11-15-2015 01:28 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    There are several good options. And sometimes you may have to use several options. But there are ways.
    Any suggestions on apps? I've yet to find one I like yet.
    11-14-2015 04:02 PM
    Any suggestions on apps? I've yet to find one I like yet.
    Depends on how you want to send the videos. If you are OK with sending links, then you can use Google photos or upload them to YouTube and send them that way. Or you can use Facebook messenger.
    Laura Knotek and zeuswsu like this.
    11-14-2015 04:07 PM
    Depends on how you want to send the videos. If you are OK with sending links, then you can use Google photos or upload them to YouTube and send them that way. Or you can use Facebook messenger.
    Ouch. Seems SO much easier to send them via iMessage.
    11-14-2015 04:09 PM
    It is.
    11-14-2015 04:09 PM

It is indeed. In hindsight I resent Apple for spoiling us this way. LOL

Here's to hoping the carriers speed up their RCS (Advanced Messaging) deployments and this will almost certainly become a non-issue. Kudos to T-Mobile for leading the way. Hopefully Google's acquisition of Jibe Mobile will add some fuel to the fire as well.
    11-14-2015 04:14 PM
    I think it's more of an issue for those who send a lot of videos to others with iPhones. For me, I don't send a lot of videos and sending a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube is a better option for me anyway. I probably send a video a month and receive about the same.
    11-14-2015 05:10 PM
    Man, I'm gonna miss iMessage.
    11-14-2015 05:20 PM
    Man, I'm gonna miss iMessage.
    You could always go back.
    11-14-2015 05:21 PM
    You could always go back.
    I haven't left yet.
    11-14-2015 06:05 PM
    I haven't left yet.
    then what's the issue?
    11-14-2015 08:10 PM
    then what's the issue?
    I'm waiting till closer to the holidays, then getting a Note 5.
    11-14-2015 08:13 PM
    Gotcha.
    11-14-2015 08:15 PM
    Yeah I missed iMessage today. Was at my 4 year old sons hockey and now only after 5 practises he is now able to skate without using a bucket that helped guide him. Took the video and sent it to my wife. "What in the world is that video. I can't see a thing". Waited till I got home and it synced to her iPhone in Google Photos. Then she saw it nice and clear.

I never send videos with friends. It's only my wife really. A handful times a month. I am happy though that I am able to put Google Photos on her iPhone though to synced with my account. Synced over 16,000 photos the last 2 days lol.
    11-14-2015 09:47 PM
    Since you are already talking about it without even moving to Android yet def use the 15 day remorse period. Some people can't be without it and some iPhone users don't care.

My brother in law that had a couple iPhones dating back to the iPhone 4 and just had the 5S the last 2 years. He made the switch to Android and got a Galaxy S6 3 weeks ago and loves the thing. I asked him if he missed iMessage and he said. "I couldn't care less about that stuff". "I have a phone that can do so much more ". I'm not paying $400-$500 for an Apple phone on contract. Got his S6 for $99. All depends on what you want.

I for one thought losing iMessage was going to be a massive deal to me. I had my days no doubt. I don't care about it now though because I look at my Note 5 and say "Wow".
    11-14-2015 10:11 PM
    Since you are already talking about it without even moving to Android yet def use the 15 day remorse period. Some people can't be without it and some iPhone users don't care.

My brother in law that had a couple iPhones dating back to the iPhone 4 and just had the 5S the last 2 years. He made the switch to Android and got a Galaxy S6 3 weeks ago and loves the thing. I asked him if he missed iMessage and he said. "I couldn't care less about that stuff". "I have a phone that can do so much more ". I'm not paying $400-$500 for an Apple phone on contract. Got his S6 for $99. All depends on what you want.

I for one thought losing iMessage was going to be a massive deal to me. I had my days no doubt. I don't care about it now though because I look at my Note 5 and say "Wow".
    When I had the iPhone I used to miss the S-pen and the AMOLED screen.
    11-14-2015 10:16 PM
    When I had the iPhone I used to miss the S-pen and the AMOLED screen.
    The screen is def a game changer for me. Having the Note 5 then the 6S Plus you could def see a difference. Coming back to the Note I was amazed how good the screen is. 6S Plus was nice but just too bland and just can't compare to the Note.
    11-14-2015 10:20 PM
    The screen is def a game changer for me. Having the Note 5 then the 6S Plus you could def see a difference. Coming back to the Note I was amazed how good the screen is. 6S Plus was nice but just too bland and just can't compare to the Note.
    Yeah. The Super AMOLED is really amazing and it gets so bright in sunlight. I love it.
    11-14-2015 10:23 PM
    Yeah. The Super AMOLED is really amazing and it gets so bright in sunlight. I love it.
    To help others....it ONLY gets super bright in sunlight when auto brightness is on. If not on the display actually dims automatically when in direct sunlight.
    11-15-2015 01:17 PM
    To help others....it ONLY gets super bright in sunlight when auto brightness is on. If not on the display actually dims automatically when in direct sunlight.
    I don't have mine set to auto brightness but when I turn the brightness way up and put it in the sun, it actually gets a little brighter than what I set it to.
    11-15-2015 01:28 PM
94 ... 234