Confession: I hardly use the pen. But, I'd like to use it more! Please advise.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use smart select all the time to share things I find on twitter, or photos perhaps, with friends. Also you can copy and text by holding the button and "highlighting" the text
So you share it as an image? We used to be able to grab text and share it as text.. That's gone, isn't it?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hot damn! Can you give me a quick instruction?

Download optical reader from galaxy apps.
The easiest way to get there is start the camera, mode, download, search for optical reader.
Open optical reader, tap the arrow at the top, which will then show you the gallery icon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015.jpg
    Screenshot_2015.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 78

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I got here from the camera.

You can also add the galaxy apps widget to a screen and go in that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 73

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not in the list for me, but I searched and got it. Interestingly, I also don't have the Samsung app store on my phone.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This method isn't working for me. I'm on sprint's note 5. I imagine you're in a different carrier pool shark?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. 27 steps later, I have my text.... Sigh. That wasn't convenient at all. Thanks for providing the option pool_shark.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I need the ability to copy and paste text from Facebook - for several business groups I run....

With the Smart Select option if you outline a text selection you will see a "T" in the upper right corner within the Smart Select window with the text. Tap that "T" and it converts the selection to text that be be shared, copied to clipboard and many other options. At least that's how mine works, hopefully your carrier didn't remove that option.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
With the Smart Select option if you outline a text selection you will see a "T" in the upper right corner within the Smart Select window with the text. Tap that "T" and it converts the selection to text that be be shared, copied to clipboard and many other options. At least that's how mine works, hopefully your carrier didn't remove that option.
That option was in note 4, but not in my note 5.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Woah! It was absolutely NOT THERE when I got this phone, but I updated the software two days ago and I just looked to make sure.... and it's there!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
136239ada85d5ba6ebb847f623252fa1.jpg

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is the button on the stylus used for anything else?

In what app does it open a shortcut menu. I press it and nothing happens.

Hold it close to the screen and press the button to open the S Pen shortcuts. Hold it away from your screen, press and hold the button, double tap the screen to open an Action Memo quickly.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
a0ac9bfdfdb9eceebbb1efdb7c751474.jpg

Ok so there's no T here....What happened?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci