Does storage equal speed?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't sure how to title this but here is my question.

The more apps, etc you have on your device, does that in turn slow down performance?

For instance, if you have 40 gb of space left on yours and I just have 10 on mine, will my phone perform faster/better?

Make sense?

Posted via the Android Central App

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I think you confuse a storage memory verses processor memory. The processor has 4gb and depending on how many apps are running in the background your speed may vary based on that.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If, however, you have 40 gigs of apps all running at the same time, then yes, your phone will be slower. But 40 gigs of pictures won't bog down the phone in the least.

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
It shouldn't. But something I've noticed is that if you are nearing your full capacity (say 31gb of 32 gb full) they tend to get slow. I've experienced this with both androids and iPhones But like s3 and iPhone 5 time. Haven't maxed out my memory after that. So don't really know

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
It shouldn't. But something I've noticed is that if you are nearing your full capacity (say 31gb of 32 gb full) they tend to get slow. I've experienced this with both androids and iPhones But like s3 and iPhone 5 time. Haven't maxed out my memory after that. So don't really know

Thanks all. Just downloading the office apps and seems like each one is at least 60mb or more.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think you confuse a storage memory verses processor memory. The processor has 4gb and depending on how many apps are running in the background your speed may vary based on that.

I agree with your first sentence but I believe you have it backwards in your second sentence. In Linux based systems such as Android, my understanding is that the more of the processor memory being used makes the system run more efficiently not less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781