11-27-2015 03:33 PM
53 123
tools
    Is the Tech21 the "Evo Tactical" case? If so, does this case easily slide in and out of the front pocket? Or does the rubber "stick" and get caught on the material?
    No it's the "classic check/check" case... slim tpu... slides in and out no problems...
    11-16-2015 03:34 PM
    This one seems like the one i have for the iphone... but for the note 5... https://www.tech21.com/en_us/evo-check-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-5
    11-16-2015 03:36 PM
    Any recommendations for an inexpensive case that offers some drop protection? I used a Diztronics TPU case on my S3 for two years, and it survived a few drops with no damage at all. I'm considering another Diztronics for my Note 5, but want to see what other options are available in the under-$20 range. I know the best protection would come from the upscale cases, but I can't afford one. I want a simple case -- no wallet, no clip, don't need a kickstand -- and I like the TPU-type cases because they feel cushiony and grippy (as opposed to slippery). One thing I really liked about the Diztronic is that it was designed to protect the front if the phone was placed face down. BTW, I use a tempered glass screen protector. The first one I got (a cheapo) has already chipped and cracked, so I've ordered an new Xtremeguard protector.

I've read through forum threads, but a lot of cases mentioned aren't in my price range. I looked at Spigen [AIR CUSHION] Slim Armor ($16.99 on Amazon) -- are those good?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I do want to protect my investment, but I have a beer budget.
    11-16-2015 10:05 PM
    Hey guys,

What's the best price you've seen on the Tech21 "Evo Tactical" case for the Note 5?

Thanks.
    11-17-2015 09:22 AM
    If you haven't made a purchase yet. Look at the Seidido line . Comes in two versions dilex and I forget the other double hull protection but not bulky, optional holster. You will need to add a screen protector. Great for everyday use.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 12:01 AM
    I've got one of these: Rhino Shield Products for Galaxy Note 5

Extended Test Video:

I've not dropped the phone while this case was on, so I can't really speak to it's absolute effectiveness. But I can say that I really like that it's not bulky.
    11-18-2015 07:05 AM
    I've got one of these: Rhino Shield Products for Galaxy Note 5
    The video is certainly impressive. The thing that bugs me though is that there's no back to the case.
    11-18-2015 08:14 AM
    The video is certainly impressive. The thing that bugs me though is that there's no back to the case.
    Actually, that's what's nice about the Crash Guard!

Unless you drop your phone on a floor with gravel, or pebbles, or something that is raised, which is pretty unlikely, the back of your phone won't hit anything in a drop, because the raised edges will protect it in the unlikely event that your phone drops straight down in a perfectly flat position... highly unlikely!

Much more common, your phone will hit the ground on a corner, or on the edge of your phone.

This allows you to leave the back of your phone fully exposed, so you don't have to cover up the beauty of the Note5! (there are at least five or six videos showing either a S6 or an iPhone with a Rhinoshield crash guard being dropped repeatedly, on YouTube. Not once is the back on any of those phones damaged, that I saw, unless it's dropped from well above 11 feet!)

If you want "some" protection in the off chance your phone does fall on a gravel covered floor, get a skin for it.

This is SUCH a lightweight cover, that provides better protection then much more bulky cases!

I guess it's not for everyone, but I really like using this bumper. Easy to put in and take out of your pocket, as well.
    11-18-2015 08:32 AM
    This allows you to leave the back of your phone fully exposed, so you don't have to cover up the beauty of the Note5!
    I get what you're saying, and it is tempting, but I use one of those A/C vent mounts in my car (this) and they require a magnet to be placed in between the backing of the case and the phone. Therefore a case without a back won't work.

There is an option of sticking the magnet directly onto the back on the phone, but I'd rather not do that.
    11-18-2015 08:55 AM
    Actually, that's what's nice about the Crash Guard!

Unless you drop your phone on a floor with gravel, or pebbles, or something that is raised, which is pretty unlikely, the back of your phone won't hit anything in a drop, because the raised edges will protect it in the unlikely event that your phone drops straight down in a perfectly flat position... highly unlikely!

Much more common, your phone will hit the ground on a corner, or on the edge of your phone.

This allows you to leave the back of your phone fully exposed, so you don't have to cover up the beauty of the Note5! (there are at least five or six videos showing either a S6 or an iPhone with a Rhinoshield crash guard being dropped repeatedly, on YouTube. Not once is the back on any of those phones damaged, that I saw, unless it's dropped from well above 11 feet!)

If you want "some" protection in the off chance your phone does fall on a gravel covered floor, get a skin for it.

This is SUCH a lightweight cover, that provides better protection then much more bulky cases!

I guess it's not for everyone, but I really like using this bumper. Easy to put in and take out of your pocket, as well.

Would you mind posting a picture of the bumper on your actual phone? the rendering they have on the site is kinda weird looking...
    11-18-2015 10:09 AM
    Would you mind posting a picture of the bumper on your actual phone? the rendering they have on the site is kinda weird looking...
    Yeah, I agree. Again, the video for this thing is impressive -- but having a case without a back scares the heck outta me.
    11-18-2015 10:11 AM
    I like using TPU cases as the material will help absorb any shock when dropped.
    Look up Dztronic cases on Amazon.
    11-18-2015 11:44 AM
    I am using a tech21 Evo case and it is adequate for me. But if you want more protection, a ballistic tough jacket is $22 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013HJ...cUvbUpU4840827

The Ballistic jewel is good option for good protection in a small form factor, $9 on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013HL...cUvbUpU4840827

Ballistic cases have reinforced corners and large raised lip for good protection at a reasonable price. Both are rated for 6' drop.

The tech21 Evo check is rated for 2m/6.6' drop but has a smaller lip than the Ballistic cases.
    11-18-2015 01:00 PM
    Hey guys,

What's the best price you've seen on the Tech21 "Evo Tactical" case for the Note 5?

Thanks.
    I bought mine from Verizon with the 25% corporate discount. I haven't seen them cheap anywhere
    11-18-2015 01:02 PM
    I bought mine from Verizon with the 25% corporate discount.
    Bummer, the Evo Tactical for the Note 5 is not on Verizon's website.
    11-18-2015 01:21 PM
    I have this case on my phone. The rubber doesn't stick and get caught on materials, like when you slide the phone in and out of your pocket. The case does have some texture to it though to make it not so slick, but it's not "sticky" whatsoever. And just like Knightstalker said, it's a great case that offers really good protections, have dropped my Note 5 from higher than 4 feet, and even directly on the corner of the phone and the phone is still in one piece.
    11-19-2015 11:54 AM
    I have this case on my phone.
    Which one? The Evo Tactical? The Evo Check? Something else?
    11-19-2015 12:01 PM
    I use to have the Otterbox defender for my Galaxy S4 and that one seemed bulky and the holster was heavy and bulky. The Note 5 Otterbox Defender seems slimmer and the holster almost non-exsistant. I am a fan of it. The phone clicks in and out of the holster very nicely as well.
    11-19-2015 12:18 PM
    Any recommendations for an inexpensive case that offers some drop protection? ............want to see what other options are available in the under-$20 range. I know the best protection would come from the upscale cases, but I can't afford one.....

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I do want to protect my investment, but I have a beer budget.

I posted on page one you can get a knock off Otterbox Defender at a flea market for under $20. I got the fancy camo style for my Note 4 (camo retails for more than the solid colors) for $10. They are identical, and I mean precisely identical to the genuine OB Defender in construction and material. In fact, I'm thinking they're factory seconds or manufactured at the same place as the OB without logos for retailers to sell cheap such as other generic products. There isn't a logo on the case but the holster that came with it has the OB logo. Some say it's bulky but the OB Defender is among the very best for drop protection and it provides a good grip. The camo, IMO, looks pretty freakin kewl.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2015 02:04 PM
    I have the Tech 21 case and 2 days ago I dropped my phone from 5-6' on to concrete and not a single blemish or Crack. I was getting out of my truck and it just slipped out of my hand. The best thing about this case is it is super slim and easy to take off the phone.
    11-19-2015 10:07 PM
    I have the Tech 21 case and 2 days ago I dropped my phone from 5-6' on to concrete and not a single blemish or Crack
    Which Tech 21 case do you have? (there are several of them)
    11-20-2015 07:12 AM
    Which Tech 21 case do you have? (there are several of them)
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=1w0CyH_H
    11-20-2015 08:55 AM
    Thanks. I like that one too. I've been trying to find a slightly better price than retail but haven't had any luck!
    11-20-2015 09:35 AM
    Pelican Voyager........

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Gear Circle
    Samsung Gear Level
    Samsung Gear VR
    11-20-2015 09:46 PM
    Guys, the Verus High Pro Shield case is on sale right now on Amazon if anyone is interested. I ordered the blue one just because the price is so low. I still want a heavier case with more drop protection, but it doesn't hurt to have an extra case.
    11-21-2015 09:17 AM
53 123