Everything - NEW GEAR VR!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Gear VR in a couple hours ago and it is amazing! It's my second time purchasing, so it's not my 1st experience but this one is better than the last one I had for my s6 edge 5 months ago. Small upgrades did make an improvement over the early 15 model. I wish the note 5 had a 4k screen because I do think it would make for a better overall experience.

Got any questions? Ask!

BTW netflix is pretty cool, watching in a completely different atmosphere is new and fresh.

Posted via the Android Central App

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
What can you do with it? Do you have to repurchase specific movies / games or can it work with normal Google play games, the movies you already own, and youtube. I think I read that netflix and hulu are supported

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My Gear VR shipped today! Just got my email earlier 😎👍👌😆

The sad thing is that I'm on Verizon I haven't even gotten the VR update yet :(

Are you certain? I think verizon already pushed the vr update to us via the last update.

You may be better off than you think!

digital-g

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else receiving a message that your Gear VR needs to cool down for optimal performance? My phone is pretty hot, too! I know it using a lot of "horsepower" to do the VR stuff. Just wondering if anyone seeing the same message...

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I got mine today. Just watched the 3d Blue Angels it's quite an experience. Also watched the Broadway cast of the Lion King singing Circle Of Life. Again in 3d.

There are several pieces of software out there that claim they will convert 2d video to 3d video. I downloaded a demo of DVDFab ad does the conversion but I can't figure out just what 3d video format I should use. I did one version already but it just shows the double screen for at not 3d. Any suggestions?

ChrissyCO

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I got mine today. Just watched the 3d Blue Angels it's quite an experience. Also watched the Broadway cast of the Lion King singing Circle Of Life. Again in 3d.

There are several pieces of software out there that claim they will convert 2d video to 3d video. I downloaded a demo of DVDFab ad does the conversion but I can't figure out just what 3d video format I should use. I did one version already but it just shows the double screen for at not 3d. Any suggestions?

Try side by side

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain? I think verizon already pushed the vr update to us via the last update.

You may be better off than you think!

Unfortunately I still don't have an update....

I have some videos on my computer that are double side by side videos. What is the best way to play them on the VR?

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It is side by side. In fact when I watch it on the gear vr I see both the right and left frames.

Has anyone successfully converted a 2d video to a 3d video?

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
How much $ do movies or games average when purchased from the Samsung store or however you buy stuff to use on the vr. I'm guessing nothing good is free

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
On Verizon. Read wired my Gear VT and once I connected the Note 5 to it it wanted to download the VR software. Once that was done I was able to access all VR functions and apps

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My ear vr with Note 5 is causing the Note 5 to overheat. The only thing I've found is for the Note 4. They said to remove the battery cover and run a fan right on your face. Can't do that with the Note 5.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I just had an online conversation with Samsung help. I explained about the overheating problem. He said that Samsung has issued a statement that the Gear VR should not be used for then 30 minutes at a time! I'm going to my local Bestbuy to talk with the Geek Squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca