11-16-2015 01:47 PM
52 123
tools
    That would be A HUGE(Donald Trump's voice) mistake whoever does it. Take away the removable battery and SD card and what's left? Nothing special in my opinion

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 08:40 PM
    Plus this is just one more reason I'll stay with the Note 5.

Note 5 vs LG V10 vs. Nexus 6P SOT Battery Test
    11-09-2015 09:35 PM
    If the battery is similar to the g4 I wouldn't use it if someone gave it to me. The note 5 has the best battery of any android phone I've used.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sctrojansintx likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:41 PM
    I use my G3 on my desk, too, but with tap on I never (or rarely) use the power button at all. Simply not an issue.
    I couldn't get the double tap to turn on to work reliably in either the Verizon or h815 models. Usually required 3 to 4 taps

The double tap of notification bar to lock didn't work reliably either
    11-09-2015 10:31 PM
    Its saturated to the point where it causes eye strain over time.
    AGREED!!

Amoled screens are VERY NICE to look at but if you plan on watching a movie or reading an ebook for more than an hour, don't be surprised if you get some eye strain/fatigue. IPS screens are much easier to look at for prolonged periods of time because of their muted (non-saturated) colors.
    Mark Valentine likes this.
    11-10-2015 08:43 AM
    I tried the V10 yesterday...was between that and the Note 5 upgrading from the Note 3. Went with the Note 5 buy I have 6 days to change my mind.
    To me, I prefer the more manageable size of the Note 5 but I like to keep my phones caseless and the Note 5 scares me without a case while the V10 does not. I have young kids who will likely eventually drop my phone so part of me thinks the V10 caseless looks and feels better than the Note 5 in a case and keeping the Note 5 naked just scares me with all of the glass. I thought the V10 would feel a bit crappy but it actually feels nice...I prefer the SPen to the V10 features and the Note seems to have better battery (though I can't change it when it wears out), I prefer the camera on the Samsung, and I have the 64GB note which should hold me over without the need for extra storage.
    I think I'm going to hang on to the Note but I love that the V10 seems durable without looking and feeling like a less premium or stylish device. I still would prefer a leather back option on the V10 to the rubber (looks wise) but it wasn't that bad looking at all.
    11-10-2015 09:31 AM
    AGREED!!

Amoled screens are VERY NICE to look at but if you plan on watching a movie or reading an ebook for more than an hour, don't be surprised if you get some eye strain/fatigue. IPS screens are much easier to look at for prolonged periods of time because of their muted (non-saturated) colors.
    Sigh....that is a generalization that just can't be made. All screens can be calibrated. In fact, the G4 screen is calibrated to be over saturated, while there are modes on the Note 5 that are NOT over saturated.

You can have displays of both technologies that are accurately calibrated and wouldn't cause eye strain because of over saturation. The iPhone is a great example of this for LCD, and the Note 5 for AMOLED.
    VDub2174, Aquila and Gray Area like this.
    11-10-2015 10:03 AM
    Sigh....that is a generalization that just can't be made. All screens can be calibrated. In fact, the G4 screen is calibrated to be over saturated, while there are modes on the Note 5 that are NOT over saturated.

You can have displays of both technologies that are accurately calibrated and wouldn't cause eye strain because of over saturation. The iPhone is a great example of this for LCD, and the Note 5 for AMOLED.
    ^^ yep.
    11-10-2015 10:24 AM
    I have a Note 3 and about to upgrade. Been looking at the two and I think I'd much rather have the V10.

Also has professional grade ESS DAC/Amp for superior audio through headphones and an sd card and removable battery for all of my music, tv, movies, pictures/camera videos
    11-10-2015 10:32 AM
    My best pal has an upgrade coming. So, I went to check out the LG and Turbo yesterday. I really liked the materials on the V10, much more so than the Note. To me, the slippery glass is just silly and pointless. So, in that regard, I preferred the LG.

The secondary display is a marginally useful gimmick. It is probably fun, but I don't really see the point. To some extent, I also feel the same way about the pen in the Note, keyboard on the priv, and shatterproof screen on the Turbo though.

The V10 felt huge and unwieldy to me. It's only a bit larger than the Note but nowhere near as ergonomic. It handles like the Nexus 6 or iPhone +. It's a brick. And, it will only get worse when you have to add a Qi back (qi capable, but not built in). The size would be a total deal-breaker for me.

In terms of guts, I think the Note has it beat in virtually every regard (cpu, memory speed).

The removable battery and SD cards are very nice though.

I dislike LG's skin about as much as I dislike touchwhiz (which is a lot). But, I'd rock nova on either, so who cares? I don't know if the LG has skins of any kind (which, at least on the Note, restore the vanilla feel).

