Is anyone else switching to the V10 from the Note 5?

alejovh1

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the V10 and returned it within 2 days. In my opinion it's not even close to the note 5. Very nice phone but for me, the note 5 it's far superior.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Note 5 has DAC as well if I'm not mistaken. They just don't advertise it for some reason.

Posted via the modest yet efficient Lenovo Tab 2 A8 50f

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear
Every phone has a DAC. The one in the V10 is just higher quality.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the V10 but went back to the Note 5. The V10 is really nice and well made,durable with no case. But the V10 has no notification light which isn't important to some people but I choose to have one. At the present time because of Samsung pay when using Last Pass password manager I can just use my fingerprint to open Last Pass. On the V10 the fingerprint to open does not work at the present time until LG pay ( or whatever they will call it ) is activated. So you must enter the password to open Last Pass which is a PITA after using the Note 5

Randy Allen1

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I switched from the note 5 to v10 for many reasons. First I can't stand touch wiz to many hiccups freezing, apps crashing, it bogs down your system resources to much. Second the messaging app is garbage takes way to long to send text messages (it could be because of the tmobile advanced messaging turned it off still had issues). Don't say use hangouts just was never a fan of it. Third it wouldn't let me switch off the fingerprint scanner I tried disabling the apps but that's Samsung pay for you. Removable battery and sd card slot oh and the no ir blaster

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Note 3 to the G3. At the time I thought the LG UI was much better than touchwiz. After going to the Note 5 and applying the material dark theme I like touchwiz much bf fetter than LG's UI.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
This is all in preference some people do not like oversaturate d displays the V10 is more natural display not to mention maybe he likes a removable battery and sd card slot
Are you serious. Some things are debatable and some are not..the note 5 screen is superior point blank.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went back to the Note 5. The V10 had some specific issues with Outlook email app that I couldn't say were the fault of the app or keyboard. No other device has had these problems.

I really really liked the V10 other than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol