Confession: I hardly use the pen. But, I'd like to use it more! Please advise.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Good thread. I fall into the general "hardly use pen" category. Glad to know its there if I need it for quick note taking, screenshots, and annotating images. Thats basically how I've used the pen since the Note 2.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You trying it in the Facebook app or browser? If it's the app, try it through the web browser instead and see if it works for you. I checked several times within the browser and it work for me on Facebook, I don't use their app.
It was inside the app. That's where I need the function because I can copy and paste from the browser version. You can see I got it to work once, then it just stopped working. It's incredibly inconvenient to load these group through the browser. I have a lot of cross posting that we do to get information out to people... Sigh.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It was inside the app. That's where I need the function because I can copy and paste from the browser version. You can see I got it to work once, then it just stopped working. It's incredibly inconvenient to load these group through the browser. I have a lot of cross posting that we do to get information out to people... Sigh.

Ok so I had so more time to play with this function. Not sure what's going on here but I can select about 6 to 7 lines of text and the covert to text option is available, any more than that then the covert to text option disappears. Just guessing here but there must be some character count limit imposed through this option.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I had so more time to play with this function. Not sure what's going on here but I can select about 6 to 7 lines of text and the covert to text option is available, any more than that then the covert to text option disappears. Just guessing here but there must be some character count limit imposed through this option.
I wondered about that, but in note 4 I could select a whole page. I tried selecting two sentences and it won't do it! Argh... Let me know if you keep experimenting.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I believe the "T" will only show up if using the preinstalled internet browser that comes in the Note 5. For me I disabled that browser and Chrome as well. I use Apus Browser and I see no T

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
First install "Google goggles"
Once it's installed do your smart capture
Goto the share option and select "Google goggles"
It will scan the text in the smart capture and allow you to copy paste it to anywhere you want :)
You are my new best friend. That's it. We are bffs.

Madisonhustla

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
One feature I wish the s pen had is bluetooth in the pen itself. It would be awesome to use the s pen button as a remote for music with double click/triple click for changing tracks and also for the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not in the list for me, but I searched and got it. Interestingly, I also don't have the Samsung app store on my phone.

It's factory loaded.Check disabled apps in app manager.

To the O.P.: The quick note while screen is off Is the best feature IMO .

Posted via the Android Central App

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
AT&T USER --- [Make Settings Direct pen Input: Hold S Pen over bottom area you would use to bring up Keypad and a BLUE SYMBOL pops-up; Touch it and what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message. Chk for Message Font How-To.]

I cannot figure out what this prior function I copied/pasted relates to. My Message App is keybd only so --"what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message" makes no sense. Has anyone used this function to explain it here? Only 1/10 on my OCD Scale but it would be fun to clarify this.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
AT&T USER --- [Make Settings Direct pen Input: Hold S Pen over bottom area you would use to bring up Keypad and a BLUE SYMBOL pops-up; Touch it and what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message. Chk for Message Font How-To.]

I cannot figure out what this prior function I copied/pasted relates to. My Message App is keybd only so --"what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message" makes no sense. Has anyone used this function to explain it here? Only 1/10 on my OCD Scale but it would be fun to clarify this.

Yes I use that function all the time, especially for text messages. Just hold your S Pen over the text entry box, you should see a blue circle icon with a T in it appear, tap that blue icon and then you'll get a window where you can hand write the text. You can also switch it to drawing mode. I use the drawing mode to send my own creations to message recipients. This function works in most places where you can enter text.

eugchen

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
the S pen is very useful for me, but i find that the button is in the way alot and often i press it inadvertently while typing.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
the S pen is very useful for me, but i find that the button is in the way alot and often i press it inadvertently while typing.

You will get used to how to hold it. I grip the pen above the button with it facing in to me. So I never accidentally push it. Gripping it that way also helps with leverage when the Note 5 is laying on a table and you are using the S-pen.

Note in my house!!!