Typing issues on Note 5

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone experience "jump line" issues while typing on note 5 ?

What I meant is, when we were typing (email, forum, or anything long), sometimes the cursor just jump to another line below sometime above while we're typing and it's annoying

Anyone has this issue as well and any fixes ?

Thx

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Typing issues on note 5

I'm using samsung's since i don't like to swipe. Wonder if anyone experience this, especially at email ...

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Anyone experience "jump line" issues while typing on note 5 ?

What I meant is, when we were typing (email, forum, or anything long), sometimes the cursor just jump to another line below sometime above while we're typing and it's annoying

Anyone has this issue as well and any fixes ?

Thx

Yes, constantly doing that and some other things.
Typing gets jammed up, like it freezes kind of.
Skips to next line as if I hit enter while in the middle of typing, cuts in the middle of other words, weird stuff like that.
I get freezes in different screens to, and auto brightness among other settings kick in when disabled, all by their selves.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Skips to next line as if I hit enter while in the middle of typing, cuts in the middle of other words, weird stuff like that.
I get freezes in different screens to, and auto brightness among other settings kick in when disabled, all by their selves.

From everything you have said on various posts, you have a problem with your phone or an app.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

I dunno about other stuff, but the "jump line and cut in the middle of other words" thing is exactly what I experience ....

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I have never had those problems with Swiftkey, Swiftkey Neural, Samsung keyboard, or half a dozen others. Your problems sound like keyboard setup not set to your way of keyboarding or "lazy fingers/thumbs" on the part of the operator. :p
And as my young friends tell me, there is no such thing as "typing" anymore because there are no "typewriters" anymore. :D

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Not experienced that problem with the Samsung keyboard. Trying SwiftKey may be a good idea to see if the problem persists.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I have had the line jumping happen MANY times when writing an email. I use Swiftkey 99.5% of the time. The other 5% is trying SK Neural. My cursor will jump to the very bottom of the email, by the signature. I can never figure out what I am doing to cause this.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I have had the line jumping happen MANY times when writing an email. I use Swiftkey 99.5% of the time. The other 5% is trying SK Neural. My cursor will jump to the very bottom of the email, by the signature. I can never figure out what I am doing to cause this.

It very well could be the way you hold the phone and how you activate the keys while typing. Do you use the S pen, one finger, one thumb, both thumbs together, palm the phone on the sides of the phone, etc?. With the extremely narrow bezel on the Note 5 it is easy to activate the sides of the keyboard for example.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I use two thumbs. 6 fingers are behind case and two pinkies on bottom to support. So, only two thumbs are anywhere near the screen.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

It very well could be the way you hold the phone and how you activate the keys while typing. Do you use the S pen, one finger, one thumb, both thumbs together, palm the phone on the sides of the phone, etc?. With the extremely narrow bezel on the Note 5 it is easy to activate the sides of the keyboard for example.
Well, as far as i know, at least 3 person included me confirm to have this problem .... for me, i don't think the issue is on malfunction on holding the phone. I used 2 thumbs on typing and sometimes spen, both has issues (not everytime)

I just noticed, it seems like this happened when i have another "line" below on my typing. Right now (while i'm typing this) it didn't happen (with no line or signature below)

I tried to create some sentence (below this line) , and it happened immediately. That's remind me, my email has signature as well

Could anyone please help to try this and reconfirm back ?

Thx

Sirmaestro

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

That happens to me a fair bit, and it's quite annoying. I have a preset signature and have found that the cursor jumps to the next line in the middle of my typing, and I know I have not hit the enter key.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

That happens to me a fair bit, and it's quite annoying. I have a preset signature and have found that the cursor jumps to the next line in the middle of my typing, and I know I have not hit the enter key.

Yes it's annoying when we in hurry typing .. can't find any solution for this

gen3benz

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact problem on my note 5, cursor jumping.

I have tried 4 different notepad apps, all of them do it.
I create a note each week to write out the days events at work. Type out each day and leave a couple spaces in between to fill in later...example:

M1st

T2nd

W3rd

Th4th......

Then I save the note. But when I go back to fill in the data to any one of them it will jump down every single time I try to type. On 4 different note pad apps...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49