02-04-2016 09:18 PM
99 1234
tools
    This method isn't working for me. I'm on sprint's note 5. I imagine you're in a different carrier pool shark?
    11-16-2015 04:53 PM
    Ok.. 27 steps later, I have my text.... Sigh. That wasn't convenient at all. Thanks for providing the option pool_shark.
    11-16-2015 04:55 PM
    It's not in the list for me, but I searched and got it. Interestingly, I also don't have the Samsung app store on my phone.
    Scroll to the bottom of this page, you should see a link for the Galaxy App Store app
    Samsung Apps Via Galaxy Apps & SmartHub| Samsung US
    11-16-2015 05:04 PM
    I need the ability to copy and paste text from Facebook - for several business groups I run....
    With the Smart Select option if you outline a text selection you will see a "T" in the upper right corner within the Smart Select window with the text. Tap that "T" and it converts the selection to text that be be shared, copied to clipboard and many other options. At least that's how mine works, hopefully your carrier didn't remove that option.
    11-16-2015 05:15 PM
    With the Smart Select option if you outline a text selection you will see a "T" in the upper right corner within the Smart Select window with the text. Tap that "T" and it converts the selection to text that be be shared, copied to clipboard and many other options. At least that's how mine works, hopefully your carrier didn't remove that option.
    That option was in note 4, but not in my note 5.
    11-16-2015 05:56 PM
    Woah! It was absolutely NOT THERE when I got this phone, but I updated the software two days ago and I just looked to make sure.... and it's there!
    11-16-2015 05:58 PM
    11-16-2015 06:00 PM
    It opens a shortcut menu.
    Is the button on the stylus used for anything else?

In what app does it open a shortcut menu. I press it and nothing happens.
    11-16-2015 06:07 PM
    Is the button on the stylus used for anything else?

In what app does it open a shortcut menu. I press it and nothing happens.
    Hold it close to the screen and press the button to open the S Pen shortcuts. Hold it away from your screen, press and hold the button, double tap the screen to open an Action Memo quickly.
    BamaMomRollTide likes this.
    11-16-2015 06:27 PM

Ok so there's no T here....What happened?
    11-16-2015 06:52 PM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...db7c751474.jpg

You trying it in the Facebook app or browser? If it's the app, try it through the web browser instead and see if it works for you. I checked several times within the browser and it work for me on Facebook, I don't use their app.
    11-16-2015 07:11 PM
    No "T" for me either.
    11-16-2015 09:06 PM
    Do you guys know any app that allows us to write using the pen in a pdf or any document?
    11-17-2015 02:27 AM
    Good thread. I fall into the general "hardly use pen" category. Glad to know its there if I need it for quick note taking, screenshots, and annotating images. Thats basically how I've used the pen since the Note 2.
    11-17-2015 06:47 AM
    You trying it in the Facebook app or browser? If it's the app, try it through the web browser instead and see if it works for you. I checked several times within the browser and it work for me on Facebook, I don't use their app.
    It was inside the app. That's where I need the function because I can copy and paste from the browser version. You can see I got it to work once, then it just stopped working. It's incredibly inconvenient to load these group through the browser. I have a lot of cross posting that we do to get information out to people... Sigh.
    11-17-2015 07:21 AM
    It was inside the app. That's where I need the function because I can copy and paste from the browser version. You can see I got it to work once, then it just stopped working. It's incredibly inconvenient to load these group through the browser. I have a lot of cross posting that we do to get information out to people... Sigh.
    Ok so I had so more time to play with this function. Not sure what's going on here but I can select about 6 to 7 lines of text and the covert to text option is available, any more than that then the covert to text option disappears. Just guessing here but there must be some character count limit imposed through this option.
    11-17-2015 09:04 AM
    Ok so I had so more time to play with this function. Not sure what's going on here but I can select about 6 to 7 lines of text and the covert to text option is available, any more than that then the covert to text option disappears. Just guessing here but there must be some character count limit imposed through this option.
    I wondered about that, but in note 4 I could select a whole page. I tried selecting two sentences and it won't do it! Argh... Let me know if you keep experimenting.
    11-17-2015 09:10 AM
    I believe the "T" will only show up if using the preinstalled internet browser that comes in the Note 5. For me I disabled that browser and Chrome as well. I use Apus Browser and I see no T
    11-17-2015 10:13 AM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...db7c751474.jpg

First install "Google goggles"
    Once it's installed do your smart capture
    Goto the share option and select "Google goggles"
    It will scan the text in the smart capture and allow you to copy paste it to anywhere you want
    ihbsbA likes this.
    11-17-2015 12:06 PM
    First install "Google goggles"
    Once it's installed do your smart capture
    Goto the share option and select "Google goggles"
    It will scan the text in the smart capture and allow you to copy paste it to anywhere you want
    You are my new best friend. That's it. We are bffs.
    11-17-2015 01:23 PM
    You are my new best friend. That's it. We are bffs.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    11-17-2015 08:28 PM
    One feature I wish the s pen had is bluetooth in the pen itself. It would be awesome to use the s pen button as a remote for music with double click/triple click for changing tracks and also for the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-17-2015 11:25 PM
    Ot makes screenshots easier and im inlove with scroll capture

Me to.

11-17-2015 11:39 PM
    It's not in the list for me, but I searched and got it. Interestingly, I also don't have the Samsung app store on my phone.
    It's factory loaded.Check disabled apps in app manager.

To the O.P.: The quick note while screen is off Is the best feature IMO .

11-18-2015 03:18 AM
    AT&T USER --- [Make Settings Direct pen Input: Hold S Pen over bottom area you would use to bring up Keypad and a BLUE SYMBOL pops-up; Touch it and what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message. Chk for Message Font How-To.]

I cannot figure out what this prior function I copied/pasted relates to. My Message App is keybd only so --"what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message" makes no sense. Has anyone used this function to explain it here? Only 1/10 on my OCD Scale but it would be fun to clarify this.
    11-18-2015 07:12 AM
99 1234