Note 5 - Upper Left Screen Unresponsive and Crap Bletooth

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a dialer number to get into internal settings like the screen? I did one with a S6 and it fixed my screen responsiveness.

Hamsterstyle1

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, new phone same problem. Phone number 6, problem returned in an hour. Only thing that works is Droid Optimizer, stop Background Apps. The problem comes back but you can fix it with the app without having to reboot phone. Again, I've run the phone barebones and it comes back. I don't know which app it's clearing to make the screen responsive again, but it does work everytime. But I do have to do it from once a day to 5 times. Good luck. Besides this the phone runs like a dream. Also I deleted Nova because it eats too much RAM.

benleonheart

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, new phone same problem. Phone number 6, problem returned in an hour. Only thing that works is Droid Optimizer, stop Background Apps. The problem comes back but you can fix it with the app without having to reboot phone. Again, I've run the phone barebones and it comes back. I don't know which app it's clearing to make the screen responsive again, but it does work everytime. But I do have to do it from once a day to 5 times. Good luck. Besides this the phone runs like a dream. Also I deleted Nova because it eats too much RAM.

Nova never eats as much ram as Touchwiz would eat by itself.

Bttyboop424

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Upper lEft Screen Unresponsive and Crap Bletooth

I just had my phone replaced and read that fb messenger could be the biggest problem.. Deleted the app and problem solved

Tarka22

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova, always have and I am experiencing the same Upper Left Corner Issue! I have been trying to pay attention and track when it works vs not, to find the CULPRIT, whether it be a Third-Party App, a Software malfunction, Mechanical Issue OR if simply my 'Finger Taps' are just too much to handle! 😎
I purposefully will work solely from one App, closing all others, (that I am able & aware of anyway) and it hasn't made a difference.

*I did read on another Forum that Messenger was the cause. They said they Uninstalled it and it seems to be working. Has anyone else tried that? Or any other removals that seem successful??

Thanks,
Tarka

Posted via the Android Central App

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Any other update on this issue? I am trying to decide if I should switch to the Note 5 from iphone 5, Thanks.

The issue has been detected and the only viable work around has been to disable the Facebook messenger app. Facebook has not updated the app as I'm typing this. Once the messenger app is updated (current date is Dec 14th) then I would recommend you reinstalling and see if the problem returns.

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
For some people just disabling the chat heads in Facebook Messenger fixed the problem. Worth a try.

Is that what you did? I never had chat heads enabled on my N5 and so I don't believe it was the problem for me. I did try using it with chat heads working a few days ago and the problem was there. The only thing that has worked for me has been to disable the messenger app..which I actually liked a lot, and I do check every day to see if they have updated it. (Messenger app)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is that what you did? I never had chat heads enabled on my N5 and so I don't believe it was the problem for me. I did try using it with chat heads working a few days ago and the problem was there. The only thing that has worked for me has been to disable the messenger app..which I actually liked a lot, and I do check every day to see if they have updated it. (Messenger app)

No, I'm just quoting some reports from the forums. This issue is affecting different phones and brands and the only fix that seems to work for all of them is disabling/uninstalling Messenger.

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm just quoting some reports from the forums. This issue is affecting different phones and brands and the only fix that seems to work for all of them is disabling/uninstalling Messenger.

I think you and I are on the same page with this issue. ..

Hamsterstyle1

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Okay yall. On phone SEVEN! Setting it up now. This one hasn't come with the most recent AT&T firmware pre-installed. I'm going to try to not load it while using the phone, first barebones setup, then all apps until it comes back (or hopefully not). If it does then all the Chat Heads, Messenger, and Droid Optimizer stuff will have to do. Which is hooey since the damn phone should just work with the features stock in its UI. I also had a thought about a faulty stylis, unlikely, but since this is the first replacement I've had with a new one, I can control for that as well. I'll report back in 2 days or first glitch. Wish me luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome