Why does my phone hang up on people while talking?

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
phone hangs up on people while talking.

Ok first off I love the note phones. It is hard for me to go to any other phone because I would miss the spen. I use the spen all the time.
Problem is I keep hitting the screen and hanging up on poeple. Went into my carrier several times now for help. It does this with smart stay on and off. I have my head straigt up not touching the screen with my fingers at all. I move my head ever so slightly and boom the phone hangs up. Also sometimes it will call other people while I'm on the phone talking to someone. None of my other note phones ever did this to me. Anyone else experience this. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I can't have this keep going on. It does this during very important phone calls which is making people mad.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: phone hangs up on people while talking.

When you're on a call and the phone is up against your ear, does the screen turn off? It's supposed to, so that this very thing doesn't happen.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes it is up against my ear and the screen does turn off. I even hold it at a slight angle away from my face. Although if

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree, a headset would be helpful. But I'm not sure why your phone is behaving that way. If the screen is off, you shouldn't be able to press anything on the screen that would hang up the call. Do you notice if it flashes on briefly when the phone is up against your ear, or is it definitely staying off?

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes it flashes. However most times it does not. I did call my carrier about it and they had me do several things including a factory reset. I'm supposed to call back in three days if it is still doing this. I did the factory reset and I'm still having the issue. He thinks the sesors(I think that is what he called it) is broken. When we did some of the tests my phone would not do what he said it should do. So they will be sending me a new one. Maybe I just got a lemon. Because the one I had before this one(which I accidentally broke. Bad me. First and hopefully last time I have a accident with my phone) did not have this issue. It ran great for me. But thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I agree, a headset would be helpful. But I'm not sure why your phone is behaving that way. If the screen is off, you shouldn't be able to press anything on the screen that would hang up the call. Do you notice if it flashes on briefly when the phone is up against your ear, or is it definitely staying off?

Sometimes it flashes. However most times it does not. I did call my carrier about it and they had me do several things including a factory reset. I'm supposed to call back in three days if it is still doing this. I did the factory reset and I'm still having the issue. He thinks the sesors(I think that is what he called it) is broken. When we did some of the tests my phone would not do what he said it should do. So they will be sending me a new one. Maybe I just got a lemon. Because the one I had before this one(which I accidentally broke. Bad me. First and hopefully last time I have a accident with my phone) did not have this issue. It ran great for me. But thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

Oops I forgot to quote you so you know I replied to you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad your carrier is helping you! Yeah, it sounds like the proximity sensor is faulty, which is what detects when the phone is up against your ear.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Glad your carrier is helping you! Yeah, it sounds like the proximity sensor is faulty, which is what detects when the phone is up against your ear.
Yeah, that's what it sounds like

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz