Is anyone else switching to the V10 from the Note 5?

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So I have a Note 5 which i have used since launch day. Love the phone but its very slippery. Not a huge fan of the AMOLED screens but wanted to get away from iOS. Also not much use for me and the Stylus.

This weekend i played with the V10 and the rubbery feel of the phone and screen quality seemed great. I was thinking of selling my note 5 (32gb) and getting the V10. The V10, liked screen quality, the feel of phone, and expandable memory/battery.

Curios if anyone on here thought of switching or giving the V10 a shot?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has different needs in a cell phone, and if you think the V10 will fit your needs better then the Note5, you should go for it!

I've had the Note5 since a few days before it's official release (Verizon sent them out early), and it's been a fantastic phone for my needs. Love the S Pen, and use it all of the time.

As for it being slippery, I purchased a Rhinoshield Crash Guard bumper for my Note5, and put a DBrand matt black skin on the back. My phone is now super thin, but the Crash Guard, combined with the matt black skin on the back, has made my Note5 very easy to carry, and not slippery at all.

You do lose the beautiful glass back, but I also don't have to deal with smudges all over the back of my phone.

That being said, the V10 does seem like a very good contender....

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
This is all in preference some people do not like oversaturate d displays the V10 is more natural display not to mention maybe he likes a removable battery and sd card slot
According to diplaymate, the note 5 is the truest to natural colors of any phone out there. I love LG phones but the display is not as good as Samsung.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Once again it is in preference I could care less what display mate says or any other reviewer of phones displays or anything else it is the consumer who is the best judge of a phone not that many years ago these same reviewer said you could not tell the difference in the high resolution phone displays

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Once again it is in preference I could care less what display mate says or any other reviewer of phones displays or anything else it is the consumer who is the best judge of a phone not that many years ago these same reviewer said you could not tell the difference in the high resolution phone displays
I was just letting him know that the oversaturation days are in the past. That's all. The OP asked for opinions.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Let's keep this on topic. The OP is asking for opinions and everyone is allowed to share their view.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a small gap in my use (i had an iphone between the two), but here are my thoughts.

The Note 5 is a great phone. Awesome display (one of the very best), great camera, and unique features that I used more than I thought I would (s-pen).

The V10 is also a great phone. An awesome display, a fantastic camera, and unique features that I'm using more than I thought I would (dual display).

They are both manageable for their size, but I think the Note is a bit easier to manage.

I can't comment on battery life yet, but I give it less weight than most since I can charge all day. The V10 does not have wireless charging in case that matters.

The V10 also displays less information on the display than the Note. So less of a webpage, less of an email, etc.

This might be controversial, but I think the V10 actually performs better (so far). I see less hiccups and stutters than I did with the Note. The camera app performs just as well too.

I do like Touchwiz more than LG UI, but changing launchers mitigates (but doesn't eliminate) most of those issues.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It's up to you but I love the note 5. This phone had one of the best screens out there today. I love the saturated amoled screen plus the auto brightness works perfect.
If the v10 fits your needs and curiosity, go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am considering it, but for one reason only. They are trying to cram so much in to the screens, especially the home screen that the font is simply too small. I have looked in Accessibility and changed the font sizes, but that applies to only some apps and not the home screen or the built in keyboard. While I can see the smaller print with it being so sharp, it is a bit of a strain to do so.

I wish Samsung had a different mode or theme for those of us with less than perfect vision!

And no, I am not so bad I need one of those Jitterbug phones!

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're not happy with the over saturation on the n5's display. You're able to switch the screen mode options. The adaptive display, amoled cinema, and amoled photo mode are sometimes over saturated a bit too much. But basic mode is similar to true RGB.

Also Wgragg, look into the application iFonts. You can download a wide variety of fonts that may fit your liking. And they do change the font on the keyboard as well as the desktop home screen. Examples below...

54aa5b58e0dad4f7a007fba0ba83d2b7.jpg

869f43f7fe85a7ee901d2a037870917d.jpg

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I downloaded the app and downloaded a font, but it is very unclear how to actually change the font to the one I downloaded. I went into settings, and display and fonts and it does not show me anything different than what I tried before. It does not show the font I downloaded, nor how to change it on the home screen. It is obvious that the app developer's first language is not English, so I have some trouble understanding the directions.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the g4 and the rear Power button and fps doesn't work for me as I use my phone on my desk a lot. There were also other performance and touchscreen issues which may have been resolved, but regardless the rear buttons and fps is a no go for me

phungo80

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the Nexus 6 and upgraded to the V10 last week. 2 things about the V10 that made me switch from it to the Note 5 are:
1. flimsy power button.
2. V10 Screen color is faded and Not correct. The note 5 colors set to basic is the most accurate. Simply compare the screens side by side and u will see how much better the note 5 is. This has nothing to do with note 5 over saturated colors.
3. In hand feel of note 5 is much better. Note 5 has the higher screen to body ratio.