Overall, I'd say the V10 is probably the best alternative to the Note on the market. But, I'd definitely stick with the more easily handled Note, and I am confident that the V10 will sell poorly.
    11-10-2015 11:02 AM
    Not trying to speak for the OP, but it seems to me he doesn't care for the AMOLED screen. There is a difference between IPS no matter how many adjustments you make on either side. I am someone who is split. Sometimes I like the deep blacks of Amoled and sometimes I like the softer more natural colors of a good IPS. Some of you are convinced that Amoled is the best, period. I don't think that is right, it is a personal preference thing and I can see both sides.

But with that said, it seems to me, his bigger issue was with how slippery the phone is. A case is the obvious choice here, which unless he lives under a rock, I am sure he has considered. And again, he might be one of those people who like the beauty of what a manufacturer designs and feels a phone should be designed in a way that makes it secure to hold, without a case. I am one of those people. I don't like cases. I understand I risk damage, but only to a point. If I buy a phone and it feels way to slippery, I buy a case because I am forced to protect my investment, but then I start regretting my phone purchase, because I don't like cases and start to look for a different phone.

The V10 may very well be the phone for him. I feel confident it is a good no case phone. And I would consider one, but it is just to large of a phone for me.
    11-10-2015 12:40 PM
    If you're on the fence, just waiting to get a hands on, you'll be sold. This is one satisfying phone to hold. I just feels good.....
    11-10-2015 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the info. I did find a font that helped a little, but unfortunately, nothing seems to be able to allow for changing the font size on the home screen. I will probably live with it, but Samsung really needs to add that option, otherwise, it is not completely ADA compliant. I do love the rest of the phone, though.
    11-10-2015 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the info. I did find a font that helped a little, but unfortunately, nothing seems to be able to allow for changing the font size on the home screen. I will probably live with it, but Samsung really needs to add that option, otherwise, it is not completely ADA compliant. I do love the rest of the phone, though.
    You might want to look at the Nova Prime launcher. You can control the icon sizes and the font sizes of the labels. It also works on any Android phone.
    Laserbutt likes this.
    11-10-2015 04:35 PM
    I have a Note 3 and about to upgrade. Been looking at the two and I think I'd much rather have the V10.

Also has professional grade ESS DAC/Amp for superior audio through headphones and an sd card and removable battery for all of my music, tv, movies, pictures/camera videos
    Note 5 has DAC as well if I'm not mistaken. They just don't advertise it for some reason.

Posted via the modest yet efficient Lenovo Tab 2 A8 50f

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear
    11-10-2015 05:07 PM
    Mod Note - Let's stay on topic. Thanks.
    11-10-2015 05:32 PM
    Mod Note - Let's stay on topic. Thanks.
    Fair enough.... I got caught up in the football analogy. My bad.
    11-10-2015 06:01 PM
    I purchased the V10 and returned it within 2 days. In my opinion it's not even close to the note 5. Very nice phone but for me, the note 5 it's far superior.
    kj11 and Gray Area like this.
    11-10-2015 09:56 PM
    Note 5 has DAC as well if I'm not mistaken. They just don't advertise it for some reason.

Posted via the modest yet efficient Lenovo Tab 2 A8 50f

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear
    Every phone has a DAC. The one in the V10 is just higher quality.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-11-2015 12:54 AM
    I had the V10 but went back to the Note 5. The V10 is really nice and well made,durable with no case. But the V10 has no notification light which isn't important to some people but I choose to have one. At the present time because of Samsung pay when using Last Pass password manager I can just use my fingerprint to open Last Pass. On the V10 the fingerprint to open does not work at the present time until LG pay ( or whatever they will call it ) is activated. So you must enter the password to open Last Pass which is a PITA after using the Note 5
    11-11-2015 05:11 AM
    I switched from the note 5 to v10 for many reasons. First I can't stand touch wiz to many hiccups freezing, apps crashing, it bogs down your system resources to much. Second the messaging app is garbage takes way to long to send text messages (it could be because of the tmobile advanced messaging turned it off still had issues). Don't say use hangouts just was never a fan of it. Third it wouldn't let me switch off the fingerprint scanner I tried disabling the apps but that's Samsung pay for you. Removable battery and sd card slot oh and the no ir blaster
    11-12-2015 02:45 AM
    I switched from the Note 3 to the G3. At the time I thought the LG UI was much better than touchwiz. After going to the Note 5 and applying the material dark theme I like touchwiz much bf fetter than LG's UI.
    11-12-2015 05:27 AM
    This is all in preference some people do not like oversaturate d displays the V10 is more natural display not to mention maybe he likes a removable battery and sd card slot
    Are you serious. Some things are debatable and some are not..the note 5 screen is superior point blank.
    Gray Area and kj11 like this.
    11-12-2015 11:38 AM
    If you're on the fence, just waiting to get a hands on, you'll be sold. This is one satisfying phone to hold. I just feels good.....
    You talking about the V10 or Note 5?
    11-14-2015 09:15 AM
    I went back to the Note 5. The V10 had some specific issues with Outlook email app that I couldn't say were the fault of the app or keyboard. No other device has had these problems.

I really really liked the V10 other than that.
    11-14-2015 11:23 AM
52 123