Handing the Note 5 down...

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
So I've recently got a new phone and I am passing the Note 5 over to my wife. I noticed something odd when I was setting the device up for her. When going through the Google account set up the device said that this handset was previously owned by another and/or registered to my Google account. I am assuming this is some sort of security features Google or Samsung has out into place.

So I had to set the device up with my Google account then remove it once the phone was up and running. I then entered in my wife's Google info and the device synced all of her info with it.

I am wondering if this would cause any issues down the road as I have never simply setup a phone with someone else's account info then simply just delete the account and enter in a new one.

Has anyone done this before? What was your experience?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You can remove it from your Google account. Open up Google on an Internet browser, in the upper right, sign into your Google account if you're not already signed in. Then tap your avatar in the upper right corner and select "my account". On the next screen under sign in and security select device activity and notifications. On the next screen you can view devices attached to your account and remove any that you do not want on your account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol