Happy with note 5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand the Note 5 physical size isn't as big 6 Plus.

Now with the Note 5, the screen is the same size as the Note 4, but the Note 5 is smaller. Also it is also a better fit in your hand and feels much smaller. It is a very comfortable phone to use. You really should go by a store and get one on your hands.

As far as lag, etc.. I've not experienced any of that at all.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand the Note 5 physical size isn't as big 6 Plus.

Now with the Note 5, the screen is the same size as the Note 4, but the Note 5 is smaller. Also it is also a better fit in your hand and feels much smaller. It is a very comfortable phone to use. You really should go by a store and get one on your hands.

As far as lag, etc.. I've not experienced any of that at all.
6sp is larger physically than the note 5.

The Note 5 smaller width combined with the reverse curve helps a lot when in your hand.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at coming over to a Note 5 from an iPhone. I was considering a Nexus 5X, but circumstances kept me from getting one. For right now anyway. :) A few questions about the Note 5.....how big is it? I have an iPhone 6 Plus, is it bigger than the 6 Plus? I can't see going much bigger than the 6 Plus.....also, I have had a few Samsung Galaxy phones in the past, (not a Note, I've never owned a Note device), and I experienced lag and stuttering, that's why I didn't stick with them. Are these issues improved on the Note 5? Thanks for any input!
The Note 5 footprint is actually smaller than the 6 Plus footprint though it is 0.5mm thicker.

I switched from an iPhone 6 myself. Aside from a few growing pains, it's been a good phone.

clouds0222

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! I will go to my AT&T store and see if they have any, to actually hold one in my hand. But I like to read others opinions and thoughts. Will the Note 5 get the Marshmallow 6.0 software update?

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 is state of the art and getting better. IMO, that is why you chose it over the iPhone 6.. :D

IMO, the size of the Note 5 is perfect, I for one wish they had kept some features that were in the previous Notes, but we can't win them all.

Off Topic for a second, you avatar got to me.. :D
I am an RC51 nutcase/jockey..
Trackday bike
http://www.cehoward.net/legg1.jpg
http://www.cehoward.net/skat859.jpg

Full Race/WERA/CCS weapon
http://www.cehoward.net/630-p.jpg

Back on topic..:D

Forget the IPhone, what size Note 5 you got, 32 or 64?

Be safe,
Who would of thought another RC51 enthusiast on here! Unfortunately I sold it over last winter and moved to a Monster S2R1000. Sure, it doesn't have much power but it is more fun than the RC. I do miss the top end sometimes but at a street pace and slightly beyond its Hella fun!

d1ee4696405514abb829b889bdece39e.jpg

7b8f84682585e9096aa836a504c20445.jpg

4feef232c39ceb01d36b36e6bb15bfd8.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! I will go to my AT&T store and see if they have any, to actually hold one in my hand. But I like to read others opinions and thoughts. Will the Note 5 get the Marshmallow 6.0 software update?

Yes it will get Marshmallow. My experience with AT&T is they will be last or next to last of the 4 carriers to get the update.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Who would of thought another RC51 enthusiast on here! Unfortunately I sold it over last winter and moved to a Monster S2R1000. Sure, it doesn't have much power but it is more fun than the RC. I do miss the top end sometimes but at a street pace and slightly beyond its Hella fun!

So, I am taking it, that you consider the Note 5 better than that iPhone 6? That was a no brainer..:D

Warm RC51 hug to you.. Great pics too.
For the fun of it, I passed 9 Monsters on my RC51 at Thornton's Gap in West Va.. A mini Tail of the Dragon. :)

How is the battery life on the Note 5, and how are you dealing with the limited storage??

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Have a VZW Note 5 since release and I am totally happy with it now that Samsung Pay is supported. No problems at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Vzw Note 5 64gb. I mostly love it. Having NONE of the problems listed above. I fact, no real problems or bugs. However, if I had my choice, I would have preferred something the size of an S6. I'm coming from an S4 so this is my first phablet. I opted for the note instead of the S6 because of battery life concerns.

For its screen size, the note is amazingly compact and easy to hold. But, I still think the size of my S4 was more practical.

Fnord

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As with others, I've had it since release and no issues.
Also been getting really good battery life (as good if not better than my Note 4).

Rogue Tomato

Banned
Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The phones cool only issue is the fingerprint sensor is horrible for me

Delete or overwrite your existing fingerprint and train it again. I don't have a Note 5, I have a Note 4 with the inferior fingerprint sensor, and I absolutely hated it at first. It failed more often than it worked. Then I re-trained it and it works great about 95% of the time or more. I wish it had the Note 5 sensor, but it will do for now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Delete or overwrite your existing fingerprint and train it again. I don't have a Note 5, I have a Note 4 with the inferior fingerprint sensor, and I absolutely hated it at first. It failed more often than it worked. Then I re-trained it and it works great about 95% of the time or more. I wish it had the Note 5 sensor, but it will do for now.

I also have two fingerprint scans for the finger I use.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I also have two fingerprint scans for the finger I use.
I concur on the multiple scans. I personally have separate scans each in portrait and landscape for both thumbs and both index fingers. (Total of 8 scans) This way it works practically any way I hold it or even if its in my car mount.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I concur on the multiple scans. I personally have separate scans each in portrait and landscape for both thumbs and both index fingers. (Total of 8 scans) This way it works practically any way I hold it or even if its in my car mount.
Mine (AT&T) only has 4 fingerprint slots available....

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Happy with the Note5? Very! This is the best overall phone I've ever had and I've had a bunch and swung "both ways" if you know what I mean. I will say that I use the S pen a lot though so that is a huge factor in my choice. I'm not sure I can ever get away from the S pen I love it so much. I tried going back to iPhone with the 6 but I missed my S pen too much and I've really gotten used to having the choices Android based units give you. With the Note 4, I found I was using lots of mods like Nova and such but with the Note5, I keep trying things and then resetting back to stock TW. I really like TW on the Note5 and with the theme packs you can really just enjoy the phone as is. I think Samsung really got just about everything right on this phone. I know some don't like the missing IR, removable battery and storage but just isn't an issue to me so far (especially with the 64gb model).
Great phone!! Highly recommend!

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine (AT&T) only has 4 fingerprint slots available....
Yeah. Mine has four slots too. What I mean by 8 scans is, for instance left thumb. Scan several times till it got to 50% then flip finger the opposite direction. So 50% of the scans are thumb facing left and 50% the thumb is facing right. Was able to do this for both thumbs and both indexes. Four slots, 8 scans.

Kyle Hartman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Had it for a little over a month and love it. Typically make it the whole day without needing to charge. Came from the iPhone 6 and no big complaints. Like others I'm disappointed with the non removable battery and no SD storage. Maybe Samsung will realize their mistake and change it for their next wave of Galaxy phones......Probably not.

32GB Note 5 Verizon