Hi.

Anyone hear anything about a "Note 5 Active" coming out soon?
    11-13-2015 06:51 PM
    There hasn't ever been a Note "anything" active, so I wouldn't hold your breath now.
    11-13-2015 09:18 PM
    I posted this in another community where I'm a member off, as the same question was posed there. I have been waiting for this possible phone release myself since August

This "rumor" was released into the world in August very shortly after the Note 5 was released, with the only mentioned possible change it being a 4100mAh battery. Many sites picked this up and spread stories about this, but nothing new since August.
    I have been checking with my local AT&T store, since the release was rumored for this week, but they have no news yet. I e-mailed the author of the article and his director, to see if they had updated information from their source, and no reply as of yet. Not that I was expecting one necessarily, but I figured why not try.
    I have also tried a few chat sessions with AT&T and have been told and it was confirmed multiple times by two different people that this is indeed happening. I was also told that it would have a 4100mAh battery indeed and that the person was told it would be kinda huge. But that is all I know. No specs, no details on whether it would possibly be crippled like the S6 active with only a 32GB version; and no details on a possible date.

I'll copy the reply here to my question if the person I spoke earlier to this week did indeed have correct info and if this phone would be released:
    "As I checked here about that phone, yes you are correct. But for now, here in AT&T we are not yet updated about the release date of this phone, but rest assured that we will release this phone and we will give you a feedback once this is release and when you can order one."

So that is all I know. Does anybody around here know anything more? With such a battery and with Samsung moving away from SD support, I just hope they don't release a 32Gb version only. Memory is so cheap where even 64 does not really make much more sense any longer. All these phone with huge specs should be 128GB, and nobody would whine about SD support. I'm not really worried about replaceable battery, since I have a large Jockery device that I can use if I get low, but at 4100mAh, getting low would require heavy use.

11-14-2015 05:59 PM
    Getting mixed replies from AT&T now, so going to see if Samsung can provide any info. Disappointed in AT&T's previous replies as two people pretty much confirmed it would be happening, while today's person could not find any reference on any upcoming release notes.
    11-16-2015 04:48 PM
    Keep us posted.
    11-16-2015 06:07 PM
    I don't see the point in a note 5 active. The note line is for a different user. The Samsung line has active phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2015 08:26 PM
    I don't see the point in a note 5 active. The note line is for a different user. The Samsung line has active phones.

Do you mean galaxy line?

11-16-2015 08:30 PM
    Just talked to a guy from Samsung, and he said it would be released indeed, but did not have any details as to when. He told me it was based on info they have available internally for Samsung employees only. He told me 4100mAh, 32 or 64GB memory but expandable to 128GB, 5.7" screen (super amoled) at 1440x2560. When I asked about the extendable memory he said it would not be (micro-)SD, but he claimed they could extend this at the retail stores like Best Buy. Just don't know what to think of that. I'll try again in a few days.
    11-16-2015 09:02 PM

I think people wanted a note 5, but with much more battery. A Possible Note 5 with a 4100mAh battery and a bit more able to handle the elements would not hurt. Not sure how the S-pen would impact the ability to waterproof the device, so a lot still in question there.
    11-16-2015 09:04 PM
    Do you mean galaxy line?
    Galaxy is an umbrella over the S line and the note line

11-16-2015 09:04 PM
    Any updates about the 5 Active?
    12-01-2015 08:08 PM
    Samsung has been very hard to get a hold of. Their phone support is terrible. Having a person be on hold for over an hour, to then be hung up on because they don't care about the quality of lines and equipment used by their cheap off-shore support, and you end up being hung up on more than not. I addressed these concerns to their social media team and had an escalation person contact me today. This person had no information about a Note 5 active and was not sure where this would have come from previously when I talked to Samsung. They also could not put me in contact with anybody else, because even if they had information at this point, they could not share this due to legal restrictions.

I did see however that the S6 Active is now available in 64GB, so I may look into this. It's a smaller screen and no s-pen, but I don't think I use the s-pen that much anyway. The 3500mAh battery on the S6 Active also would be larger compared to S6 or Note 5. The other option is to wait for S7, but that would be 4-5 months yet.

Bummer it's so hard to get a clear yes or no.
    12-01-2015 10:01 PM
    I posted this in another community where I'm a member off, as the same question was posed there. I have been waiting for this possible phone release myself since August

This "rumor" was released into the world in August very shortly after the Note 5 was released, with the only mentioned possible change it being a 4100mAh battery. Many sites picked this up and spread stories about this, but nothing new since August.
    I have been checking with my local AT&T store, since the release was rumored for this week, but they have no news yet. I e-mailed the author of the article and his director, to see if they had updated information from their source, and no reply as of yet. Not that I was expecting one necessarily, but I figured why not try.
    I have also tried a few chat sessions with AT&T and have been told and it was confirmed multiple times by two different people that this is indeed happening. I was also told that it would have a 4100mAh battery indeed and that the person was told it would be kinda huge. But that is all I know. No specs, no details on whether it would possibly be crippled like the S6 active with only a 32GB version; and no details on a possible date.

I'll copy the reply here to my question if the person I spoke earlier to this week did indeed have correct info and if this phone would be released:
    "As I checked here about that phone, yes you are correct. But for now, here in AT&T we are not yet updated about the release date of this phone, but rest assured that we will release this phone and we will give you a feedback once this is release and when you can order one."

So that is all I know. Does anybody around here know anything more? With such a battery and with Samsung moving away from SD support, I just hope they don't release a 32Gb version only. Memory is so cheap where even 64 does not really make much more sense any longer. All these phone with huge specs should be 128GB, and nobody would whine about SD support. I'm not really worried about replaceable battery, since I have a large Jockery device that I can use if I get low, but at 4100mAh, getting low would require heavy use.

but, you aren't getting 128GB

12-02-2015 03:07 AM
    but, you aren't getting 128GB

I know, it doesn't make sense to offer phone without SD and not have them be 128GB by default. The cost to manufacture would be peanuts and people would easily pay extra for a 128GB option.
    12-02-2015 09:53 AM
    WB, any news? I am signed up for the AT&T next program, and it was time for an upgrade in October. I like the idea of the phone being water-resistant.
    12-08-2015 11:38 AM