Note 5 vs S6

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.

I spent some time at Best Buy playing with the Note 5 yesterday. Coming from an iPhone 6 the Note 5 seemed a little big (just a smidge) so I wondered if the S6 might be better for me?

Other than the obvious differences (size and s-pen) how do these two phones compare and differ? What makes the Note 5 better than the S6 (or vice versa)?

Thanks!

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is no where near as good on the s6 as it is on the note 5. I just switched from the s6 edge to the note 5 and don't regret it at all!

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I could make it through a work day (6am-6pm) and I'd have to plug it in when I got home. I'd have maybe 2hrs of screen on time and I'd be at less than 15% on battery life with my s6 edge.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've read that the s6e plus has better battery life than the note 5. It was mentioned in an ac article when both devices were released. However both the note 5 and s6e plus both have better battery life than the regular s6e

Posted via the Android Central App

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's from phone arena comparison

In our battery benchmark test, however, it reveals that the Galaxy S6 edge+ is just a bit longer with its*battery*life. Specifically, it achieves a time of 9 hours and 29 minutes, making it one of the best performing phones in the space at the moment, but the Note5 isn’t too far behind at a respectable 9 hours and 11 minutes.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Does that mean you prefer a different (non-Samsung) phone? I had heard that the Note 5 was about the best Android phone out there.

Personally Samsung just isn't my cup of tea although it's great for others.

I just bought the Moto X Pure and so far is great for my type of use.

Nexus 6p, LGG4, V10... Just a few choices I'd look at

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I've had several S and Note devices. Specs aside the Note always seems to have a better performing UI.. more fluid less hiccups. I can't point to anything specifically other than maybe RAM but I'm sure anyone who has owned several editions of each device would tend to agree

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had both the S6 and the Note 5. The Note has a much better battery life than the S6.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had both the S6 and the Note 5. The Note has a much better battery life than the S6.

Than the regular s6 not better battery life than the s6e plus. A note 5 is just a less expensive version of the s6e plus with a s pen while the s6e plus has the dual edge display. It all boils down to if op would rather have the spen or the dual edge display.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone prefer the S6 ??

It all depends if you use the spen or not. I don't recommend the regular s6 over the note 5 however the s6e plus is the best looking phone on the market right now. The s6e plus is more expensive than the note 5 though so you may want to factor that in on your decison. I just picked he s6e plus because there isn't any other phone out that looks like it while the Note5 looks like any other phone when it's in a case and I never used the spen when I had my note 4. Both the s6e plus and note 5 have the same internals so It comes down to if you use the spen or not or if you'd rather have the dual edge display.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I've only had iPhones so I have no idea how much I'd use the pen (if at all). But the thought of the potential to use the pen is intriguing.

I'm not sure I "get" the appeal of the edge display. What am I missing? (serious question, I honestly don't know.) Also, once you put a decent case on the phone, aren't the edges covered up?

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
You're can store contacts and apps that can be easily accessed by swiping the edge and also useb edge apps. I use the edge more than I ever used the spen on my note 4. Just depends on which you'd use more. And cases don't cover the edges but still protect it.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000