Have your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 fingerprint stopped working from time to time?
    11-19-2015 10:31 PM
    My fingerprint reader has been solid. Really no complaints.

Note in my house!!!
    11-19-2015 11:40 PM
    Mine works 100 percent

Posted via Note5
    11-19-2015 11:47 PM
    No Problems here.
    Works like it was designed to.
    One thing that I have noticed is that if your fingers have moisture on them, the fingerprint reader cannot read your finger print accurately.
    TV417 likes this.
    11-19-2015 11:47 PM
    I have never had mine fail. Could you possibly have installed a third party app that restricted the permissions of your scanner?
    11-20-2015 05:02 AM
    No Problems here.
    Works like it was designed to.
    One thing that I have noticed is that if your fingers have moisture on them, the fingerprint reader cannot read your finger print accurately.
    ^^ this exactly..Otherwise perfect...

Not as fast as the new iph or 6p but improved over the s6 and miles ahead of the previous s5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    OceanView likes this.
    11-20-2015 08:54 AM
    Mine works like a champ. Fast and accurate. Couldn't ask for more.
    11-20-2015 08:59 AM
    I've had no real issues. It doesn't work as well as Apple's but it is a huge improvement over the Note 4. I'm having pretty much no issues now that I've done 2 sets of a thumb and finger instead of 4 different digits.
    11-20-2015 09:10 AM
    I've had no real issues. It doesn't work as well as Apple's but it is a huge improvement over the Note 4. I'm having pretty much no issues now that I've done 2 sets of a thumb and finger instead of 4 different digits.
    I have seen a couple of ppl say it doesn't work as well as Apple but I don't understand. Mine works 100% of the time unless I do something wrong. Faulty units maybe? I have only seen a couple of ppl say that so it leads me to believe it may be something they are doing?
    11-20-2015 09:41 AM
    Mine wouldn't read after I washed dishes by hand, lol. My hands were dry but I guess the moisture puffed up my print so that it was not the same as a dry print would be. I have four digits enrolled and none would read.

So, don't wash your hands or do dishes!
    11-20-2015 09:56 AM
    Mine wouldn't read after I washed dishes by hand, lol. My hands were dry but I guess the moisture puffed up my print so that it was not the same as a dry print would be. I have four digits enrolled and none would read.

So, don't wash your hands or do dishes!
    Just make sure to thoroughly dry your hands...
    11-20-2015 03:03 PM
    With mine, compared to my wife's 6s, I just find the iPhone is faster. I have to leave my finger on for a good beat before it registers on my phone, while the iPhone feels more instantaneous

11-20-2015 03:57 PM
    I haven't had any problems.

I had an issue today where it took it off completely. Any security.

I think my finger was just cold. Then I couldn't remember my backup password (never have to use it), so I logged in with my Google account. After that I just had to swipe in. After trying it twice I reset my finger print and it's been fine and locked.

Otherwise like the others, wet fingers don't work at all.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    11-20-2015 08:27 PM
    Just for clarity, wet fingers don't work on the iPhone with Touch ID either.

Note in my house!!!
    11-20-2015 10:28 PM
    N5 is my first phone with a fingerprint scanner.
    For me:
    - I scanned my right thumb twice and my right index twice
    - When setting up my prints, I make sure to put the phone in the position it will be in when I actually do a scan. For instance, phone in my left hand for my thumb - which is scanned sideways, and on a flat surface for my index finger.
    - I've gotten better at being a bit more consistent in the way I use the scanner

With those points, I find my N5 is 100% accurate and very fast - all the time.
    robert_paul and OceanView like this.
    11-21-2015 07:17 AM
    ^^^^Yes, I did the same. Registered with different angles so that the unlock works if I'm holding phone in other vectors that just vertical. Having used the iPhone and Note 4 scanners, I think the Note 5 scanner is quite good and on par with iPhone.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    11-21-2015 09:26 AM
    Mine has been great. I had a iPhone 6 plus, and I think it's just as responsive. My friend has a 6s plus and actually complains that the his scanner is too quick, and when he just wants to wake the phone up it completely unlocks.

11-21-2015 10:02 AM
    Mine has been great. I had a iPhone 6 plus, and I think it's just as responsive. My friend has a 6s plus and actually complains that the his scanner is too quick, and when he just wants to wake the phone up it completely unlocks.

That was my experience also.

Note in my house!!!
    11-21-2015 02:56 PM
    I have not had any problems with the fingerprint scanner and find it is very quick. I had the Motorola Atrix, which was probably the first Android phone with a fingerprint scanner (on the back). Now that was an unreliable experience.

11-21-2015 03:34 PM
    I had an issue this morning with the thumb scanner. Normally it works fine but I must have had wet fingers even after drying. The fingerprint scanner won't accept my print, I Can't remember my passcode and it won't accept my google account info. Any thoughts?
    11-25-2015 11:05 AM
    I don't think orientation matters. Try unlocking 180 degrees from normal orientation and it still works the same.
    11-25-2015 06:19 PM
    I had a problem when I switched to the Pelican Voyager case, but as soon as I double scanned my finger, it works great.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Gear Circle
    Samsung Gear Level
    Samsung Gear VR
    11-25-2015 06:58 PM
    I had a problem last night. Wouldn't recognize my print. Wouldn't take my code. Then kept going dark before I could put in my whole google id. Had to restart the phone several times to get it to stay on long enough to log in. Since then it has been fine, but less than one day. I have been considering switching to the iphone. My wife got the 6s and I find it is less glitchy. And my battery drains much faster than hers when on idle. What the heck???
    12-05-2015 05:10 PM