Why does my Note 5 freeze then reset?

A

AC Question

First of all No root I didn't want to mess with knox bricking my phone. The problem started tonight when I wanted to buy Playstation plus from the Playstation app. For some reason the app hung my entire phone so I had to do a soft reset. After that it would boot up but before everything would load up it would freeze and then restart again. I tried to figure out what process was doing this by going into the running applications but I could only get there sometimes before it froze and the times I did get there I couldn't get any worth wile information.

Next thing I tried was a factory reset by holding the power and volume down button during boot and it sat there for about an hour stuck at installing system update. The animated android had stopped moving and the phone was basically melting the table it was on so I soft reset it again.

After that I booted into the android system recovery to try a factory reset from there so I wiped the cache partition and went to "wipe data/factory reset" the readout looks like this.

#MANUAL MODE#
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : VZW
Successfully applied multi-CSC

--Wiping data...
Formatting /data...
Formatting /cache...
-- Set Factory Reset done...
-- Copying media files...
-- preload checkin...
E:failed to mount /preload (No such file or directory)
Data wipe complete.

The phone freezes during the setup and then resets... I am at a loss of what to do next I can't really be without a phone for a long period of time as I need it for my job. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

mike_5619

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I just did that yesterday haha! After much searching online I didn't want to try flashing anything for fear of voiding the factory warranty. Verizon is shipping me a new one free of charge the only downside is 3-5 days shipping! Oh well that is the cost of free I suppose

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie