Unable to use convert handwritten words to text

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I find it odd that my handwritten entries using the S-pen wasn't translating to text at all no matter what app I was using. Noticed this happened after I installed the Samsung Pay app. Had to reboot the note 5 to get it to work again. Anyone had the same experience? So far everything is good.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Anywhere you enter text has this function if you're using the Samsung keyboard.
Mine stops working periodically as well and I have to reboot to get it back.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No need to use the samsung keyboard. If you hover the S-Pen over a text field (in most apps, anyways), a little blue circle will show up. If you click on it, a big writing area will pop up. It doesn't work everywhere like the samsung writing "keyboard" does, but I prefer the functionality of this method, and it allows me to use swiftkey for regular typing.SmartSelectImage_2015-11-16-19-06-15.jpg

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No need to use the samsung keyboard. If you hover the S-Pen over a text field (in most apps, anyways), a little blue circle will show up. If you click on it, a big writing area will pop up. It doesn't work everywhere like the samsung writing "keyboard" does, but I prefer the functionality of this method, and it allows me to use swiftkey for regular typing.

I'm aware of this and it has some cool features for editing your writing, but it still doesn't always work for me and to make it work I have to reboot.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware of this and it has some cool features for editing your writing, but it still doesn't always work for me and to make it work I have to reboot.

Ah ok. I thought you were talking about the handwriting recognition in the Samsung Keyboard (pictured below). I'm not sure if both screen writing options use the same API. I know the option I discussed earlier has some occasional problems converting to text. Like wayyyyyyy off of what I actually wrote. But other times it deciphers my chicken-scratch flawlessly.

Screenshot_2015-11-16-21-12-32-1.jpg

JohnnytheK

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean the "direct pen input", in settings under "s-pen"

75ec17a176f2852c4fe4e4976eef311f.jpg

it seems to work most places. I just wrote this kinda slow with word suggestion though .
Ok now word suggestion off, much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair