01-29-2016 01:35 PM
104 1234 ...
tools
    Ok, so I'm 7 Note 5's in;switched from Att to Sprint over Att horrible customer service in this fiasco, and I think I found an answer at least it's worked for me thus far. I changed my launcher from TouchWiz to ZenUI and it has operated perfectly for 24 hours. I haven't had more than an hour of perfect operation in 2 months and 7 phones worth of Note 5's,so I'm assuming this worked. Must be a TouchWiz thing; if I have issues again, I will try the Samsung Pay next
    12-20-2015 08:41 PM
    It is definitely Samsung Pay. I was having the same issue and uninstalled Samsung Pay and it worked.
    tkpc621 likes this.
    12-21-2015 02:53 PM
    Sorry y'all. It came back again. Unfortunately I have to wait for a week to try yet another phone. My suspicions are NFC and Samsung Pay framework which you can not fully uninstall. Although I did go back to TouchWiz because of Nova's RAM demand and Google Keyboard before it happened. I have a week to experiment with those so I'll let you know if staying with Nova and away from Google Keyboard helps. Also I'm wondering if notifications play a part. In ANY case, the damn phone should just work. Especially since we are talking about Apps that are stock with the phone. Good luck and Happy Holidays.
    tkpc621 likes this.
    12-21-2015 03:36 PM
    4 gb of ram and not enough for Nova? I've run Nova on less than 1 gb ram. In fact I've always used Nova. I don't use Samsung Pay and don't have it installed so I know nothing about that but Note 5 has lots of ram. Between the bluetooth issues and this issue just when I decide the scrounge and save to buy a used one I think I'd be taking on somebody else's problem.
    12-21-2015 11:35 PM
    After everything and Nova running, it SAYS 1gb of free ram, but it sure as **** doesn't feel like it. I would NOT recommend buying this phone without a warranty. Or at least a 20-30 day return policy as that when the problem manifests. Also my Bluetooth is beginning to deteriorate on this phone as well. I'll get back to y'all once I have my new (5th Note 5) replacement.
    12-22-2015 01:12 PM
    The weird upper left screen unresponsiveness is happening to me too, but not my brother...this is really annoying
    12-22-2015 01:56 PM
    The weird upper left screen unresponsiveness is happening to me too, but not my brother...this is really annoying
    If I use Droid Optimizer and kill all apps the top left of my screen works again without a reboot. It is definitely some app glitch and not a hardware glitch.
    12-22-2015 02:42 PM
    I was having the exact same issue, I deactivated and force closed Web view background app and problem solved temporarily :/

After that, I uninstalled T-Mobile My Account program and problem solved :S

Note 5 T-Mobile X 2
    12-23-2015 05:01 AM
    What's odd is that it's the upper left hand corner in portrait and lanscape

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2015 09:48 AM
    I also agree there is some kind of software issue going on here. I was having trouble maintaining my BT connection to my watch. Seems I was lucky to get 3 feet away and I wasn't even connected to any Wi-Fi! . After reading this thread I decided to try an experiment. Keeping in mind that I'm at work with no Wi-Fi source, I turned off the Wi-Fi on my phone and walked out of my office. Lo and behold, I was able to get considerably further away from my phone before my watch signaled it had lost the connection. How about it Samsung. Could really use a fix for this.
    12-23-2015 10:03 AM
    I used the Droid optimizer as well and it also instantly fixed the issue.

12-23-2015 01:10 PM
    Samsung needs to get their act together . I do find it odd that the problem happens in both landscape and portrait . When I was first troubleshooting I switched themes back to stock and that momentarily fixed it . There is some inherent conflict with touch wiz and a running process /app . Looks like I will be ordering a nexus 6p for my android fix . Too bad I am bored with my iPhone 6s Plus as it is flawless as a device .
    12-23-2015 03:26 PM
    Well I had a Verizon note 4 for a year and never had this issue. Have an att note 4 for a week and now I'm dealing with it as well. Power off and on seems to fix it for awhile. Annoying

12-23-2015 07:11 PM
    I've tried everything. No single app seems to solve it. Thanks to the earlier posters who suggested Droid Optimizer, the Background Apps clear out works everytime, even though every app it 'clears out' I've run the phone without and had the problem nonetheless. But its the only thing that keeps working. Worth downloading and running if you have this problem.
    12-25-2015 05:13 PM
    Same problem on a Verizon note 5. With TouchWiz and Nova. Appeared to happen more often with a Debloater app than if I just ran it with all the bloat installed.

I have the Samsung Pay setup and updated as well. It's pretty hard to recreate but I'll try disabling it next time it happens and provide confirmation.
    12-26-2015 02:09 AM
    I'm trying it now. Hopefully it'll solve the problem for me. Thanks

12-26-2015 11:21 AM
    I have a Verizon note 5. I use nova launcher and samsung pay, and no problems so far

12-26-2015 01:29 PM
    As the original poster I feel I should clarify for others, this is a screen responsiveness issue that appears to be software based and not widespread. It mostly happens in the upper left hand corner and migrates from portrait and landscape when it occurs. Simple restart fixes it, yet there appears to be no permanent cure despite MANY efforts others and I have made (please dont say it's the apps). The Droid Optimizer stop Background Apps option is the only thing that continues to fix it consistently. I'm currently on my 5th phone with the problem and despite running it in Safe Mode, bare of all non essential apps, and a host of other methods the problem returns. This thread is the 1st I've heard of others having the problem. I think it's more prevalent than Samsung or carriers realize and is based around the NFC, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay software and frameworks (which can't be completely removed).
    12-26-2015 02:58 PM
    I've had the same issue with the top left of the screen, good to know it's probably not a hardware issue. Only happened a couple times in the 2 months I've had the phone.

12-26-2015 03:07 PM
    I have a Nexus 6 and this only started happening to me a few months ago.
    It happens once a day now and was only once a week before.
    I'll try looking at droid pay to see if I can shut that up and maybe bluetooth.

I was always gloating to my friend who is an apple fan how good my phone was... now i have shut up because of this screen fail. If i can't fix it i'll have to go back to iphone again and tell my friend that my work bought the iphone for me. lol

f#^k phone makers. they make us waste so much money be patient for their mistakes and rapid testing. we should start suing them for all this money and time they take from us.
    12-26-2015 04:26 PM
    I've toned down Package Disabler Pro (from 100+ disabled to only around 20 Samsung apps), and ran Droid Optimizer ONCE and the issue hasn't recurred through multiple restarts. Samsung Pay and Android Pay are still active, as is Mobile Data, NFC, Wifi and Bluetooth.

If this holds through a day or two more I'll start disabling functions here and there to see if I can find what reintroduces it.

From what I can gather it's definitely not hardware since the screen registers touch and clicks (tested in multiple apps). It's almost as if there is a hidden see-through notification bubble we can't see that is hijacking the clicks. Spam the clicks fast enough in the right spot and you can get some of it to go through. Rotate the screen, resize it to one-hand mode and the area remains "unclickable"

Maybe one of the default apps are poorly designed and leaves a transparent window over it? Or a rogue hover notification (ala Facebook Messenger) is taking over that screen area?
    12-27-2015 03:40 PM
    I forced stopped Samsung pay and started working immediately
    12-27-2015 08:05 PM
    Funny enough it happened again after changing some font sizes. Force stopped one process after another testing it after each one. It started working after I shut down Messenger (using Droid Optimizer)

Weird, weird bug.
    12-27-2015 10:31 PM
    Just logged on to report force closing all apps restores it without restarting the phone.

12-28-2015 01:40 AM
    I deactivated Facebook messenger and so far the problem has stayed away..not sure if it'll last but I'll report back on the results

12-28-2015 08:18 AM
104 1234 ...