Anyone use a Holster with their Note 5 ?

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone use a Holster with their Note 5 phone? If so...

1. How weird is it?
2. How uncomfortable is it?
3. How embarrassing is it?
4. Does the phone feel better Vertical or Horizontal?

Yes, I'm serious, I really do want to know. :)

Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to use something for when I'm at work, usually go with the Otterbox Defender because of that. I've grown tired of the size increase caused with defender cases and recently switched to the Urban Armor Gear case (UAG) but still needed a way to carry my phone. So I got one of these Smartphone Holsters the model 300 is the one I got and while pricey for what it is, I really like it.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have used a holster with every smartphone I've owned since my Treo.

It isn't weird, uncomfortable, or embarrassing.
I always carry it horizontally.

KsilverFlagger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the Otterbox defender series case and holster on my Note 5.
1. It's not weird for me.
2. I have not had any real discomfort caused by it.
3. It's my phone, it's what I need to carry, the only embarrassing part about it is that it occasionally rattles on my belt if I'm walking quickly or running.
4. I personally carry it vertically, I've not tried it horizontally, perhaps that will help with the rattle when I'm at speed. I'll give it a try and report back.
*UPDATE*
carrying horizontally did not have an effect on the rattling issue. I've recently switched to an incipio, with a generic leatherette pouch that I found at Wal Mart

Last edited:

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have used a holster with every smartphone I've owned since my Treo.

It isn't weird, uncomfortable, or embarrassing.
I always carry it horizontally.

I agree!

I buy premium leather belt clip holsters on Ebay for around eight bucks each and find them protective, comfortable and easy to use and wear.

I'm outside a lot running and fast walking and it's easy to clip the holster to my shorts or pants.

Many on the forums, mostly from the much younger generation think it's uncool to wear a belt holster.

Well... many experienced folks think it's uncomfortable, unsafe and just plain weird to stuff a phone in one's front or back pocket.

I just ordered an Otterbox Commuter with ballistic glass for my premium leather holster.

I've done it for years and quite frankly, it works really well!

YMMV.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Many on the forums, mostly from the much younger generation think it's uncool to wear a belt holster. Well... many experienced folks think it's uncomfortable, unsafe and just plain weird to stuff a phone in one's front or back pocket.
I can assure you I'm MUCH more in the "experienced folks" camp than the "much younger generation." :) But I've always kept my iPhone in my front pocket and I've yet to use a holster.

just ordered an Otterbox Commuter with ballistic glass for my premium leather holster.
I'm considering getting the Commuter case (or the Defender if I decide to use a holster). Let us know how you like it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Let's all calm down and not go into personal attacks. It's just not needed or wanted.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I use a holster with mine when I'm walking the dogs and occasionally running errands. I could care less what it looks like. Mine is horizontal and doesn't get in the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I use a holster when at work. I drive alot & it's a pain to dig your phone out of a pocket while driving. I've used dozens of holsters over the years and I prefer vertical. I've found it extremely difficult to get a holster that fits correctly and it well made. Most have a rotating belt clip that wears out quickly. I never rotate mine so I like a fixed belt clip. For my Note 5 I discovered this Turtleback holster that fits perfect with a slim case and is very well made. Fixed belt clip also! I like it so well, I plan on buying a couple more for backups. This is the best holster I've found!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0145...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4845848

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up the Pelican Voyager and I love it! Great case, not too bulky.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level
Samsung Gear VR

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site

geoffjam78

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the defender right now. I wear it horizontally and have no issues. I like the Amzer plastic case and holster combo too.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

Between the Otterbox Defender and the Pelican Yoyager, anyone know which one is LESS bulky on the Note 5? I can't find them both together in a store to compare.

Thanks!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
NOTE 5 , GALAXY S6 edge+ 5.7'' screen , NOTE 4 , NOTE 3 , NOTE EDGE ~ Plus Size Pouch Case Rugged Holster Nylon...
by AIScell
$29.85$7.95+ $3.98 shipping
Only 19 left in stock - order soon.
3.8 out of 5 stars

Try this case. I've used the one made for my LG G3, and i'll get this one, as soon as i get my Note 5.:p
It's sold on Amazon.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
When I get to work on Monday I will compare, there are about 4 note 5's with Defenders on them at work, but from having hold the defender in my hand, I think the Pelican Voyager is thinner.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level
Samsung Gear VR

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use a holster. Its not weird at all. Its comfortable unless im about to drive then it gets in the way of the seatbelt but thats with all holsters. I rock mine horizontally. This is the one i have. And i have to give the case some propts. I was on public bus a couple days ago. And the bus took a sharp turn on a hill which pretty much caused all the passengers on the left to fly towards the right. I had to think quick and grabbed my toddler at the same time that my phone flew out of my hand hit the seat across from me then bounced on the floor and slid under some seats. The noise was so loud that a couple passengers gasped. I was more worried about catching my baby and not falling on my face. F*** the phone (mommy mode). When i finally retrieved my phone. Not a scratch or chip.. maybe the note is that durable. Who knows. Im using this case with the tempered glass screen protector too.

ec7a2560f880a52170b849c0b62cd77d.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR