So did Samsung remove screen mirroring capabilities on the Note 5? Trying to connect it to my Roku...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2015 04:15 PM
    No, I use screen mirroring with my roku.
    Pull down the notification shade and find the screen mirroring toggle.
    11-13-2015 04:27 PM
    No, I use screen mirroring with my roku.
    Pull down the notification shade and find the screen mirroring toggle.
    Yeah u might have to hit edit at the top if u dont see screen mirror

11-13-2015 04:40 PM
    @shark and Matt... thanks! Got it squared away

Matt Behnken likes this.
    11-13-2015 04:46 PM
    I had to reset my Samsung Note 5 to factory default. Now I don't have the "Screen Mirroring" option when I pull down the extended notification menu. "Screen Mirroring" was there when I got the phone from Roger's in December, but since I reset the phone 2 days ago, it no longer is.

I see something called "Smart View" but it won't pick up my Chromecast like the Screen Mirroring did.

I don't have a Smart TV, or access to an all access HUB.

With Screen Mirroring I was able to connect my Samsung Note 5 to my Samsung TV and mirror what was on my phone onto my TV Screen.

How can I get the "Screen MIrroring" option back?
    07-04-2016 09:41 AM
    Smart View is the screen mirroring, are you using the Chromecast app? When I had my Chromecast, the app had the screen mirroring option, I gave the Chromecast to my daughter and use the AllCast dongle now so I don't know if that option is still on the Chromecast app.
    07-04-2016 10:12 AM
    Thank you. I opened the Chromecast App and in the left drop down menu I do see a feature allowing me to "cast screen/audio." I guess I'll have to do it that way from now on. I just seems weird that resetting to factory default reset the phone to a different state than it was when I got the phone. I just don't understand why my "screen mirroring" was replaced by "Smart View." Oh well. So long as I can still mirror onto my TV I'm good with that.

Thanks for your help
    07-04-2016 03:49 PM
    I want to say that my "Screen Mirroring" button changed to "Smart View" when I did the Marshmallow update.
    07-06-2016 03:50 PM
    Yes, it did. That was the first thing I noticed with the MM upgrade.
    07-07-2016 09:09 PM
    Thank you. I opened the Chromecast App and in the left drop down menu I do see a feature allowing me to "cast screen/audio." I guess I'll have to do it that way from now on. I just seems weird that resetting to factory default reset the phone to a different state than it was when I got the phone. I just don't understand why my "screen mirroring" was replaced by "Smart View." Oh well. So long as I can still mirror onto my TV I'm good with that.

Thanks for your help
    You're welcome. I use it every night, it will spoil ya, especially with unlimited data.
    07-07-2016 09:10 PM