How can I fix a GPU problem on my Note 5?

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
gpu problem on note5

Hello everyone.i recently bought Note5 as my second phone and im encountering huge lags while gaming.i always keep my ram free as possible dont even open more than 4*apps*atonce.and*games have really low graphics compared to my other phone 6S Plus.

Asphalt 8:lags but playable*
Modern combat 4-5:Huge lag unplayable
Gta san andreas:hug lag even on lowest settings unplayable
Dead trigger 1-2:no lag
Sky force:no lag
Gangster Vegas:small lag but really bad graphics(on very high)
Dead effect 2:medium lag
Mortal kombat x:no lag
Marvel contest of champions:no lag
Brothers in arms 2:medium to high lag almost unplayable

I fell like that my gpu is not working the way it should.

Is there a fix to this problem???if there isn't ill just buy a Z5.

Last night i read on XDA that samsung has this thing called fovs(i think)that limits the gpu functionality in order to save battery and keep the phone from over heating.

My antutu is about 65000.

If any info about my phone is needed just say and ill answer right away.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: gpu problem on note5

Hello everyone.i recently bought Note5 as my second phone and im encountering huge lags while gaming.i always keep my ram free as possible dont even open more than 4*apps*atonce.and*games have really low graphics compared to my other phone 6S Plus.

Asphalt 8:lags but playable*
Modern combat 4-5:Huge lag unplayable
Gta san andreas:hug lag even on lowest settings unplayable
Dead trigger 1-2:no lag
Sky force:no lag
Gangster Vegas:small lag but really bad graphics(on very high)
Dead effect 2:medium lag
Mortal kombat x:no lag
Marvel contest of champions:no lag
Brothers in arms 2:medium to high lag almost unplayable

I fell like that my gpu is not working the way it should.

Is there a fix to this problem???if there isn't ill just buy a Z5.

Last night i read on XDA that samsung has this thing called fovs(i think)that limits the gpu functionality in order to save battery and keep the phone from over heating.

My antutu is about 65000.

If any info about my phone is needed just say and ill answer right away.

Go into your power or screen or energy saver settings and see if there are any options to set it for "Performance" instead of balanced. Try rebooting and only opening that one game and see if that's an issue.

Also, try a little less intense graphics settings and see if that's the issue. I doubt you'll notice the difference between 2k resolution and 1080P, and that should make a difference!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! That's good advice. Also, if you have some "RAM booster" installed, try uninstalling it. Those apps can actually cause performance issues, for example if they keep trying to close apps that are automatically opening in RAM. Android wants to keep RAM relatively full, so if you have a RAM booster that's fighting it, it might get into a cycle of app closing-opening-closing-opening, which ultimately uses CPU and battery.

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

There is no battery mode (performance-balanced-... )removed the ram cleaner apps no difference---downloaded game tuner perfomance just got worse.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Just to make sure it's a genuine Note5 and not a clone/knockoff, install and run CPU-Z to make sure it has the correct processor hardware listed (unless AnTuTu does this as well).

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

For some reason i cant send pictures android central app stoppes working it has Samsung exynos octa 7420 2.10 GHz.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you able to compare the performance on your Note5 with someone else's Note5? If the problem is exclusive to your unit, contact your wireless store or Samsung for a replacement.

geoffjam78

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

What about going into DFU mode or whatever it's called, and clear the cache? Not sure if that would help.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

First DFU is an ios thing
Second my device doesn't have warranty
Third no ond i know has a note5.

Where did you get this phone that it doesn't have a warranty? I'm wondering if someone didn't sell you a Note 5 knock off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol