11-18-2015 07:15 AM
40 12
tools
    Idk...I just pull down the notification shade and tap..."do not disturb "...
    Pretty easy... Am I missing something??

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-08-2015 08:25 PM
    I think a few of you are being a little hard on the OP. I can see that happening. I totally did not know that the media volume didn't lower along with the others.
    What exactly can make the media go off? Would it have to be an app that I opened and used right then? I would totally shrivel up and die if my phone went off in church or something like that! I always just turn down my volume all the way and figured that was enough.
    11-09-2015 11:00 AM
    Do No Disturb does not silence media. I suppose the assumption is that if you are choosing to open media, you are choosing to hear it. Do Not Disturb prevents the phone from making noise without your immediate participation.
    11-09-2015 11:34 AM
    I know what you mean. i think this happened after the this new OS that came out last year.
    11-09-2015 12:42 PM
    And for those of you guys having problems. You are aware you can simply press your volume button, click the gear icon on the volume popup(settings), and then it will bring up your ringer, media, notifications, and system volume sliders. Pretty fast and easy to change your volume levels.
    Thanks, that I did not know, easy, peasy now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 12:43 PM
    Volume ace,, great app. Can silence all with one touch
    2ndHalfCor likes this.
    11-09-2015 06:08 PM
    ...you can simply press your volume button, click the gear icon on the volume popup(settings), and then it will bring up your ringer, media, notifications, and system volume sliders. Pretty fast and easy to change your volume levels.
    But not nearly as fast and easy as simply flipping a physical switch on the side of the phone (like on the iPhone).
    11-10-2015 05:39 AM
    Would be nice to have an option in sound settings to toggle. Or ohhhh maybe clicking the volumr button down can control media while long press controls the ringer.. (HEAR THAT GOOGLE) the people speak! Lol
    11-15-2015 06:15 AM
    I use Tasker. On Mondays and Tuesdays when I'm in the office, my phone is automatically silenced at 8 am. Tasker turns the sounds back on at 16:15.
    I wish Tasker had a "for dummies" version. Too complicated for.me.
    11-15-2015 12:11 PM
    I wish Tasker had a "for dummies" version. Too complicated for.me.
    Yes, it can be complicated. I just played with it til I figured it out.
    You can google Tasker profiles to see some things people are doing.

You can also look into the my profiles app.
    11-15-2015 12:15 PM
    I have yet to be burned by my Note 5, but I sorely miss the hardware silence button on my old Palm Treos.

Now it's take you phone out, unlock it, hold a volume key, tap on Settings, silence all sounds. Slow and painful.
    11-16-2015 01:10 AM
    I have yet to be burned by my Note 5, but I sorely miss the hardware silence button on my old Palm Treos.

Now it's take you phone out, unlock it, hold a volume key, tap on Settings, silence all sounds. Slow and painful.
    Volume Ace, as previously mentioned, is a great app. You can set up sound profiles with one-touch toggles, or set it up to open the app where you can select the desired profile if you prefer.

I have Home, Work, Mute, and Loud profiles set up on mine.
    11-16-2015 10:07 AM
    Volume Ace, as previously mentioned, is a great app. You can set up sound profiles with one-touch toggles, or set it up to open the app where you can select the desired profile if you prefer.

I have Home, Work, Mute, and Loud profiles set up on mine.
    Sounds good. Any popups?
    11-16-2015 10:59 AM
    Nope.
    recDNA likes this.
    11-16-2015 03:29 PM
    Volume ace,, great app. Can silence all with one touch
    This is the best response. I created a profile called "Tomb" as in "silent as a" that silences everything except call volume. Perfect, easy to select quickly. Thanks.
    11-18-2015 07:15 AM
40 12