T-Mobile and International New App Optimization Update

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
A couple of us have been discussing this feature today and how it works and what it does. We all figured maybe it hibernated apps, similar in how Greenify works or in some ways Doze in Marshmallow works.

We were wrong.

I got someone at Samsung and asked about how this does work, so everyone can know if they want to optimize certain apps or not. I will post a couple of screenshots for optimizing and the choices.

The way this works is by being a power saving feature, per app. That might be fine for some apps, but you might not want it for all. There was a game he told me about, when optimized, makes it black and white instead of color. The game uses a lot of battery, so making it black and white is part of optimizing it. Now he also said it does not make all games black and white.

If you use this and then start having unwanted side effects with an app, then you can turn it off. Think of this as power saving on your phone, but it isn't your entire phone, you can pick the apps to power save.

You have 3 options and nothing is optimizing by default. You might want to go through your apps and check.

Open your battery and you will see it listed under your battery.

Attachments

• 1446485006075.jpg
    1446485006075.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 1446485095955.jpg
    1446485095955.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: The New App Optimization Update

Of course this feature is not available to everyone. It was removed by Verizon for the Note 5 and probably on other Samsung devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Of course this feature is not available to everyone. It was removed by Verizon for the Note 5 and probably on other Samsung devices.

Has Verizon gotten this update? This update just started a couple of weeks ago for international phones and TMO got it today. I think Sprint started rolling it out the other day.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

That explains it. So the question is, how long will it take Verizon to roll it out, and will they keep it in the updare.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Well you know how carriers are.. Some if them will remove the silliest things to remove. Verizon does but they sure don't have the corner on that market lol

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Definitely not there and my battery setting look nothing like yours. I really hate it when carriers play games with this kind of stuff. Guess we're to stupid to be able to figure it out and use it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Definitely not there and my battery setting look nothing like yours. I really hate it when carriers play games with this kind of stuff. Guess we're to stupid to be able to figure it out and use it.

Hmm.. I saw the Sprint change log for the update, it was the same. Can you post a picture of your battery page?

Back when I was with AT&T they took things off all the time for us.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Nope. Click on battery and what you see is what you get.

No smart manager that I know of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37