Google Now

HSIV23

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
my google now has stopped working for a couple weeks now it worked great when I 1st got the phone now it doesn't respond at all I have also tried deleting my voice and retraining it still doesn't work

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
my google now has stopped working for a couple weeks now it worked great when I 1st got the phone now it doesn't respond at all I have also tried deleting my voice and retraining it still doesn't work

It's not our phones.. same issue on my wife's Note 5, my S6 Edge+, my daughter's S5, my friends HTC... it's the Google app itself with the issue. It seems after the app gets killed in the background, it stops "always listening". If you go into the app, say "OK Google" then exit the app, and within a few minutes try again - it works. But after a while when the system kills the background process it stops listening.

I'm going to try exluding the app from the optimization in settings and see if that helps.. but I believe it is Google who needs to fix it.

HSIV23

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not our phones.. same issue on my wife's Note 5, my S6 Edge+, my daughter's S5, my friends HTC... it's the Google app itself with the issue. It seems after the app gets killed in the background, it stops "always listening". If you go into the app, say "OK Google" then exit the app, and within a few minutes try again - it works. But after a while when the system kills the background process it stops listening.

I'm going to try exluding the app from the optimization in settings and see if that helps.. but I believe it is Google who needs to fix it.

yeah when i go into the app it works fine but soon as its not running in the background it doesn't respond

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac