Everything - NEW GEAR VR!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 5 so I pre ordered the new VR the other day. The only problem I really see is I have Verizon and we haven't got an update for the VR support. If I'm not mistaken T-Mobile and Sprint already have the update. This isn't my 1st VR... I had the $200 one for the s6 edge right when it came out. It wasn't that amazing but still cool. It was way to new and not much stuff was out it so I returned it within the 10 days. However this new one is out and is only $100 plus it's lighter so picked it up.

Pre-order link for late 2015 Gear VR 🔗 Samsung Gear VR for Select Samsung Cell Phones Black SM-R322NZWAXAR - Best Buy

**The reason for creating this thread is to post the best games, apps, tricks & tips, pre-orders, etc... Post anything if it's about the Gear VR!

Posted via Note 5

Last edited:

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Even without the update, we should be able to use Cardboard based software and the Cardboard App. Or am I missing something.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Even without the update, we should be able to use Cardboard based software and the Cardboard App. Or am I missing something.

I'm pretty sure you're right but you won't get the full experience without the official app

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Being that I am on Verizon I can expect to miss out on full useage for at least 2 months. That is the normal minimum time frame for big red to get anything out the door. Look how long it took them to allow Samsung Pay.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered as well through best buy. Does anyone think it will ship by that date? I'm moving by the 27th and wondering if I'll get it before I move.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered as well through best buy. Does anyone think it will ship by that date? I'm moving by the 27th and wondering if I'll get it before I move.

Yes it will get to you within a couple days, the last one I preordered got to me immediately

Sirromey

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the note 5 so I pre ordered the new VR the other day. The only problem I really see is I have Verizon and we haven't got an update for the VR support. If I'm not mistaken T-Mobile and Sprint already have the update. This isn't my 1st VR... I had the $200 one for the s6 edge right when it came out. It wasn't that amazing but still cool. It was way to new and not much stuff was out it so I returned it within the 10 days. However this new one is out and is only $100 plus it's lighter so picked it up.

Pre-order link for late 2015 Gear VR 🔗 Samsung Gear VR for Select Samsung Cell Phones Black SM-R322NZWAXAR - Best Buy

**The reason for creating this thread is to post the best games, apps, tricks & tips, pre-orders, etc... Post anything if it's about the Gear VR!

Posted via Note 5

You need carrier support for Gear vr? Im asking because im on a an international version note overseas. I was thinking about picking up the Gear vr during my trip to the states.

Posted on my Note 5

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You need carrier support for Gear vr? Im asking because im on a an international version note overseas. I was thinking about picking up the Gear vr during my trip to the states.

Posted on my Note 5

No you do not need carrier support, as long as you have wifi you should be fine 👍

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am considering the VR...what can this thing do? The price is right and the quality looks to be there. What are the advantages to having this...when can you see yourself using it (other than just to show it off)

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My Gear VR shipped today! Just got my email earlier 😎👍👌😆

The sad thing is that I'm on Verizon I haven't even gotten the VR update yet :(

Last edited:

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Are these mainly for games or can you watch movies through Netflix or a movie you load on the phone itself? If you can watch movies with it, how is the experience? Thanks!

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I am considering the VR...what can this thing do? The price is right and the quality looks to be there. What are the advantages to having this...when can you see yourself using it (other than just to show it off)

Great question.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gigs+white) running on T-Mobile.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Are these mainly for games or can you watch movies through Netflix or a movie you load on the phone itself? If you can watch movies with it, how is the experience? Thanks!

Movies for sure, tours are awesome, games are okay. Its a very cool experience. Although it's similar to the google cardboard experience for much higher price. I preordered mine should be here in a week or so. Im hoping reading is implemented but the eye strain is a concern at a few inches from screen lol. No doubt it's cool but it's a selfish activity. Im hoping theres something to involve others coming.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So how do the movies work. I have a collection on play movies... Can I watch those or do I need to repurchase them. I think I saw that samsung had an app with a movie theater experience but I didn't know if my Google play movies would show up in the app. Same with youtube... Can I watch all youtube? I think I saw that only a few videos would work

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
So how do the movies work. I have a collection on play movies... Can I watch those or do I need to repurchase them. I think I saw that samsung had an app with a movie theater experience but I didn't know if my Google play movies would show up in the app. Same with youtube... Can I watch all youtube? I think I saw that only a few videos would work

soo, mines coming in the mail but I came across these possible solutions for each problem.

play your own movies http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-vr/500245-how-transfer-google-play-movies-gear-vr.html

youtube - https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/2uhwzd/how_to_watch_youtube_on_gear_vr/

it's worth noting that new content has recently been added to samsung vr app store. Many complain that their isn't enough content but using the google cardboard app through the vr with USB disconnected has opened up a lot of possibilities over the past few months.

digital-g

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Received an email yesterday indicating my pre-order shipped. Just checked the tracking link and it arrived at my local UPS facility overnight. Should be out for delivery today sometime (I hope)...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis