Do i really get a free one for registering my card on Samsung pay? Is it safe? How does that all work

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2015 02:17 PM
    You do, just check the cut-off dates! You might be a little late to the promo unless you're on Verizon.

It's just that. Setting up Samsung Pay, setting up a card, follow the steps on their page, done. If you order from Samsung they were backordered for a bit, but they seem to have fixed that as mine is (finally) getting here today. If you don't 'trust' Samsung Pay, you can delete your card information right after you get your free wireless charger confirmation (you should be able to do that before, but I'd wait until the e-mail is received just in case).
    11-03-2015 02:19 PM
    Yes it's a real promotion. Mine is in route and should arrive today.

Yes Samsung Pay is secure and actually the most secure way of paying as compare to even physically swiping your card.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    11-03-2015 02:31 PM
    Mine has arrived and I love it,, pretty cool. Have not had this tech on a phone since my palm pre
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-03-2015 04:35 PM
    I still don't think of Wireless Charging as a very big factor in my purchase decisions since chargers are still very expensive for my taste. But if it's free, then bring it! Haha. Now I'll have a spare charger for the office. (FedEx notification came through, should be waiting for me at my doorstep tonight).
    11-03-2015 05:57 PM
    Thanks guys. Did it! How long does it take usually after confirmation?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2015 06:14 PM
    Took over a month for me
    11-03-2015 06:36 PM
    Took over a month for me
    From what I've read, many in on the initial promotion were told the chargers were on back order, but once they started shipping they came quickly.

This is now the second promotion and perhaps it will go smoother.
    11-03-2015 10:48 PM
    Well, I just received mine... and then I received mine again. oO It seems Sammy screwed up and sent me two chargers instead of one. Too bad they're both white and my phone is black. But hey, TWO FREE CHARGERS! Can't complain
    11-04-2015 11:12 AM
    Well, I just received mine... and then I received mine again. oO It seems Sammy screwed up and sent me two chargers instead of one. Too bad they're both white and my phone is black. But hey, TWO FREE CHARGERS! Can't complain
    I have read of that happening to a lot of ppl! That's awesome. I just wish my bank or cards were supported by Samsung pay.
    11-04-2015 11:46 AM
    If you want to take advantage of the promo, just get a friend or family member to lend you their cards for a minute, set it up, get the code, and then delete the card. (Of course this must be a VERY trusted friend or family member hehe).

More banks are set to come on board by the end of the year and early 2016, so hopefully most people will be 'covered'. Since I got Samsung Pay set up, I haven't taken my wallet out for anything other than gas pumps and loyalty cards (which are also coming to Samsung Pay soon!).
    11-04-2015 12:45 PM
    I have read of that happening to a lot of ppl! That's awesome. I just wish my bank or cards were supported by Samsung pay.
    If that's happening to a lot of people, then I totally understand why they're running out of stock haha
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    11-04-2015 12:46 PM
    I received 2 black ones last week.
    11-04-2015 01:17 PM
    I received 2 black ones last week.
    Lucky! Wish I had gotten the black ones. At least one haha One white, one black. That would be cool.
    11-04-2015 03:08 PM
    Lucky! Wish I had gotten the black ones. At least one haha One white, one black. That would be cool.
    Hey Spook, don't worry, just send one to me, I don't care that is white.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-04-2015 04:00 PM
    Haha The 'spare' one it's already been cleverly (but painstakingly) installed under the base of my monitor at work. It's hollow underneath, and with the right amount of sanding down, the flat surface is thin enough to allow charging

Took me a few attempts though haha but now people think my monitor can charge phones. Magic!
    11-04-2015 04:07 PM