Note 5 or iphone 6s plus ( current Note 4 user )

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been an android user for a long time.
Latest phone is the NOte 4 and I have liked it since I got it for half price last year arounfd the holidays . But lately it has been slow orlocks up a lot..since the 5 update it seems..I tried resetting the whole thing but it just keeps doing it.
I have an upgrade and I was looking at the Note 5 and the IPhone 6 Plus.
Note 5 doesnt look like much of an upgrade over the 4.
Anyone have any experience with both phones? I was thinking of trying the Edge 6+ or the IPhone 6s Plus and then going back tot he Note 6 next year at this time.
Hate spending 399 on a 64gb IPhone though when I know I will prop get a real good deal arounf black Friday on a Note 5 or Edge 6+
Suggestions....
Thank you!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Dude, those are all great phones. I have a Note 5 and absolutely love it. I know others who love their iPhone 6 and 6+. You just gotta try em out and see which one you like best.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 was acting very similar to yours towards the end. Upgraded to a Note 5 last week. Very happy with the change. I've never been a fan of iOS, so my choice was pretty easy.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Since youre coming from Note 4, iPhone will bore you. Do you use S Pen a lot? How is that important to you? S6 Edge is very nice, attractive and very fragile to hold. Note 5 is a worth of an upgrade from Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you actually use the S pen and/or mult-iwindow then the Note 5 is the only choice. If you don't use the S pen, or multi-window, don't want the best screen available or the best camera available then any large screen phone will serve you well. And, of course, there is Samsung Pay which works on practically any card reader terminal.

kminatta

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
i have an iPhone 6+ for work and had a Note 4 for personal. wasn't happy with the slowness and lag in the Note 4. i tended to use my 6+ more regularly than the Note 4 even though i am not a fan of iOS. traded in the Note 4 for a Note 5, and i am back to rocking the Note 5 as the daily driver. no issues with slowness or lag AT ALL. this is the first phone that i have ever had that has absolutely ZERO lag. multi-tasking window is like a Rolodex. it spins so quickly with 20+ apps open at once. truly an awesome phone. my wife got the S6 Edge+, and it performs the same (since it is the exact same phone, spec-wise).

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Note 5 all the way. Just make sure you get the 64GB version if you need more memory. Going to an iPhone is like going back 3 years of smartphone advancement.

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
"Dude, those are all great phones. I have a Note 5 and absolutely love it. I know others who love their iPhone 6 and 6+. You just gotta try em out and see which one you like best."

..............Thanks! I am going to go to Best buy and hold both and see. The N5 from what I can tell isnt a huge upgrade over the N4...from what I can tell. THX!

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My Note 4 was acting very similar to yours towards the end. Upgraded to a Note 5 last week. Very happy with the change. I've never been a fan of iOS, so my choice was pretty easy.

I had 1 iPhone. the 4. I liked it but it was too small. My wife has the 5c...It just seems to 'work' all the time..

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Since youre coming from Note 4, iPhone will bore you. Do you use S Pen a lot? How is that important to you? S6 Edge is very nice, attractive and very fragile to hold. Note 5 is a worth of an upgrade from Note 4.

I very rarely touch the SPen. I always wanted the Note because of it size and I like Sammy and Android OS. The N4 has just been pissing me off lately. THX!

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If you actually use the S pen and/or mult-iwindow then the Note 5 is the only choice. If you don't use the S pen, or multi-window, don't want the best screen available or the best camera available then any large screen phone will serve you well. And, of course, there is Samsung Pay which works on practically any card reader terminal.

I know the N5 has more mexapixels than the IP6s+ but I thought the IPhone camera was always better?
As far as the screen goes..The N5 looks to have a great screen but arent the IPhone screens always beautiful? I guess I really have to get down to the store and try it. THX!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
"which camera is better" has always been debated with these devices. My Note 4 had a much better camera than my wife's iPhone. My Note was always our go to device if we didn't have the camera with us.

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
i have an iPhone 6+ for work and had a Note 4 for personal. wasn't happy with the slowness and lag in the Note 4. i tended to use my 6+ more regularly than the Note 4 even though i am not a fan of iOS. traded in the Note 4 for a Note 5, and i am back to rocking the Note 5 as the daily driver. no issues with slowness or lag AT ALL. this is the first phone that i have ever had that has absolutely ZERO lag. multi-tasking window is like a Rolodex. it spins so quickly with 20+ apps open at once. truly an awesome phone. my wife got the S6 Edge+, and it performs the same (since it is the exact same phone, spec-wise).

Thank you! The one thing ill say..When I first got my N4 it was FAST...It took a few months and an upgrade to 5 for it to start slowing down and getting buggy ( Force closing all the time )...Even after a factory reset.
If you had to choose the N5 or the Edge 6+ which would it be? THX!

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Note 5 all the way. Just make sure you get the 64GB version if you need more memory. Going to an iPhone is like going back 3 years of smartphone advancement.

THX for the tip..Yeah I guess no removeable memory forces people to go to the higher versions..Smart move by them..sucks for us.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Since this is an Android forum you have to expect that you'll get more people recommending the Note 5. Much like if you posted this same question over on iMore, most people there would recommend the iPhone. As someone who has used both, my recommendation would be to get an iPhone and try it for up to 14 days (assuming you are in the US). Most carriers here will give you a 14-day return period on cell phones. You may have to pay a restocking fee though. My carrier charges a $35 restocking fee. I've also returned a phone where they didn't charge me the fee so I would ask your carrier their policy. If they charge a restocking fee, and you're willing to potentially pay it, I say try the iPhone to see if you can live with iOS. You already know what the Touchwiz/Android experience is like. See if you think you could be happy with life on the other side.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't discount to the iPhone because it has "inferior" specs. The hardware and software is synchronized and optimized so well together that performance difference is negligible. I came from an iPhone 6 and still have it. Everytime I pick it up and use it, I am reminded of how well everything works together.

The only reason I switched to Note 5 is because I've had 4 generations of iPhone so I wanted to try something different, and the S Pen since I like to write.

Yea, the screen on the Note 5 is technically better since it's QHD, but the colors aren't as accurate. The iPhone has more realistic colors.

Both phones just keep trading punches and it comes down to preference

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know the N5 has more mexapixels than the IP6s+ but I thought the IPhone camera was always better?
As far as the screen goes..The N5 looks to have a great screen but arent the IPhone screens always beautiful? I guess I really have to get down to the store and try it. THX!

The Note 5 camera is better than the iPhone camera. It is no longer true that the iPhone camera is better.