Looking for a car mount that doesn't involve a suction cup. I'd prefer something that can stick on a vent any suggestions and pictures would be great.
    11-18-2015 08:28 AM
    I plan on getting this one

Kenu - Kenu
    mclarryjr likes this.
    11-18-2015 08:35 AM

Im sold just saw the video
    mhunter6378 and mclarryjr like this.
    11-18-2015 08:55 AM
    Looking for a car mount that doesn't involve a suction cup. I'd prefer something that can stick on a vent any suggestions and pictures would be great.
    I got this: TechMatte® MagGrip

Makes it quick and easy to stick my phone up for display -- and very quickly take it off when I get out of the car. No fussing with anything.
    11-18-2015 08:59 AM
    11-18-2015 09:12 AM
    Did you have to put a magnetic piece to the back of your phone or case???
    11-18-2015 09:13 AM
    I got this: TechMatte® MagGrip

Makes it quick and easy to stick my phone up for display -- and very quickly take it off when I get out of the car. No fussing with anything.
    11-18-2015 09:13 AM
    If you use a typical case the magnet gets placed in between the phone and the case backing. You can stick the magnet directly to the phone if you want to -- but I don't want to.
    11-18-2015 09:19 AM
    I just ordered this:

Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Magic 360 Degree Universal Air Vent Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6S/6 Plus/5S/5C, Galaxy Note 4/3, Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge/5/4: Cell Phones & Accessories

I like that it will swivel and you can adjust the angle of the phone once mounted to the vent.
    11-18-2015 10:11 AM
    I like that it will swivel and you can adjust the angle of the phone once mounted to the vent.
    I'm pretty sure they all swivel. Mine does. I think the "360 Degree" feature might be a bit of a gimmick. You'll either want your phone to be at 90 degrees or 180 degrees. That's about it.
    11-18-2015 10:36 AM
    You have to consider those magnetic mounts if you use wireless charging. The larger metal plate they recommend to go between case and phone will block that connection. I use the smaller plate with mine and found the sweet spot, about an inch and a quarter up from the bottom. It sticks nicely to my car mag mount and still charges on the QI pads.
    11-18-2015 11:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure they all swivel. Mine does. I think the "360 Degree" feature might be a bit of a gimmick. You'll either want your phone to be at 90 degrees or 180 degrees. That's about it.
    I think swivel was the wrong term. I like that it will tilt and adjust to any angle I need. It looked like the other vent mounts I looked at could only rotate the phone. This has the ball adjustment that gave it a bit more flexibility.
    11-18-2015 01:22 PM
    I've been using this one for a few weeks and it is fantastic. I am using the vent clip mount. You can tilt the holder quite a bit for best placement, then lock it down.
    Can't beat the wireless charging too.
    Amazon.com: ZeroEdge Qi Wireless Car Charger with Triple-Coil Stand: Electronics
    11-18-2015 01:36 PM

Kenu - Kenu
    Just placed my order... thanks for sharing
    mhunter6378 likes this.
    11-18-2015 02:27 PM
    Look into this item. It works really well and they have plenty of other options than just a car mount. It is worth very penny.

https://www.niteize.com/collection/S...ce-Holders.asp

Galaxy Note 5 and what not
    11-19-2015 03:39 AM
    I've used the Kenu Airframe mount from its introduction, and recently had to upgrade to the Kenu Airframe+ after getting the Note 5 (original Airframe was too small for the Note with my case...it actually still works on a naked Note 5).

I would say that I have been super happy with the Kenu Airframe (and Airframe+). The only thing you need to be super sensitive about is making sure that you have sturdy vents... I got into a friend's car and brought my Airframe with me, and when I pressed the Airframe into their vents, the vent blade collapsed!!! His vents were louvered vents attached to the vent assembly by two plastic "pins" that went into two indented holes, and one of the plastic pins broke...

I was super embarrassed... I would be pissed if it happened in my own car... I was even more upset and embarrassed having broke someone else's vents!!! I offered to replace the vents (which I think was a couple of hundred dollars if I recall correctly), but he is not an anal car guy and told me not to worry about it...

So lesson learned... Be careful... I continue to use my Airframe every single day on my cars... One of my cars has fixed vents that don't swivel and are very sturdy...so I am not worried about that car... But with other vents, just be careful....
    11-19-2015 08:59 AM
    Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

IMHO the best car mounts available. They are made especially for your make/model of car and then the second piece is made specifically for your phone. Put one of these in my wife's car and it looks like a stock feature.
    Oscar Maradiaga and daves221 like this.
    11-19-2015 09:46 AM
    I use this device - fits perfectly
    iOttie Easy Flex 3 Car Mount Holder Desk Stand - Test review youtube
    12-09-2015 12:44 PM
    Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

IMHO the best car mounts available. They are made especially for your make/model of car and then the second piece is made specifically for your phone. Put one of these in my wife's car and it looks like a stock feature.
    Exactly. If you want a built in look, this is it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 01:19 PM
    I had one a few years ago that used the CD slot. Nice alternative to suction-cup based mounts, but not great if there's buttons or displays above your car's CD player.
    12-09-2015 08:45 PM

Kenu - Kenu
    Got the knock off from Walgreens for 6 dollars. Fits my note 5 with caseology case

12-09-2015 11:14 PM
    This is my favorite, and I've tried many:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J...2SL&ref=plSrch

daves221 likes this.
    12-12-2015 03:04 AM
    Just placed my order... thanks for sharing
    Did you guys read the description? It's for the phones with up to 5" screen. You might be disappointed.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5
    12-12-2015 12:16 PM
    Did you guys read the description? It's for the phones with up to 5" screen. You might be disappointed.

How so? None of the phones now are wider than 5', they may be taller but not wider.
    12-12-2015 12:31 PM

I was a little disappointed, it would fit the phone but with a case on. I did then order the plus size and that will fit the Note with any size case. Now the first one will be a Christmas gift for someone.
    12-12-2015 12:54 PM