Changing Ringtones

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This should be simple, but I cannot get to the system ringtones. when I go to the ringtone entry under settings, it starts out at /storage/emulated/0/notifications
When I hit the back arrow, then it goes back a level in the directory structure. Hitting the back arrow one more time takes me to an icon that looks like an SD card, labeled with a 0. I cannot go any farther back from there and I can't get to the list of the ringtones that come on the phone. I know they are in the system directory, yet the system directory does not show anywhere, so how can I get to it to change the tone if it is hidden from me?.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're tring to get there through storage, or files browsing.

Settings >> Sounds and Notifications >> Ringtones and Sounds >> Ringtone.

That should bring up the list of ringtones...

ETA... you may need to go to Device once in settings, as that's the default location for Sounds and Notifications... I just added it to my quick settings list.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're tring to get there through storage, or files browsing.

Settings >> Sounds and Notifications >> Ringtones and Sounds >> Ringtone.

That should bring up the list of ringtones...

ETA... you may need to go to Device once in settings, as that's the default location for Sounds and Notifications... I just added it to my quick settings list.

That is what I am using, but it is going to a different directory that must have come over from my old phone. It is giving me a directory list as if it is going through a file browser, but I am honestly tapping the sequence you stated.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I figured it out. Apparently, when I first went in to set ringtones after I set the phone up, I chose ES file explorer to complete the action and it set it up as the default. I cleared it and it is working now. Your comment gave me the direction I needed to go. Thanks!