video quality on mms

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I stand corrected. I recalled that incorrectly. Apple is the leading smartphone OEM, but iOS is not the leading smartphone platform in the US. Looks like Android is tops worldwide. Still a significant number of folks in the US using iOS though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There is one iOS phone manufacturer and a couple of phones, there are numerous Android phone manufacturers, making numerous phones. Also corporate use isn't just iPhone anymore.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So, my girlfriend said that the video I sent her using the simple sharing didn't quite work, but the link from the Google Photos app worked just fine.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So, my girlfriend said that the video I sent her using the simple sharing didn't quite work, but the link from the Google Photos app worked just fine.

Weird, my tests with my other 3 phones at home worked just fine. It just tells the other person that you sent a file and it has a link, that's it, he/she clicks the link and it asks you for the last 4 digits of the recipients number, in other words, their last 4 digits, once you do that it will brings you the picture or whatever it is and an option to download it.

What exactly was the error or problem with your GF?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
She said she couldn't play it. I tried clicking on the link and putting her last 4 digits in and it wouldn't let me play it either. But I could download it.

DBKILLN

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
iMessage is one benefit to having an iPhone for sure but the other person has to have iPhone as well of course, all my friends and family dont use text, we all use a messaging service(Whatsapp or Telegram(my fav), then it doesn't matter which phone &/or service you have, they both do downgrade video slightly but not nearly as much as MMS, if all else fails use google photos sharing as someone earlier stated and see the image in original quality.

BTW if google did come out with a iMessage like service still wouldn't solve the problem because then it would be android to android, and technically speaking they have this feature, it's called Hangouts, and its cross platform as well.

calyth

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
That's a limitation with MMS, and there's nothing that any cell phone manufacturer can do about that, aside from *not* using MMS to send videos. There are many many options out there. Whatsapp can send videos. The hearing-impaired community seems to prefer Glide. Why continue using something that the standards just can't change?

skribbles505

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is a huge win for Apple. How can they come out with imessage and Samsung just sit back and not do anything. Google needs to develop something as well smh

Posted via the Android Central App

Actually Apple fails here too. If you check the files you'll see they degrade from the originals also, they just seem to look better playing back on the phone. So, its something to do with the compression algorithm used which should be simple enough for Samsung to do better as well. The Iphone vids still look like crap if you watch them on anything bigger and some I get from iPhone users look like crap on the phone but it tends to be longer videos, again pointing to compression.

On a related not the real fix here is 5g LTE service which will support transferring higher definition video regardless of the manufacturer so the solution is coming. If you really bugged remind yourself how bad it was back in the early days of camera phones and you can see we've come really far really fast!

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I am just going to deal with the issue of not being able to send videos on the Note 5 as easily as the iPhone via iMessage. The Note 5 is SO MUCH NICER in every other way that I have come to accept that one shortcoming. I despise the iPhone so much that I just donated it yesterday. And mind you all.....I have 14 Macs in my office.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
right.....I call total BS on anyone that says they don't have a single contact in their phone that is an iPhone user. How many contacts do you have...1?
https://www.comscore.com/Insights/M...-2015-U.S.-Smartphone-Subscriber-Market-Share
148 to be precise. But no. No one I know has an iPhone. 64 for are landlines, 6 are windows mobile devices, 1 actually uses a blackberry and the rest are androids. (Majority of the androids are in fact samsung)

P.S. some of the land lines do in fact have iphones, like some of my bosses, but I only call to them on their office landline.

iruntrains

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I know a lot of people don't like Facebook messenger but when my son was playing baseball and I had to work my wife would send me his whole turn at bat with what I thought was decent quality through the Facebook messenger app...

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of people don't like Facebook messenger but when my son was playing baseball and I had to work my wife would send me his whole turn at bat with what I thought was decent quality through the Facebook messenger app...
There are several good options. And sometimes you may have to use several options. But there are ways.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
This is something I'll soon have to deal with since my wife and I often share video clips from iPhone to iPhone via iMessage and I'm about to switch from iPhone to Note 5. This iMessage problem is the only thing that I think will be a real problem (for me).

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
This is something I'll soon have to deal with since my wife and I often share video clips from iPhone to iPhone via iMessage and I'm about to switch from iPhone to Note 5. This iMessage problem is the only thing that I think will be a real problem (for me).
After a while you will get used to it.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. Seems SO much easier to send them via iMessage.

It is indeed. In hindsight I resent Apple for spoiling us this way. LOL

Here's to hoping the carriers speed up their RCS (Advanced Messaging) deployments and this will almost certainly become a non-issue. Kudos to T-Mobile for leading the way. Hopefully Google's acquisition of Jibe Mobile will add some fuel to the fire as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21