My issues with the Note 5 and Verizon Connection issues

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have had the 64GB Note 5 on Verizon for just over 1 week but not everything is perfect.

I get random network issues where it will completely disconnect from the network and only a restart gets me back on...weird. I thought network performance would be better than my previous note 3 but it is way worse for me.
It's annoying to me that the backup to fingerprint is a alpha/numeric Password only and can't be a different security method like a pin.
Samsung Pay seems to randomly appear on the bottom of the screen when I unlock even though it is turned off.
I seem to have lag issues...debated a reformat. When using Nova, it's bad but even using the default, it's not fluid like I hoped. Little hick-ups here and there....just not a perfect experience for some reason. Coming from a Note 3, I thought the difference would be massive. Every so often I get these lock screen hickups as well.
I still miss my menu button

The good news: Camera is AWESOME and I love pro mode. Battery life is solid but not ground breaking. I don't use the pen often but when I do, it's great. Build quality is definitely improved though I'm worried it's a bit fragile. Overall, it's probably the best device out there if I can figure out my connection issues.

pbickel

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a new SIM? I'm also Verizon and when I upgraded from my G3 I had similar issues then got a new SIM and all was good.

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife's 2 weeks+ old note 5 has the same network connection issue and only restart brings it back. It happened twice during the last 4 days

Tg321

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Have the same network connectivity problem. Replaced my Sim didn't fix it. Reformat didn't fix it.
Learning to live with it but I'll probably call Verizon for a replacement sometime soon.
Otherwise I love my note 5
I use nova and it's great. No lag for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I have the 32gb Verizon version. I'm disappointed on how buggy and the lag when using Nova. It did work seamlessly on the Note 3 and worked well on the Note 4. I did try troubleshooting to make sure it wasn't the programs not getting along. Rebooted, cleared partition cache, and hard reset. Still have the same problems. Guess it's back to TouchWiz soon. It comes with the territory of a new phone with bugs and hicups. I do love my multiple docks in Nova. Decisions...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar