Best minimal case for Note 5

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I HATE CASES WITH A PASSION.
But do to recent events having my note 5 fall and crack the glass back I'm not taking that chance again. So i want a case that doesn't raise from the front i recently bought this spigen and I dont like how it feels when I type. It leaves an indent on my pinky and starts to cut into my skin. I need a case that doesnt raise the front with the bulk. I want something that doesnt feel like a case is being used. Any suggestions would be great with pictures.71YKEW7RR2L._SX522_.jpg61yqq3BHCXL._SL1000_.jpg

JessePinkman

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Caseology Vault series case on Saturday and am loving it so far. I can't post link/pictures at work but it's easily found for ~$15 on Amazon. It pretty much fits the bill for exactly what you're looking for.

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of the spigen case, it's all gel and will turn yellow after a while, the one i listed is a TPU but has the metal sides and just looks and feels much better and won't turn yellow, i actually had the case spigen case and dumped it for the versus case i posted a link to...

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Not a fan of the spigen case, it's all gel and will turn yellow after a while, the one i listed is a TPU but has the metal sides and just looks and feels much better and won't turn yellow, i actually had the case spigen case and dumped it for the versus case i posted a link to...

The spigen is TPU. No yellowing here. It's also cheaper.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
By far, the Ringke SLIM case is my go-to minimalist case... Absolutely no drop protection, but will protect the device from scratches and fingerprints... Also has a very small raised screen lip to protect against face-plant drops (which pretty much becomes no screenlip and no protection if you are rocking a tempered glass screen protector). I also like it because it has absolutely no screen bezel, so you have the benefit of using a "naked" screen with at least some protection from scratches and fingerprints...

I would say that I use the Ringke SLIM case about 50% of the time... The other 50% of the time, I split between 2 Verus cases that add more bulk (but not much) and provide better drop protection and screen "face-plant" protection...

It's crazy how thin this case is...

71-1pPQZbdL._SL1500_.jpg

CMSevilla

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't sound like he used a case at all, so theoretically, a case is better than no case. I've dropped mine on a slim TPU case and it was fine, but after I dropped it again I realized I was obviously being careless so I got a Commuter.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
By far, the Ringke SLIM case is my go-to minimalist case... Absolutely no drop protection, but will protect the device from scratches and fingerprints... Also has a very small raised screen lip to protect against face-plant drops (which pretty much becomes no screenlip and no protection if you are rocking a tempered glass screen protector). I also like it because it has absolutely no screen bezel, so you have the benefit of using a "naked" screen with at least some protection from scratches and fingerprints...

I would say that I use the Ringke SLIM case about 50% of the time... The other 50% of the time, I split between 2 Verus cases that add more bulk (but not much) and provide better drop protection and screen "face-plant" protection...

It's crazy how thin this case is...

View attachment 206408

Ah...sorry... Re-read the OP post... This case would not work for you since you are buying a case to avoid your previous experience with dropping the phone...

Good luck... Drop protection and "minimalist" design have an inverse relationship...

My "go-to" cases that I think are a good trade-off between size and drop protection are the Verus High Pro Shield and the Verus Verge cases... I also like the Vault series from Caseology...

I like the buttons on the Verus cases better than the hard rubber injection molded buttons of the Caseology Vault... The buttons on the Vault are harder to press, while the Verus buttons are like real buttons (and depress very easily...maybe too easily for some)...

Images of all cases mentioned below...

Verus High Pro Shield in Electric Blue
71rD7rMVa2L._SL1500_.jpg

Verus Verge in Military Green
71w15ivfKIL._SL1500_.jpg

Caseology Vault
81L4pOo14OL._SL1500_.jpg

OldCookie

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Listen to me. I've tried all the cases listed here. If you're looking for a thin case that isnt made for drop protection, but scratch protection, Spigen thin fit, exact fit case is the best out there, in terms of thin factor, look, and protection.

Just like you, I hate cases and never drop my phone. I only wanted something to protect the back but did not like vinyl wrap type protection like d brand skins. So thinnest possible cases was what I wanted.

I'm using the Spigen thin fit case.
Thinnest, looks the best in design, scratch protection on back. And it's just thin, it's awesome. The power and volume buttons areexposed. Which leaves the metallic bumper exposed and it looks quite nice.

Only bad thing about this case is it leaves oil stains or finger prints due to the material of the case. It's not that bad, but it is slightly noticeable, but also easily wiped down.

The next best thin case I recommend is the diztronic case.

What's different about this one is that it wraps around the whole phone and does not leave oil stains because of material. Bad side to this imo, it doesn't look as good and it isn't as thin. Like the spigen thin case, it does not offer drop protection, if any, to the lowest degree.

I recommend those two cases with the main deciding factors; thin factor, design/look and, material/stains.

If you are looking into thick cases, I recommend the Caseology vault series. Feels very nice and premium. I would have picked this one if it wasn't so thick.

Disregard the reviews on some thin/thick cases. Some people don't understand that there are different type of cases out there. Drop protection cases which will be thick. And thin cases, which essentially is just to protect the phone from scratches or nakedness. And then there's the ones in the middle which I call are identity crisis cases.

Avoid clear, invisible, silicone or whatever those cases are called. Those will probably yellow over time, reveal dust, and are just tacky looking imo.

Hope it helps

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't sound like he used a case at all, so theoretically, a case is better than no case. I've dropped mine on a slim TPU case and it was fine, but after I dropped it again I realized I was obviously being careless so I got a Commuter.

Your correct i never used a case but after having droppes it on concrete by accident and watching the aftermath. I have to go with a case. But i hate the lip raised over the phone its annoying and just completely hides the phone period. The case im looking for i just want it to be thing and no lip st this point I'm about to go caseless again and just have told make sure i dont let this phone slip out of my pocket again.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Your correct i never used a case but after having droppes it on concrete by accident and watching the aftermath. I have to go with a case. But i hate the lip raised over the phone its annoying and just completely hides the phone period. The case im looking for i just want it to be thing and no lip st this point I'm about to go caseless again and just have told make sure i dont let this phone slip out of my pocket again.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
There has to be a happy medium, right? Not too thin, so it provides some drop protection. But not too thick that it's too bulky. Doesn't this case exist for the Note 5 ??

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I love tge Ringke Fusion smoke. It looks good with the phone and its got a charger and headphone port cover.

Oh and its not slippery to hold too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome