My Hot Keys: how can we get this Note 4 feature on our Note 5?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
This feature is super convenient on the Note 4, almost like speed dialing where we assign a phrase on a number key, when long pressed, the phrase automically appears. I use this feature daily for usernames and passwords. Is there an app that can mimic this feature to be used on the Note 5?

Attachments

• 1446515059141.jpg
    1446515059141.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 1446515072226.jpg
    1446515072226.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 67

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
In the Samsung keyboard settings scroll down to Text Shortcuts under Customization. It isn't exactly like the Note 4 but it provides the same function in a slightly different manner. This may work for you.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In the Samsung keyboard settings scroll down to Text Shortcuts under Customization. It isn't exactly like the Note 4 but it provides the same function in a slightly different manner. It may work for you.
Thanks for the suggestion, yup I tried that but it's not quite the same. It works as a predictive text; the Note 4's version is like speed dialing when the number keys are long pressed.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, yup I tried that but it's not quite the same. This works as a predictive text; the Note 4's version is like speed dialing when the number keys are long pressed.

Yes, I have the Note 4 also and understand. But in lieu of the hot keys it is a viable option though certainly not the same. But we all must embrace the chaos whether we wish to or not. ;)

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have the Note 4 also and understand. But in lieu of the hot keys it is a viable option though certainly not the same. But we all must embrace the chaos whether we wish to or not. ;)
Yes, I hear ya. :)

My intention of wanting to use the Note 4's version is mainly for quickly typing usernames and passwords. The Note 5's version unfortunately does not allow for passwords, so I would be thrilled if there's an app that can just do that. There gotta be an app, so far no luck...

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I hear ya. :)

My intention of wanting to use the Note 4's version is mainly for quickly typing usernames and passwords. The Note 5's version unfortunately does not allow for passwords, so I would be thrilled if there's an app that can just do that. There gotta be an app, so far no luck...

I am sure you realize that unless you have encrypted your phone all the information you save using Hot Keys and the Clipboard is saved as plain text. For passwords and the like the suggestion of using a password manager, as suggested by Cl3arCh0ice, which stores the information in encrypted form is far safer.

Anjanette Fantucci

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I feel your pain. In fact, they took so many cool things off from the note 4 to the note 5, it's beyond me why. My solution was to upgrade back to the note 4. I'm so happy to have it back it's such a much better phone. I wonder if they're going to add that stuff back on the Note 6

DSHUDSON

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. In fact, they took so many cool things off from the note 4 to the note 5, it's beyond me why. My solution was to upgrade back to the note 4. I'm so happy to have it back it's such a much better phone. I wonder if they're going to add that stuff back on the Note 6

As we just found out with the release of the note 7, this awesome featured still missing, shame on Samsung and Android

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

I considering returning to the Note 4 from the 5 as well. Or I might opt for the Note 7. Quite a quandary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol