What is free text editor that will allow you to save to device storage?

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I got a Note 5 through my work, still have my Note 3.

On the note 3, you can open text files, edit them, and then save them to device storage. This was done through application called "Text Editor" which i believe is an extension of Polaris Office 5.

When I installed "Polaris Office + pdf" from google store, I got it to open the text file, I can edit it, but now they're saying i have to upgrade my subscription in order to save it to my device as opposed to saving it to their cloud storage.

Why is it free for note 3 and not note 5? Did i download wrong app for Note 5 maybe?

Help would be appreciated, THANKS!

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I got a Note 5 through my work, still have my Note 3.

On the note 3, you can open text files, edit them, and then save them to device storage. This was done through application called "Text Editor" which i believe is an extension of Polaris Office 5.

When I installed "Polaris Office + pdf" from google store, I got it to open the text file, I can edit it, but now they're saying i have to upgrade my subscription in order to save it to my device as opposed to saving it to their cloud storage.

Why is it free for note 3 and not note 5? Did i download wrong app for Note 5 maybe?

Help would be appreciated, THANKS!

Google docs

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
For some reason it won't let me attach picture using android central app, but when I try to open the file within google docs (not drive, but actual docs app) from my downloads folder in device storage, all the files are kinda grayed out. I see the file I want, but I can't select it.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
For some reason it won't let me attach picture using android central app, but when I try to open the file within google docs (not drive, but actual docs app) from my downloads folder in device storage, all the files are kinda grayed out. I see the file I want, but I can't select it.

If you're not signed into google docs with same google email that was signed in this can happen. Or if you dont hit the keep offline in the details pane of the doc when youre online editing it. Lemme look for a diff text editor