of 8 scans) This way it works practically any way I hold it or even if its in my car mount.
    Mine (AT&T) only has 4 fingerprint slots available....
    11-04-2015 02:27 PM
    I only have four on my TMO variant.
    11-04-2015 02:46 PM
    Happy with the Note5? Very! This is the best overall phone I've ever had and I've had a bunch and swung "both ways" if you know what I mean. I will say that I use the S pen a lot though so that is a huge factor in my choice. I'm not sure I can ever get away from the S pen I love it so much. I tried going back to iPhone with the 6 but I missed my S pen too much and I've really gotten used to having the choices Android based units give you. With the Note 4, I found I was using lots of mods like Nova and such but with the Note5, I keep trying things and then resetting back to stock TW. I really like TW on the Note5 and with the theme packs you can really just enjoy the phone as is. I think Samsung really got just about everything right on this phone. I know some don't like the missing IR, removable battery and storage but just isn't an issue to me so far (especially with the 64gb model).
    Great phone!! Highly recommend!
    11-04-2015 03:05 PM
    Mine (AT&T) only has 4 fingerprint slots available....
    Yeah. Mine has four slots too. What I mean by 8 scans is, for instance left thumb. Scan several times till it got to 50% then flip finger the opposite direction. So 50% of the scans are thumb facing left and 50% the thumb is facing right. Was able to do this for both thumbs and both indexes. Four slots, 8 scans.
    11-04-2015 10:15 PM
    Had it for a little over a month and love it. Typically make it the whole day without needing to charge. Came from the iPhone 6 and no big complaints. Like others I'm disappointed with the non removable battery and no SD storage. Maybe Samsung will realize their mistake and change it for their next wave of Galaxy phones......Probably not.

32GB Note 5 Verizon
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    11-05-2015 09:08 AM
    I've always had a removable battery and SD card Samsung and the Note 5 is the best phone I have ever had.

I used an extra battery once before, after a once in a lifetime tornado outbreak. I could have and did, also charge my phone in my car.
    11-05-2015 10:33 AM
    Had it for a little over a month and love it. Typically make it the whole day without needing to charge. Came from the iPhone 6 and no big complaints. Like others I'm disappointed with the non removable battery and no SD storage. Maybe Samsung will realize their mistake and change it for their next wave of Galaxy phones......Probably not.

32GB Note 5 Verizon
    IMO, the Note 5 is state of the art and best smartphone on the market. Some users like me really
    need the removable battery and more storage. In the course of a week, I average about 4 to 5 battery swaps, and I have 85gigs on my sd card.. Cloud is not good enough or reliable for me..

Come on Note 6...
    11-05-2015 01:31 PM
    I've always had a removable battery and SD card Samsung and the Note 5 is the best phone I have ever had.

I used an extra battery once before, after a once in a lifetime tornado outbreak. I could have and did, also charge my phone in my car.
    I am glad that Samsung is done with SD cards and removable batteries. I never changed my battery. So having a removable battery cover made the phone creak. I never liked that. I enjoy how solid the phone feels now. SD cards were at times problematic. Sometimes they became corrupt. Some were slow. I didn't like having to manage my storage between the SD card and internal storage. And if you put apps on the SD card sometimes the widgets wouldn't work. I just didn't like messing with them.
    DX9 and bmetelsky like this.
    11-08-2015 07:42 AM
    I ended up with a bunch of junk on my SD card I never needed.

Removable batteries are going away, except for low end phones, IMO.

A non-removable battery and no SD card makes the phone run much better. My N5 battery lasts longer than my N4 ever did.
    11-08-2015 08:35 AM
64 123