How do I download my CD's to my Galaxy Note 5?

A

AC Question

New Galaxy Note 5. Would like to load my music CD's to it. I have a PC at home as well as a Lenova Laptop.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Rip the CDs to your Laptop. Than using Google Music Manager on the PC you can upload up to 50,000 songs to the cloud. Using Google Play music on your Note gives you access to all your music and you can download those songs you want to have on the Note. If you do not have an unlimited data plan than do the download via WiFi. You can also copy the files from your PC to a Thumb Drive that you can plug into the Note when you want to listen to music. You may need an adapter plug or cable to do this.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Rip your CD's to your computer & locate where the files are. Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable. If it's the 1st time connecting to your computer I believe you'll see a message about loading drivers. After the drivers are loaded, find where you can view the C drive. I have a short cut on the desk top that says My Computer. When viewing the C drive your phone should be visible below. Click on it and you'll see a list of files from the phone internal memory. One of the files will say music. Copy & paste your ripped CD files to the music file of the phone & you're done.

Posted via the Android Central App

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I usually rip to pc, then upload them to Google Drive. Then I just open the drive app on my phone and download them. Saves me from connecting phone to the pc

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
+1... on the google drive... it'll save space on your phone... great for the note 5 since no sd... plus you can dl songs if you need them offline for a roadtrip/or any situation you won't have wifi/lte...

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Use both and try them out. See which one works best for you. Personally I use Google Music Manager on the PC and Google Play Music on the Note 5. I am not a paid subscriber, but I can set up play lists and also use Google's free "Radio" service. Similar to Pandora and others but fewer commercial right now.
Google Drive is a good place to store your music to download for times when you will not have access to Play Music.

I have unlimited data so I don't care about data usage. I stream music most of the day while at work. If I get tired of "radio station" I can select a random one from the app. It is great for discovering new music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol