Hey everybody! I just picked up my VZW N5 64gb today! I'm really enjoying it, but I'm curious about what everyone has done to make their experience more enjoyable for them. I've uninstalled all the bloatware that I could and disabled a few that I knew I would never use. I know there are more I could probably disable, just haven't looked into them yet. I've got cases picked out and currently learning more about the S-Pen functions. Though, I've got a lot more to learn about it! I love the size and I got a Galaxy Tab S. Obviously I have tons of questions, but the big ones would be:

What did you do to make your experience better when you first got the phone?

Any tips or tricks for someone new to the Galaxy family? Especially when owning a phone and tablet.

Any favorite apps out there? I'm looking for a new News/Blog reader (I was using Pulse, but that's going away at the end of the year). But I'm always down for recommendations on other types of apps!

Great places for backgrounds?

Anything else you'd like to add? :-D

I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks so much for reading!
    11-19-2015 04:20 PM
    Use package disabler pro... Use the feature to disable all bloat and check more that's needed and then go back to the disabled list of apps and recheck apps that you need on...

It's a few in particular that I needed on... One ended with appBar... This handles multi window settings

One was all the wifi direct options

Any bluetooth services...

I'm huge on s note so if you use it then u want to turn those on as well...

Then you are set...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2015 04:24 PM
    Hey everybody! I just picked up my VZW N5 64gb today! I'm really enjoying it, but I'm curious about what everyone has done to make their experience more enjoyable for them. I've uninstalled all the bloatware that I could and disabled a few that I knew I would never use. I know there are more I could probably disable, just haven't looked into them yet. I've got cases picked out and currently learning more about the S-Pen functions. Though, I've got a lot more to learn about it! I love the size and I got a Galaxy Tab S. Obviously I have tons of questions, but the big ones would be:

What did you do to make your experience better when you first got the phone?

Any tips or tricks for someone new to the Galaxy family? Especially when owning a phone and tablet.

Any favorite apps out there? I'm looking for a new News/Blog reader (I was using Pulse, but that's going away at the end of the year). But I'm always down for recommendations on other types of apps!

Great places for backgrounds?

Anything else you'd like to add? :-D

I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks so much for reading!
    1st change themes in phone settings, then when you're bored of them download nova launcher and an icon pack. Setup the svoice app wakeup command from sleep. Name it something funny like, my bi**h.

Watch a few youtube vids on note5 spen and tips closely. There are some very cool features. The built in photo editor in the stock gallery is awesome to learn. Also s health stock app is useful and implements the heart rate monitor and more. I use a wallet case to bring 1 debit 1 drivers license and samsungpay with me, no wallet. Other cards from my old wallet are in the stock app beep and go. Check out galaxy app store app for samsung exclusives, optical reader is great great and improves the spen. Sidesync app is flawless and works well to see ur note5 on TabS screen and control it just like the phone was in ur hand.

Google play App store wise try searching for apps with Parallax in the name, very cool backgrounds. fav widget is app dialer pro for the T9 widget, no more searching through a bunch of app squares. Many people download beautiful widgets or similar. Obviously i could go on all day but ill save u the time .

Posted via the Android Central App
    trucky likes this.
    11-19-2015 07:14 PM