02-04-2016 09:18 PM
99 ... 234
tools
    AT&T USER --- [Make Settings Direct pen Input: Hold S Pen over bottom area you would use to bring up Keypad and a BLUE SYMBOL pops-up; Touch it and what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message. Chk for Message Font How-To.]

I cannot figure out what this prior function I copied/pasted relates to. My Message App is keybd only so --"what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message" makes no sense. Has anyone used this function to explain it here? Only 1/10 on my OCD Scale but it would be fun to clarify this.
    Yes I use that function all the time, especially for text messages. Just hold your S Pen over the text entry box, you should see a blue circle icon with a T in it appear, tap that blue icon and then you'll get a window where you can hand write the text. You can also switch it to drawing mode. I use the drawing mode to send my own creations to message recipients. This function works in most places where you can enter text.
    CraigS26 likes this.
    11-18-2015 07:26 AM
    the S pen is very useful for me, but i find that the button is in the way alot and often i press it inadvertently while typing.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    11-18-2015 07:53 AM
    the S pen is very useful for me, but i find that the button is in the way alot and often i press it inadvertently while typing.
    You will get used to how to hold it. I grip the pen above the button with it facing in to me. So I never accidentally push it. Gripping it that way also helps with leverage when the Note 5 is laying on a table and you are using the S-pen.

Note in my house!!!
    11-18-2015 09:28 AM
    So, the button on the pen only has a couple of uses? Or am I missing something?
    94gixxerod likes this.
    11-18-2015 09:53 AM
    So, the button on the pen only has a couple of uses? Or am I missing something?
    Hold it to highlight text and press it to bring up the menu. Were you hoping it would do something more?

Note in my house!!!
    11-18-2015 10:20 AM
    Do you guys know any app that allows us to write using the pen in a pdf or any document?
    "Write on PDF" came preinstalled on my Note 5. Try it out.
    11-18-2015 10:23 AM
    AT&T USER --- [Make Settings Direct pen Input: Hold S Pen over bottom area you would use to bring up Keypad and a BLUE SYMBOL pops-up; Touch it and what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message. Chk for Message Font How-To.]

I cannot figure out what this prior function I copied/pasted relates to. My Message App is keybd only so --"what you hand-Write becomes Text in the message" makes no sense. Has anyone used this function to explain it here? Only 1/10 on my OCD Scale but it would be fun to clarify this.
    Okay, i see. If you touch the blue T with spen tip you can then write on the screen in the white square. It transposes your words into text inline. Very cool!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 02:20 PM
    You will get used to how to hold it. I grip the pen above the button with it facing in to me. So I never accidentally push it. Gripping it that way also helps with leverage when the Note 5 is laying on a table and you are using the S-pen.

Note in my house!!!

I hold the S pen near the top so my pinkie doesn't drag . Thanks for the button towards me tip!

11-18-2015 03:27 PM
    don't put it in backwards ...
    Matt Behnken likes this.
    11-19-2015 07:07 AM
    I will admit, I go out of my way to use the S-pen. I love using it that much. Every chance I get really.

Note in my house!!!
    11-19-2015 11:57 PM
    I only use it to annotate pictures. I can't really think of any other use for mine. I can't and do not like to draw and my handwriting is terrible. I have always preferred typing. I select text with my thumb. I seldom pull it out really.
    12-05-2015 09:06 AM
    I only use it to annotate pictures. I can't really think of any other use for mine. I can't and do not like to draw and my handwriting is terrible. I have always preferred typing. I select text with my thumb. I seldom pull it out really.
    It does have other uses. I personally love using it. I feel like I'm actually more productive when I use it. And it turns more professional to me when I use it at work. It can be used just like a mouse or finger pad on a laptop. That's what I like the most. But, I can see your issue if it does not recognize your handwriting.

Note in my house!
    12-07-2015 06:19 AM
    Yeow! Thanks to this thread, I have a new outlook on the s-pen. A special thanks to the folks that posted the tutorials at the start.

While I'm lovin the pen, it is a little small for my hand. Has anyone tried any of the larger pens, like the ones for the Note Tablets? I realize they wouldn't fit inside the phone like the stock pen, but might work when I'm just sitting around playing.
    01-24-2016 11:14 AM
    Yeow! Thanks to this thread, I have a new outlook on the s-pen. A special thanks to the folks that posted the tutorials at the start.

While I'm lovin the pen, it is a little small for my hand. Has anyone tried any of the larger pens, like the ones for the Note Tablets? I realize they wouldn't fit inside the phone like the stock pen, but might work when I'm just sitting around playing.
    I got everything the Galaxy Note 10.1 and that pen does not work on my Note 5 ๐Ÿ˜• you would think it would right?

01-24-2016 05:48 PM
    Thanks. You can pick up the larger tablet s-pens for 20 or 30 bucks. Good to know they won't work for the phone.
    01-24-2016 07:25 PM
    I'm on my 2nd Samsung Galaxy series phone. Been looking and wanting a note. Thought about waiting on the Note 6.
    I have never owned a note.
    From the looks of the posts I will have a lot to learn from all the things it does.
    Wow.
    01-24-2016 07:43 PM
    Sometimes when I want to send a quick note I'll just write an S memo and send via text messaging. Takes seconds.
    nickdeck likes this.
    01-24-2016 07:50 PM
    I'm on my 2nd Samsung Galaxy series phone. Been looking and wanting a note. Thought about waiting on the Note 6.
    I have never owned a note.
    From the looks of the posts I will have a lot to learn from all the things it does.
    Wow.
    Sounds like me. My last phone was an S4. Figured the s-pen was just a stylus that conveniently tucked into the phone. Wrong.
    01-25-2016 06:18 PM
    I got everything the Galaxy Note 10.1 and that pen does not work on my Note 5 ๐Ÿ˜• you would think it would right?

I have the 10.1 and the stylus works perfectly with my Note 5 from Verizon. In fact, I prefer it given the additional length.

I also have several Bamboo styli that I purchased from Best Buy for less than $15 each. They look like standard pens with clips and removable tops. Are metal and have more girth than the Samsung stylus that comes with the phone. No eraser, though. Work great. The same pens are advertised on Amazon for 2 or 3 x's the cost. Seen crazy pricing all over the internet.
    01-26-2016 09:23 PM
    I should have added that I am referring to the stylus on the 10.1 (2014 Edition) Can't speak to the prior 10.1 and whether that stylus also works with the Note 5.
    01-26-2016 10:16 PM
    I should have added that I am referring to the stylus on the 10.1 (2014 Edition) Can't speak to the prior 10.1 and whether that stylus also works with the Note 5.
    Mine is from the older version.

01-27-2016 06:13 PM
    "Write on PDF" came preinstalled on my Note 5. Try it out.
    I really need this function but I can't use Write On PDF. It's just Useless. When I open up this app and write something on PDF doc then save this PDF file and then open it on my PC it has so bad resolution (quality), my signature looks pixilated and ugly. And PDF page is very small. Is there any way to sign the PDF file with S-Pen so the PDF page will look great on PC?
    02-04-2016 12:44 PM
    I got a Samsung branded spen that is about the shape and size of a regular pen and has the eraser function that mimics a regular pencil. Pretty convenient to just turn the spen upside down and erase instead of first having to select the eraser mode. Obviously, I can't store this in my phone but I keep it in my purse. Great to use taking notes! I think I got it on Amazon but it's been a couple of years ago. I got it for my Note 8 but it works beautifully on my Note 5. Don't remember how much I paid, but since I like bargains, I'm sure it was probably south of 30 bucks.

02-04-2016 09:11 PM
    Here is the one I have. It is on Jet.com . It is $15

Attached Thumbnails Confession: I hardly use the pen.  But, I'd like to use it more!  Please advise.-1415.jpg ย 
    02-04-2016 09:18 PM
99 ... 234