Anyone experience "jump line" issues while typing on note 5 ?

What I meant is, when we were typing (email, forum, or anything long), sometimes the cursor just jump to another line below sometime above while we're typing and it's annoying

Anyone has this issue as well and any fixes ?

Thx
    DamienP likes this.
    11-08-2015 01:17 AM
    No I've never had that issue, but I use SwiftKey and not the Samsung keyboard.
    11-08-2015 01:38 AM
    I'm using samsung's since i don't like to swipe. Wonder if anyone experience this, especially at email ...
    11-08-2015 03:40 AM
    Anyone experience "jump line" issues while typing on note 5 ?

What I meant is, when we were typing (email, forum, or anything long), sometimes the cursor just jump to another line below sometime above while we're typing and it's annoying

Anyone has this issue as well and any fixes ?

Thx
    Yes, constantly doing that and some other things.
    Typing gets jammed up, like it freezes kind of.
    Skips to next line as if I hit enter while in the middle of typing, cuts in the middle of other words, weird stuff like that.
    I get freezes in different screens to, and auto brightness among other settings kick in when disabled, all by their selves.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-08-2015 03:48 AM
    Skips to next line as if I hit enter while in the middle of typing, cuts in the middle of other words, weird stuff like that.
    I get freezes in different screens to, and auto brightness among other settings kick in when disabled, all by their selves.

From everything you have said on various posts, you have a problem with your phone or an app.
    11-08-2015 03:50 AM

I dunno about other stuff, but the "jump line and cut in the middle of other words" thing is exactly what I experience ....
    11-08-2015 03:57 AM
    I have never had those problems with Swiftkey, Swiftkey Neural, Samsung keyboard, or half a dozen others. Your problems sound like keyboard setup not set to your way of keyboarding or "lazy fingers/thumbs" on the part of the operator.
    And as my young friends tell me, there is no such thing as "typing" anymore because there are no "typewriters" anymore.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-08-2015 05:59 PM
    Not experienced that problem with the Samsung keyboard. Trying SwiftKey may be a good idea to see if the problem persists.
    11-09-2015 06:16 AM
    I have had the line jumping happen MANY times when writing an email. I use Swiftkey 99.5% of the time. The other 5% is trying SK Neural. My cursor will jump to the very bottom of the email, by the signature. I can never figure out what I am doing to cause this.
    11-09-2015 07:12 AM
    I have had the line jumping happen MANY times when writing an email. I use Swiftkey 99.5% of the time. The other 5% is trying SK Neural. My cursor will jump to the very bottom of the email, by the signature. I can never figure out what I am doing to cause this.
    It very well could be the way you hold the phone and how you activate the keys while typing. Do you use the S pen, one finger, one thumb, both thumbs together, palm the phone on the sides of the phone, etc?. With the extremely narrow bezel on the Note 5 it is easy to activate the sides of the keyboard for example.
    11-09-2015 12:42 PM
    I use two thumbs. 6 fingers are behind case and two pinkies on bottom to support. So, only two thumbs are anywhere near the screen.
    11-09-2015 01:00 PM
    no issues here and I use Samsung keyboard.
    Works just fine.
    11-09-2015 01:24 PM
    It very well could be the way you hold the phone and how you activate the keys while typing. Do you use the S pen, one finger, one thumb, both thumbs together, palm the phone on the sides of the phone, etc?. With the extremely narrow bezel on the Note 5 it is easy to activate the sides of the keyboard for example.
    Well, as far as i know, at least 3 person included me confirm to have this problem .... for me, i don't think the issue is on malfunction on holding the phone. I used 2 thumbs on typing and sometimes spen, both has issues (not everytime)

I just noticed, it seems like this happened when i have another "line" below on my typing. Right now (while i'm typing this) it didn't happen (with no line or signature below)

I tried to create some sentence (below this line) , and it happened immediately. That's remind me, my email has signature as well

Could anyone please help to try this and reconfirm back ?

Thx
    11-09-2015 09:28 PM
    11-09-2015 10:49 PM
    That happens to me a fair bit, and it's quite annoying. I have a preset signature and have found that the cursor jumps to the next line in the middle of my typing, and I know I have not hit the enter key.

DamienP likes this.
    11-10-2015 06:46 AM
    That happens to me a fair bit, and it's quite annoying. I have a preset signature and have found that the cursor jumps to the next line in the middle of my typing, and I know I have not hit the enter key.

Yes it's annoying when we in hurry typing .. can't find any solution for this
    11-10-2015 09:41 AM
    Thats it exactly. Mine also would stop typing sometimes. Seems like two seperate issues?...

11-13-2015 12:22 AM
    I have this issue as well. Very annoying and doesn't seem to be any logic to it
    02-22-2016 12:10 PM
    I have had the Samsung Keyboard freeze on me a few times. But I haven't experienced the cursor jumping lines or anything.
    02-23-2016 06:39 AM
    I have the exact problem on my note 5, cursor jumping.

I have tried 4 different notepad apps, all of them do it.
    I create a note each week to write out the days events at work. Type out each day and leave a couple spaces in between to fill in later...example:

M1st

T2nd

W3rd

Th4th......

Then I save the note. But when I go back to fill in the data to any one of them it will jump down every single time I try to type. On 4 different note pad apps...
    04-03-2016 08:37 AM
    I've had this problem ever since updating to Marshmallow. It only happens on the Google app.

When opening the app, to type in the search bar, as soon as you start typing the cursor jumps to the beginning of the word. Does it every single time. Have done fresh install of app and phone.

Using Google keyboard. Does it with Swiftkey as well.

Very frustrating as I'm constantly making mistakes. I need to wait a good 2-3 seconds before I start typing. It almost looks like the page/app refreshes after opening.

04-04-2016 03:18 PM