Note 5 or iphone 6s plus ( current Note 4 user )

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the 6s plus and I have the Note 5. The 6s plus is faster and has a better user experience in my opinion. The Note 5 has a better camera and true multi tasking. Beware, I'm on my second Note 5 as my other Note 5 had screen freezing issues and now this "new" Note 5 has the same freezing issue. The only things keeping me from getting an iPhone is wireless charging, fast charging, and the S Pen. Battery life is better on my wife's iPhone, but her battery takes much longer to charge than mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the 6s plus and I have the Note 5. The 6s plus is faster and has a better user experience in my opinion. The Note 5 has a better camera and true multi tasking. Beware, I'm on my second Note 5 as my other Note 5 had screen freezing issues and now this "new" Note 5 has the same freezing issue. The only things keeping me from getting an iPhone is wireless charging, fast charging, and the S Pen. Battery life is better on my wife's iPhone, but her battery takes much longer to charge than mine.

I tell you..I forgot all about the fast charging...One of the best features..Forget multi task and the SPen..Fast Charging is great. How long would say it takes to fully charge the 6s+? THX

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
6S Plus takes a while to charge. If using the 5W wall charger it feels like it takes hours. I use my older iPad 2 wall charger. Much quicker. Still not as fast as the rapid charging of the Note

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I tell you..I forgot all about the fast charging...One of the best features..Forget multi task and the SPen..Fast Charging is great. How long would say it takes to fully charge the 6s+? THX

The 6s+ takes about 3 and a half hours to charge from 0 to 100% a little quicker if you charge using the iPad charger if you have one

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My Note 5 using the included stock fast charger takes about 1 hour 20 minutes to fully charge a severely depleted battery (5%)

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Note 5. I use both. (i work at apple) Note 5 is better unless you just prefer iOS to Android.
Neither are a bad choice. ip6s+ is a great phone, I prefer the note 5 for my daily driver simply because I like the freedom and a back button.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 6 plus has much better battery life compared to android phones. You cant beat iphone 6 plus for battery life.

Not so sure about that.. In fact people that have owned both are reporting differently.

This is my battery of my Note 5 from yesterday.

Attachments

• 1446635682409.jpg
    1446635682409.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 1446635700319.jpg
    1446635700319.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 34

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Not so sure about that.. In fact people that have owned both are reporting differently.

This is my battery of my Note 5 from yesterday.
I can see your stats and that is really impressive. I have nothing against android devices. However what the iphone 6 plus achieves overall is much better. SOT changes all the time. It is more important how you achieve those hours. Iphone 6 plus has better endurance which is overall better. Involves gaming, calls, mesaaging, internet browsing, youtube and apps. Having all this happening and achieving good SOT is better than getting 10 hours of SOT doing simple tasks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can see your stats and that is really impressive. I have nothing against android devices. However what the iphone 6 plus achieves overall is much better. SOT changes all the time. It is more important how you achieve those hours. Iphone 6 plus has better endurance which is overall better. Involves gaming, calls, mesaaging, internet browsing, youtube and apps. Having all this happening and achieving good SOT is better than getting 10 hours of SOT doing simple tasks.

Yeah, I can do all that same stuff too.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Note 5 before. Definitely the battery on my 6S Plus is better. I'm up early around 5am. If my battery is 100% I get all the way to 10pm before it's almost dead. The Note 5 I'd be lucky to get to 5pm. Same daily routines. Granted the Note has more going on in the background for sure. I averaged about 5.5-6 hrs SOT with the Note 5.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I charge before bed, it idles overnight. I charge once a day and I don't run my battery down past 30%. We don't have landlines in our house, we only have our phones, there is no airplane mode, turning data off, etc. I also tether my computer, a lot, to stream.

My phone also constantly outcasts my sister's. A moderator posted his experience with the iPhone vs his Note 5, I believe he linked it.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
"Dude, those are all great phones. I have a Note 5 and absolutely love it. I know others who love their iPhone 6 and 6+. You just gotta try em out and see which one you like best."

..............Thanks! I am going to go to Best buy and hold both and see. The N5 from what I can tell isnt a huge upgrade over the N4...from what I can tell. THX!

Actually it is quite an upgrade. It is a lot smoother with an extra Gig of RAM, the quick launch camera is amazing, the fingerprint scanner is as good as iphone now, ZERO lag whatsoever, themes to change icons and overall look, etc..... The list goes on. There is nothing even close to this device.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Actually it is quite an upgrade. It is a lot smoother with an extra Gig of RAM, the quick launch camera is amazing, the fingerprint scanner is as good as iphone now, ZERO lag whatsoever, themes to change icons and overall look, etc..... The list goes on. There is nothing even close to this device.
Fingerprint scanner is great but not even close to the one found in the iphone 6 ( not to mention 6s )
Ive owned the 6 and now I have note5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Sprint made a huge mistake by disabling the app optimization with the update the other day, TMO left it in their update. I'm interested in seeing what Verizon and AT&T do with that feature.

AT&T used to always remove features in updates with phones and being back on TMO, I'm finding they aren't removing features that are released like AT&T and other companies do.

The iPhone used to always have a better camera, not true with the Note 5 and like you said, the Note 5 is a much bigger upgrade. People talk about new features as the only way to judge upgrade or not, but that isn't true. Better display, better speed, better battery than the Note 4 and much more comfortable to use. I have to use my phone all day for work and after a day with the Note 4 my hands would ache.

I didn't think the Note 5 would be much of an upgrade before I bought it, after getting settled in and using it, I discovered it was very much an upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21