new update for T-Mobile note 5!!

quitob1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
To you brave sprint users who've installed it already - does the update seem stable without issues? I read some folks are now getting duplicate texts, so that makes me hesitant.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
To you brave sprint users who've installed it already - does the update seem stable without issues? I read some folks are now getting duplicate texts, so that makes me hesitant.

I'm on T-Mobile and I know you're looking for Sprint users but I found my battery drained much slower today.
I can make it through the day even as a power user but usually 20% ish around 6pm bit today I was literally @ 50% (same nav, emails, calls, texts...blah)
No issues with texting....BTW, I use Textra for SMS..MMS...

Posted via the Android Central App

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The update RADICALLY IMPROVES your battery life. I'm on my first charge after updating and the phone can take alot more heavy usage without draining the battery than before. It's amazing! And yeah I'm on the T-Mobile version as I'm a sales associate.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the issue. However anytime my phone does and update I always reboot into bootliader mode when I'm done and clear the cache.

PrimeOz

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
No one else noticed video calling with compatible devices now available

Last edited:

PrimeOz

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

After the update when I opened the stock phone app, there was a pop up explaining that you can now video chat (through the regular call app) so long as the other person has it too. Should've screen shotted it. T-mobile Note 5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
After the update when I opened the stock phone app, there was a pop up explaining that you can now video chat (through the regular call app) so long as the other person has it too. Should've screen shotted it. T-mobile Note 5

I got that TMO update 3 updates ago.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering if this update affects backing up your phone. I get an "unknown error" messages whenever I try backing up my phone via my Samsung account. I last did it September 1st just fine.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this update affects backing up your phone. I get an "unknown error" messages whenever I try backing up my phone via my Samsung account. I last did it September 1st just fine.

Mine just gave the same error.

I went to app manger scrolled to Samsung.

I cleared the cache on 3 things, one might have done. The tucks, not sure which.

I cleared the cache on:
Samsung Account
Samsung Cloud Relay
Samsung Push Service

Tey those and then try a manual backup.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And it worked and failed when I tried again, caches are still clear. It should work once. I'll call Samsung tomorrow and troubleshoot this and post here.

Last edited: